‘Thailand’s tourism industry doomed if we don’t embrace nature’, Bensley tells TTF 2020

webfact

17 hours ago, webfact said:

‘Thailand’s tourism industry doomed if we don’t embrace nature’, Bensley tells TTF 2020

It is certainly very interesting to know how the TAT bosses think!
Listen and learn, even if what he spoke is just a FARANG!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Although I agree with the tone of your post, the reality is that said sex tourists can now get laid in their own countries for the same amount or less and that's not including air fares, hotels etc.

Don't agree. They like a rest every now and then even if for an hour or two.

The problems which include this one are multifaceted requiring a holistic strategy. There isn’t that level of thinking in government and it will take some kind of catastrophic event to prompt any kind of address. Corona virus anyone?

Edited by nchuckle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Farang telling the Thai a few home truths. However, we know that Thai will not listen as they know best. TAT will save the day.

Unfortunately, as said many times by many people here, Thailand has lost the plot.

It started in earnest 6 years ago, and I fear it will never recover. Once you lose your core customer base that were enticed here by all the things that made Thailand a desirable destination for many, many decades, ( and not just the sex trade and bars ), then it will take more than a little spin and a band aid to lure them from places that offer more value for money, better security, less rip offs, cleaner environment. 

The best thing TAT can do for Thailand is to put the lights out, lock the office doors, and put up a for sale sign.

Yes, I fear you are right but...always a 'but' eh?...I'm now not sure on who TAT has an impact on. The only people who really know the truth are those who earn a living via tourism directly or indirectly. We hear that hotels are suffering from lack of bookings etc. while TAT spews out figures that are almost exactly opposite. I was talking to some locals earlier this week and they had no awareness one way or the other. That got me wondering if the ordinary Thai was interested or not or whether they were just so far removed from the tourism problems that they would just blame, well whoever they thought was responsible for their personal lack of fortune.

So, on what, who and where is the 'impact' happening? Perhaps there is absolutely no impact at all hence nothing gets done.

• Like 2

I don’t think that ignoring Thailand’s monstrous problems is going to work this time round. The authorities can say what they want, they won’t stop the the havoc being spread. The whole country and it’s once beautiful beaches are polluted. 

• Like 2