Recommend a good, inexpensive Blood Test Lab in Chiang Mai...

WaveHunter

I know there are quite a few place to get blood tests in CM but clinics and hospitals can be slow and expensive.  Please recommend a good, inexpensive lab in the Neimann or Chiang Mai University area; preferably with the name and a google map link, not the usual ThaiVisa descriptions people post like "go 100 meters past the so and so landmark, turn left, then first right and it's next to the place that used to be the bla-bla-bla store LOL).  

I used to live over on the other side of town by the Ping River and there is a lab there that is highly recommended (CMF Lab).  They have a published price list for all tests on their website for anyone interested.  I am just looking for something similar closer to where I now live, so if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

10 hours ago, HullyGully said:

I used CMF Lab near the Express Hotel

I suggest you google them

I appreciate you taking the time to respond did you not even read my post?  This is the lab I said I used in the past.

Second of all, my pet peeve on ThaiVisa is people leaving narrative directions when it's just as easy and infinitely more helpful to provide a Google map Link (as I did for CMF in my post). 

The only clue you provide is that the lab is near the Express Hotel.  Well, there is no "Express Hotel" listed on Google for Chiang Mai. 

I'm guessing you probably meant the EMPRESS hotel but there are several hotels with the name Empress in them, and since the lab only refers to itself as ซีเอ็มเอฟ แล็บ คลินิก, trying to find the lab with only the clue that it was nearby would be fruitless, especially for someone who can't read Thai.

THUS, the helpfulness of using Google Map links when describing a location.  I wish more people on ThaiVisa would use this excellent resource.

Nonetheless, thanks for your response.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Second of all, my pet peeve on ThaiVisa is people leaving narrative directions when it's just as easy and infinitely more helpful to provide a Google map Link (as I did for CMF in my post). 

No it is not just as easy for those who do not use Google maps for anything.  Like me and many of my friends.  We have no need for it.

So anyone who provides a Google map link to us is not being helpful at all let alone being infinitely more helpful.

• Haha 2

I've used this clinic and was happy with the service and response time. They will email you the results.  It was cheap to me, but I don't live here, just visit a lot. ???? 

AMS Clinical Service Center:  https://goo.gl/maps/U3vnXfYGn1S2eCEv8

You can see a price list of their bloodwork here (you don't have to do the health checkup program to have your bloodwork done):

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=th&sp=nmt4&u=http://www.ams.cmu.ac.th/amscsc/checkup.html&xid=25657,15700023,15700186,15700190,15700256,15700259,15700262,15700265,15700271,15700301&usg=ALkJrhh2PSdW4K4dqQ_wo_MzhYCk2b5SEA

Edited by thaiatheart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2020 at 12:50 PM, Dante99 said:

No it is not just as easy for those who do not use Google maps for anything.  Like me and many of my friends.  We have no need for it.

So anyone who provides a Google map link to us is not being helpful at all let alone being infinitely more helpful.

Well, you might consider joining the 21st century.  For a farang In a city like Chiang Mai it's very difficult to navigate to a location when somebody tries to describe it using local knowledge.  Contrarily, with a Google Map link and a smart phone it's remarkably easy.  You should try it maybe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2020 at 5:02 AM, thaiatheart said:

I've used this clinic and was happy with the service and response time. They will email you the results.  It was cheap to me, but I don't live here, just visit a lot. ???? 

AMS Clinical Service Center:  https://goo.gl/maps/U3vnXfYGn1S2eCEv8

I  have taken the procedure price list from this site (it's on the site as a bit-map),  and modified it (in PhotoShop) to, hopefully, be more readable for eyes (like mine) with problems. It woild be interesting to know if an expat has to use their services through the Sriphat gateway, and/or if there are higher prices for expats.

The original is here (clickee): AMS original

image.thumb.png.c175ea4d26f34689172d1b42057307ed.png

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 10:53 AM, WaveHunter said:

I appreciate you taking the time to respond did you not even read my post?  This is the lab I said I used in the past.

