Government Compulsory Vehicle insurance

jonwilly

I understand that for the compulsory insurance for M/cycles B300 and B600 for cars their is a payment of up to maximum B30,000 for any medical costs incurred as result of an accident..

Does anyone have full details of the procedure involved to claim for money spent in hospital. Is it only State hospitals or are private hospitals included ?

I have asked 2 frang businessmen and a couple  of Thai ladies, one a graduate who speaks perfect English and noone has been able to give a full brief.

john

27 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

Thank you Scubba, Is a Police report needed or any other documentation ?

john

According to the procedure above it's just for death or permanent disability but i have read somewhere else a police report is required. Thing to do is ask the hospital, they may do the claim themselves, they are meant to have a procedure in place

Any hospital visit / inpatient.. I have claimed on it 4 or more times, in fact the private hospitals handled it all for me once a police report was gathered. The police report WAS needed (by the hospital, the insurer, no idea ??) but the whole thing was handled. 

My son-in-law had a motorcycle accident last year and was taken to a private hospital. They told him he was covered up to 30k and handled all the paperwork and also asked him to return the next day with a police report.

7 hours ago, jonwilly said:

I have just spoken to Thai friends who run the M/Cycle garage I use. They say B30,000 max cover for accident and you do not need a police report to claim.

john

30,000 baht coverage is nothing if you pick wrong hospital. 

30,000 baht coverage is nothing if you pick wrong hospital. 

Very true, I have always planned to self insure and in the past had been led to understand that the Government Compulsory Insurance was for Thai citizens only and then only at  Government hospitals.

I came across a Youtube Vlog and it's creator stated that it was applicable to all riders and folk involved in an accident.

None of the 3 staff in my condo knew the details, 2 frang businessmen were aware of the insurance but no details, ammount or how to claim. 

Today I spoke to my Thai friend at his garage and a Thai customer who spoke good English got involved.

They told me B30K was max cover, I asked if a police report was needed and they talked in Thai and said no.

I will ask other Thai's I know and one friend is trying with a Thai professor from CM Uni if he sees him. Please any genuine comments more than welcome.

john

I was involved in a motorbike accident last year and was took to a state hospital stayed 2 nights after being patched up by doctors, the por ra bor insurance covered me and they didn't need a police report.  The hospital sorted it all out and all they needed was a signature . I'm near sure the bill was 19000b . 

• Thanks 1