Startup in Bangkok

I am just wondering if any startups are blooming up in this year 2020, since everywhere i listen around Bangkok that market was so down..

how good you think to plan a new business in this financial year? Is it Viable? Welcome for your suggestion/..

For foreigners it's not possible to run a startup in the classical sense (i.e. without a big sponsor) in Thailand, therefore you won't find many.

In case you are looking for exclusively Thai startups you probably have to ask somewhere else than on Thaivisa.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Leave it to the Thais they know best.

A coffee shop good choice providing at least 5 within 500metres of where new one will be.

????????????

The thing with the coffee shops is really funny.

I live in a big condominium. I think over the last years we had at least 5 coffee shops which opened and soon after closed again. Simple math should be enough to calculate that a business like that can't possibly make any money under realistic conditions. But people try again and again. Amazing Thailand. Let's open a coffee shop, yeah.

49 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The thing with the coffee shops is really funny.

I live in a big condominium. I think over the last years we had at least 5 coffee shops which opened and soon after closed again. Simple math should be enough to calculate that a business like that can't possibly make any money under realistic conditions. But people try again and again. Amazing Thailand. Let's open a coffee shop, yeah.

Always thought I could make a profit from a coffee shop.

30bht/cup to get all the trade, and make more from selling home baked biscuits and cakes and yoghurt.

But if your shop sells the same as everyone else at the same price as everyone else, you'd make nothing.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1