Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Thai man found electrocuted lying on his phone chargers

Recommended Posts

Thai man found electrocuted lying on his phone chargers

 

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

 

Police in Sri Racha were called after a friend found her work colleague dead in bed lying on his phone chargers. 

 

Thirty five year old Kanchamaiporn had been electrocuted. 

 

He was found lying on chargers connected to two phones.

 

Chutima, 33, said he had not shown up for work and she called three or four times with no answer  at the apartment in Nong Kham sub-district. She asked the superintendent to open up and found her friend. 

 

He was found late last night and had been dead at least three hours. There were no other suspicious circumstances. 

 

The victim was from Sakon Nakhon and was an employee of Thai Fountain of Life, an automotive company in Sri Racha on Thailand's eastern seaboard.  

 

Source: Thai Rath

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More to do with sleeping on the floor on a mat. Harder to sleep in your charger when your on a bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me guess: It was one of this cheap aftermarket chargers or if it was an original charger then likely it was damaged.

 

If people buy something for 50B then they should not be surprised to get 50B quality.

broken-usb-mobile-charger-cable-and-bloc

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Ah the obsession with phones in Thailand.  Even treat them as lovers in bed ( with a power source ) even more feeling 

Ah yes... the curiously Thai-only 'obsession' of using your smartphone in bed while it is plugged into the charger.

 

or,

 

The non-Thai obsession with health and safety that makes use of a charging smart phone in bed and any subsequent risk of death by electrocution totally and absolutely impossible.

 

Take your pick.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phone charger is 4, 9, 12 volts output. His extention( 220.v ) may have been faulty. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anotify said:

Phone charger is 4, 9, 12 volts output. His extention( 220.v ) may have been faulty. 

There is a fault condition with many cheapo chargers that can lead to dangerous voltages being present at the phone charger output,they are fine until the fault occurs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

More to do with sleeping on the floor on a mat. Harder to sleep in your charger when your on a bed.

My charge cables run through my headboard and my tablet charges beside me as I sleep. Sometimes it makes it to the bedside table, but if I fall asleep reading it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Ah yes... the curiously Thai-only 'obsession' of using your smartphone in bed while it is plugged into the charger.

 

or,

 

The non-Thai obsession with health and safety that makes use of a charging smart phone in bed and any subsequent risk of death by electrocution totally and absolutely impossible.

 

Take your pick.

What nonsense, a proper charger and cable pushing a low voltage, low amp current are not dangerous in the least.

 

I read ebooks in bed and charge my tablet at night as I sleep.

 

You have a bedside reading lamp? Living on the edge indeed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let me guess: It was one of this cheap aftermarket chargers or if it was an original charger then likely it was damaged.

 

If people buy something for 50B then they should not be surprised to get 50B quality.

broken-usb-mobile-charger-cable-and-bloc

 

 

Let's not forget cheap house wiring.

 

No earth pins, probably no circuit breakers, and earth leak breaker. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let me guess: It was one of this cheap aftermarket chargers or if it was an original charger then likely it was damaged.

 

If people buy something for 50B then they should not be surprised to get 50B quality.

broken-usb-mobile-charger-cable-and-bloc

 

What you claim that has totally nothing to do with cheap after market chargers.

 

Any device can fail. Orgininal, OEM or after market the all fail. The changes that a device fails is pending on many things.

 

First the good and safe design has been cut down from the original design to a comemercial design, this makes it less safer. As well a part can fail. As well using a device beyond the design specification also can cause problems 

 

Electricity is nick named the silent killer always waiting for a change to hit. You not see it comning or feel it comning. Only when is it too late.

 

Do not forget most of us grew up with devices and enviroment that was much unsafer then the current and in the west many still die due to electricity only not get the news coverage as we have in countries like Thailand.

 

With the new electric cars and motor bikes this rate will icnrease faster. Caused by the unpresictable problems that vatteries cause when used by uncontrolled chemical reaction that cause fire or by vehicles that have had experienced bumps and the battery got deformated.

 

Accident with electrcit cars, motorbike and so on cause many extra safety problems due to the chemical reactions that take place in the battery and a few people died due to it that could normally survived that kind accident.

 

Edited by Autonuaq
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...