Pattaya:  Mayor advises tourists to wear masks as haze hits resort

webfact

Pattaya:  Mayor advises tourists to wear masks as haze hits resort

6pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Pattaya's mayor has mobilized his teams in the city as haze rivalling that being experienced in Bangkok has hit the Thai seaside resort.

Pictures on the 77kaoded site showed low visibility as the hazardous 50 microgram 2.5 PM level was exceeded. 

They said the problems in Pattaya were particularly bad in the mornings and evenings. But at least the sea breezes helped a little. 

pa.jpg

Mayor Sontaya Khunpluem ordered all his officials to be on full alert. 

He advised that anyone going out whether residents or tourists should wear masks for protection from the harmful particles in the air. 

6pm2.jpg

77kaoded said the haze problem was being experienced in many places including Bangkok, Sri Racha and Pattaya.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-21

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They said the problems in Pattaya were particularly bad in the mornings and evenings. But at least the sea breezes helped a little.

Just blow it somewhere else.... not a solution just a slight reprieve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The more the media talks about this, the more hope something will be done by those at the top, meaning those brown envelopes might have to stop....lol, albeit the top brass will be blaming neighboring countries, although they have banged that one to death.

On a more serious note, my wife told me today that the school was making an announcement today and they were talking about PM2.5 telling kids to stay away from smoke, especially when it is in the air everywhere.

IMG_0852.JPG

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I watch this every morning since end of last week. Living right on the beach I even cannot see Kho Larn.

Today I urged my son to wear a mask at school but I'm afraid his friends will laugh at him.

harder for them to laugh, once they've been put on a ventilator

Well, good news for the Tourism Authority of Thailand then. 

Visit Pattaya where you can experience nature with your family in real smog. 

Pathetic bull"*çt; stop the sugar cane field burning - problem solved. It means that the harvesting circles will be a little longer in the interest of people and animals 

• Like 1

No mention of any measure Pattaya is taking to help us breath better ,like replacing old worn out tour buses with newer models and limiting their use in city centers ,or RETIREING old diesel bhat buses , mini tour vans and pick up trucks, to the scrap yard...