British man seriously ill with flu like virus in Thailand does not have Chinese Coronavirus

webfact

7 hours ago, mfd101 said:

At 70 and having spent the 1st 20 years of my life in NZ, followed by a couple of Parisian winters, then the rest of my life in Melbin & Canbella, I don't think I've ever had the flu in my life.

Is that normal?

Yes, it's normal and believe me you don't want it. It's not nice, especially at your age.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Influenza doesn't generally do this to younger people

If there is ever an outbreak of something very nasty they will 100% lie about it happening until it later becomes obvious that it's actually happening.

I'm not saying that it is but that's what they would do.....

Other than a very cursory declaration by doctors that "he has a flu, but not that one", I haven't seen anything that convinces me it's not pesticide poisoning or a vaping case.  Has anyone seen an actual, specific diagnosis? 

Like those poor Canadian women, I would suspect a pesticide poisoning to be covered up as much as possible.  But I'm sure the authorities would gladly blame vaping if that were the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the UK Independent link above:

"Outside China, two cases have been reported in Thailand and one in Japan, all involving people from Wuhan or who recently visited the city."

So is there some connection in the current case this topic to Wuhan? In the BP yesterday Thai official doctors say No and that UK tabloid articles are misinformed (my word).

I do think alot of people do not realise how dangerous 'flu' can be especially if you have ongoing medical conditions.

It kills thousands in the UK alone every year, admittedly mainly the 

elderly.

Any kind of flu can be dangerous if not treated as soon as possible.

32 minutes ago, impulse said:

Other than a very cursory declaration by doctors that "he has a flu, but not that one", I haven't seen anything that convinces me it's not pesticide poisoning or a vaping case.  Has anyone seen an actual, specific diagnosis? 

Like those poor Canadian women, I would suspect a pesticide poisoning to be covered up as much as possible.  But I'm sure the authorities would gladly blame vaping if that were the case.

If there is anything worse than the 'coronavirus' it would be the pesticide poisoning and given the past history of it. Canadians &; an american, norwegian, a Kuwait-y and possibly a chinese women, Oh and an american guy, who lived. All for a cheap way to clean rooms of bedbugs.  

If you can blame it on a chinese virus, any virus or vaping, that would be a godsend, otherwise Koh Phi Phi is going to supersede Koh Tao as     Isla de la muerte.

Edited by Dcheech

2 hours ago, cauldlad said:

I do think alot of people do not realise how dangerous 'flu' can be especially if you have ongoing medical conditions.

It kills thousands in the UK alone every year, admittedly mainly the 

elderly.

Any kind of flu can be dangerous if not treated as soon as possible.

All the more reason to get flu vax every year.

8 hours ago, Traubert said:

The guys hanging by a thread in ICU from whatever he's got and you want him to have something more serious so your ego can be fed?

I've read some sick things on here but that takes the biscuit. Disgusting.

The guy's hanging on a thread because the medical services probably don't/can't admit and get some serious brains on the job....... Telling everybody it's not this or that doesn't help the kid...... Get the best and stop messing around......    Had the same with friend of mine, very serious malarial disease, five blood transfusions on deaths door and eventually i got hold of the doctor and told him to stop F&^%$ around and make a call...... He called BKK and got some input......... Saved the kids life........ 

• Like 1

Remember something, this is a country that tried to play down the Tsunami that killed thousands for the sake of tourism/money.......... One of these nasty little bugs will wipe out millions if not controlled, just as in 1919, flu killed more than the first war......... Figure some of these beauties coming out of China......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

Every news article published from Thailand says he doesn't have this coronavirus, then there's this :

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1230876/Coronavirus-latest-china-virus-british-tourist-ashley-shorley-thailand

and this among others

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-virus-coronavirus-sars-deaths-british-tourist-case-thailand-a9292026.html

Influenza doesn't generally do this to younger people

If there is ever an outbreak of something very nasty they will 100% lie about it happening until it later becomes obvious that it's actually happening.

I'm not saying that it is but that's what they would do.....

The two links provided are just regurgitating The Sun's article with no independent verification, and if you know anything about the UK press you know The Sun cannot be trusted to tell you what day of the week it is.

Even if you did not know that, the timeline was all off, this guy got sick at Christmas, when the virus outbreak was just starting in China, he would not have been just first in Thailand (nearly 3 weeks before first official case) but also one of first in the world to contract it, all without going near the "hot zone"

Always be careful when you see many articles about something from different sources but all the articles are near identical, it generally means there is just one source and rest are copies without verification 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

This British man may not have the infection. But the BBC is reporting their are already cases of this Corona virus in Thailand. So be careful 

There have been two cases reported by Thai gov afaik, both Chinese, both from Wuhan, detected by airport screening.

And USA got it first case today, again someone who had been in Wuhan

Even if it is not the most recent Wuhan coronavirus, it’s of the utmost importance it is identified. It’s possible this is a known virus than can also be acquired by human to human contact. This is serious stuff, people. The kind of stuff that if you let it get out of hand can kill; its a silent traveling serial killer.

15 hours ago, Traubert said:

The guys hanging by a thread in ICU from whatever he's got and you want him to have something more serious so your ego can be fed?

I've read some sick things on here but that takes the biscuit. Disgusting.

It seems that you had the wrong biscuit this morning. I never wrote that "I wanted him to have something very serious. 

I wrote that I hope Internationally educated doctors who are not opinionated will have a look at him.

Plus, I wrote that I hope he's soon well again. Please don't make things up.

You do not seem to know much about Thai hospitals, but I certainly do through my voluntary work for an organisation. 

Thai doctors can lose their faces, which seems to be way more important for them than anybody of us being sick. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rhyddid said:

The gentleman is suffering from a pathology by his own, wish him a fast recovery !

May we end the Chinese paranoia ? 

There is a virus out-there as there are billions of virus, the present one is not even so dangerous as only 3 deaths over 3000 infected, a seasonal influenza doest much more !

Very interesting how the media can strain and create paranoia and worst the mass as sheep believing everything they say.

The gentleman is suffering from a pathology by his own, wish him a fast recovery !

A pathology by his own? Please elaborate. 

Just now, Isaanbiker said:

A pathology by his own? Please elaborate. 

I thought about asking, too. But he usually posts word salad. No use trying to decipher it.