Fast car market paradox

FarangFB

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

That is a very good choice. I had a long drive in the XC60 a few months ago and quite liked it but in the end opted for a different PHEV. If I had known that was coming I may have waited.

Just out of interest I’m going to the S60 launch in a few days time and I will be very surprised if is not another desirable motor from them. 

if you want something quick, which is also quiet and quite luxurious an upmarket PHEV is the way to go.

Yes we are on similar paths it seems, just sold my Civic turbo to buy the volvo.

I am expecting the S60 to be the R Design sport model so should be another interesting option ????

1 hour ago, br12stol said:

Yes we are on similar paths it seems, just sold my Civic turbo to buy the volvo.

I am expecting the S60 to be the R Design sport model so should be another interesting option ????

very similar actually, we sold my wife Civic RS to put the money towards the new car...

Edited by JAS21

3 minutes ago, Jitar said:

The V60 looks good but plan on keeping it for a while.  Resale on Volvo in Thailand is brutal.  

You mean it’s worse than MB.....The new Volvos are very nice and come with at least five year service and warranty included..

22 hours ago, JAS21 said:

You mean it’s worse than MB.....The new Volvos are very nice and come with at least five year service and warranty included..

Yes Volvo depreciation has been worse than MB.

Yes the new Volvos are very nice but the older models were not bad compared to their contemporaries either. 

• 3 weeks later...

Volvo just released the new S60 t8 that's 100k cheaper than the V60 mentioned here. At 2.19M and 0-100 in 4.4s it makes even less sense to buy those 10-15 year old used cars with a lot of mileage and a slower acceleration.

I'm just hoping that they release a smaller hatchback with that engine and shave off another 100-200k from the price, it would be a beast that could match the performance of the Mercedes AMG A45 but costing less than half the price.