My appreciation of this wonderful country

AlanSheyla

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

Feel free to interpreted as it fit your view

you probably agree with yourself most of the time

I totally agree... ????????????

Those drowning in your noon time beer, we're not here to save you. Don't drag the rest of us in. It is amusing, however to watch you negative Charlies gasp for air while I sip my tea. My best attempt at sarcasm fella's. Feel free to judge... did I mention the amusement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alan, it's really great to see you contributing to group in such an honest, forthright manner.

I really believe you're "moving on"..........this time.

Well done Alan.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I totally agree... ????????????

Those drowning in your noon time beer, we're not here to save you. Don't drag the rest of us in. It is amusing, however to watch you negative Charlies gasp for air while I sip my tea. My best attempt at sarcasm fella's. Feel free to judge... did I mention the amusement. 

For your information i don't drink beer nor any alcool

surprised? You should be more surprised to see that a lot of us

here don't fit in your ''box''. Never judge without full knowledge.

11 minutes ago, AlanSheyla said:

Read my post hahah, the last line. Miseries? im happy as <deleted>$% (jealous ?)

I think it really comes from the values the parents instill in their children. 

last line of your post clearly indicates that you blame your parents for the poor relationship you and your siblings have. You claimed that "all members of your family treat each other like dogs".... why should anybody be jealous of your miseries, nothing wrong with facing reality, it would help

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

last line of your post clearly indicates that you blame your parents for the poor relationship you and your siblings have. You claimed that "all members of your family treat each other like dogs".... why should anybody be jealous of your miseries, nothing wrong with facing reality, it would help

Because I\m not miserable. it's simply an observation of how my  extended family treat each other. I have my own family here my friend and I love them (i should have specified my extended family). They dont treat each other like s%$% like this forum haha Im not sour I just respect the eastern family ways over the west. Not complicated.

Edited by AlanSheyla

57 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Don't take it so bad

it's not a cliche at all, just a reality

lucky you if you are not concerned

but in most of the cases the old westerner wants a beautiful young wife/gf

and the young wife\gf wants a provider to secure her an her family, doesn't

matter the age and the physical aspect of the westerner.

There is of course few exceptions, were the 2 are in the same age\physic group

and the 2 work and put money on the table. but honestly they are rare.

In all logic if a westerner wants a wife\gf in his ''league'' he should have one at home

the same thing for the Thai girl/woman, if she wants just someone to love, she prefers

a Thai man in 99% of the cases (But they have faults plus often they are not interested

in ''second hand models'')

The above 'reality' mostly applies ONLY in the old, outdated and cliche relationship metric of the sexpat and the bar girl or more recently, the chronically socially challenged older white guy and the younger internet bride. There's also the serial 'bad husband' who blames his unfortunate happenstance on white 'feminazis' or things of that ilk. The inability for some white males to acknowledge their mid-life crisis and respond appropriately also contributes to this social and cultural, slow-motion train wreck.

The OP, myself and a few others realize that a whole generational and cultural shift has taken place not only in Thailand but within many other countries and nationalities. The construct of the mongering, comparatively rich, white foreigner and his much younger, less educated, poor Isaan trophy wife are increasingly outdated and thus irrelevant. Similarly, the internet wife where older foreign guys are hooking up with middle-aged Thai school teachers and other professionals has probably passed its zenith. Only the minority of mid-life crisis deniers with their comb-overs and pony tails, Harley-Davidsons and an enduring penchant for gogo dancers have any sort of persistence.

My observations from over 40 years of working and living internationally (and not only in Thailand) lend credence to my firm belief that, "That was then... This is now."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The above 'reality' mostly applies ONLY in the old, outdated and cliche relationship metric of the sexpat and the bar girl or more recently, the chronically socially challenged older white guy and the younger internet bride. There's also the serial 'bad husband' who blames his unfortunate happenstance on white 'feminazis' or things of that ilk. The inability for some white males to acknowledge their mid-life crisis and respond appropriately also contributes to this social and cultural, slow-motion train wreck.

The construct of the mongering, comparatively rich, white foreigner and his much younger, less educated, poor Isaan trophy wife are increasingly outdated and thus irrelevant. 

So essentially, white men are bad, women are good.

And yet, most posters seem to have much younger wives from rural backgrounds.

(But ours are all different)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2