Celebrities blame pollution on Government incompetence

webfact

On 1/21/2020 at 3:02 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Can these celebrities please stop pretending that they are smarter or more concerned than the rest of us?

I.e. if someone is a good singer then he/she is a good singer and not an expert or a role model for lots of other things.

We have bad pollution - I can see that just by looking out of the window. And it won't go away until the police enforces lots of laws.

But imagine what would happen if the police would suddenly enforce all those laws? I am sure lots of citizens would be very upset and blame the "military government" for being too strong.

Whatever they do or don't do some people will be upset.

They are correct to hold the government accountable 

12 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Farmers need some sort of incentive/assistance to plough the sugar cane stubble back into the ground or find another way to deal with it. Simply banning the burning without researching alternative ways to deal with the harvest residue isn’t realistic. This should have been done many governments ago.

Exactly, and the government should supply equipment to communities, and force large growers to buy their own.  Proper harvesting and turning soil.  Education would be a plus as well!  Then they can have real enforcement.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:48 AM, thesetat2013 said:

Actually you aren't too smart. Burning is good for nature. Good for soil and crops. And it's difficult to believe they lay blame for the pollution on crop burning.

I really hope you are being facetious!