The only clue you provide is that the lab is near the Express Hotel.  Well, there is no "Express Hotel" listed on Google for Chiang Mai. 

I'm guessing you probably meant the EMPRESS hotel but there are several hotels with the name Empress in them, and since the lab only refers to itself as ซีเอ็มเอฟ แล็บ คลินิก, trying to find the lab with only the clue that it was nearby would be fruitless, especially for someone who can't read Thai.

THUS, the helpfulness of using Google Map links when describing a location.  I wish more people on ThaiVisa would use this excellent resource.

Nonetheless, thanks for your response.

Sorry you get peeved effortlessly getting free, information from complete strangers...

I go to Ram....they e mail me results....
its on the Hua Lin corner of the moat, around the corner from KSK and about opposite PowerBuy....almost.

Edited by mikey88

27 minutes ago, mikey88 said:

Sorry you get peeved effortlessly getting free, information from complete strangers...

It took you 16 days from the date of the posting you respond to here.

I hope you didn't infect anybody in the incubation period.

~o:37;

33 minutes ago, orang37 said:

It took you 16 days from the date of the posting you respond to here.

I hope you didn't infect anybody in the incubation period.

~o:37;

No problem.  The OP already took his ball and went home over persistent refusal of many to comply with his Google map requirement.????

1 hour ago, mikey88 said:

I go to Ram....they e mail me results....
its on the Hua Lin corner of the moat, around the corner from KSK and about opposite PowerBuy....almost.

Sorry if my tone offended you but your reply illustrated exactly why I don't like "old school" narrative directions...because you got them wrong!  (saying it was near a hotel that doesn't even exist in Chiang Mai!)  Since YOU know where the place is, it is so easy to simply open Google maps, find it and click the button to "share" the link in your reply.  What's so hard about that?

Secondly, why would you even waste your time telling me about a place that I already clearly said I knew about in my post...and then get snippy with me two weeks later because I pointed that out LOL?

You're a funny guy getting all huffy and puffy.  That's OK though, I guess you have a problem reading a post before you reply, and just prefer the old school approach of giving confusing and incorrect directions.  Each to his own, I guess ????

Edited by WaveHunter

25 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

No problem.  The OP already took his ball and went home over persistent refusal of many to comply with his Google map requirement.????

Save your snide remarks for someone who cares.  A lot of people provided good input to the thread which helped me find what I was looking for.

Edited by WaveHunter

• 9 months later...
On 1/21/2020 at 8:10 PM, WaveHunter said:

Please recommend a good, inexpensive lab 

Sorry, but "good" and "inexpensive" is not, IMO, something that goes together in the medical field. Either good, OR inexpensive, IMO.

I suggest the big public hospital, Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital, which is where I had my blood tests done.

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 11:28 PM, WaveHunter said:

Sorry if my tone offended you but your reply illustrated exactly why I don't like "old school" narrative directions...because you got them wrong!  (saying it was near a hotel that doesn't even exist in Chiang Mai!)  Since YOU know where the place is, it is so easy to simply open Google maps, find it and click the button to "share" the link in your reply.  What's so hard about that?

Secondly, why would you even waste your time telling me about a place that I already clearly said I knew about in my post...and then get snippy with me two weeks later because I pointed that out LOL?

You're a funny guy getting all huffy and puffy.  That's OK though, I guess you have a problem reading a post before you reply, and just prefer the old school approach of giving confusing and incorrect directions.  Each to his own, I guess ????

At least the info was free.

On 2/7/2020 at 5:24 PM, Bill97 said:

Actually the OP has a valid point as well as a good solution to the issue.  i agree with him.  Whenever someone asks for directions to a place I either provide a Google link or a set of GPS numbers. 

And thanks for the posts @WaveHunter.  I was about to write a similar question about labs but found this set of post which answer my questions. I don't want to deal with hospitals or doctors.  I know the set of blood tests I want done and rather not waste the extra time and expense having to consult with a doctor when I can just order what I need directly at a lab.

• Like 1