Non - O Visa Renewal - What are the list and number of copies of required documents

My retirement visa Non-O expires in February.  I am getting the stack of paperwork ready to go to the immigration bureau in Pattaya.  Though I have searched through numerous sites, there are differences between them and none of them state the number of copies required.   Can someone please list the required documents and how many copies.  Also, last time, my fiance had to prepare and sign a guarantee letter, her house book, and I had to draw a map of where we were living.  Can that be a google map, or I have read one person had to have a hand drawn map.  Lastly, exactly what does the bank letter have to state.  

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Your Non O Visa expired a long time ago.

Maybe you should have searched for documents required for extensions based on retirement.

Which part of my original post stating that the list is not on the Thai immigration web site, and there is not a complete listing on any site did you have trouble comprehending? 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Which part of my original post stating that the list is not on the Thai immigration web site, and there is not a complete listing on any site did you have trouble comprehending? 

I had a problem with you renewing an 'O' Visa at Immigration, which is not possible.

It sounds as though your renewing an extension based on retirement (a permit, not a Visa).

Lists of documents required for such have been posted several times on TVF.

Searching for documents required for 'O' Visas will probably lead you to Embassy websites.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I had a problem with you renewing an 'O' Visa at Immigration, which is not possible.

Tanoshi

OA Visa is applied for  at Embassy outside of Thailand.  O visa is applied for within Thailand. 

Retirement.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

Tanoshi

OA Visa is applied for  at Embassy outside of Thailand.  O visa is applied for within Thailand. 

Retirement.JPG

You've misunderstood the information, which incidentally is wrong.

The O-A long stay Visa can only be obtained from a Thai Embassy in your Country of citizenship, or Country where you have permanent residency status.

Visas are issued by Thai Embassies/Consulates. TR/0/O-A/ED/B are but a few types.

You must initial obtain a Non Imm type Visa in order to apply for an extension within Thailand.

If you entered Visa exempt or on a TV, then there is an internal procedure to apply for, or change your Visa status to a Non O but only as a prelude to obtaining an extension. (TM86 or TM87).

From your post it appears you initially either obtained a Non O Visa from a Thai Embassy, or applied internally for a Non O. In either case, the Non O only permits a stay of 90 days. 

You then apply to extend your permission of stay by another 365 days, commonly just referred to as an extension, either based on marriage or retirement.

Any Visa you previously held became invalid on it's expiry date. 

Visas cannot be extended, only your permission of stay is extended.

From what I gleamed from your initial post you applied for and was granted permission of stay for 1 year as of February last year, which is a permit, not a Visa. (Based on retirement).

A Visa typically allows either a single or multiple entries to the Country.

An extension does not allow any entries, which is why you must obtain a re-entry permit in order to leave/re-enter and keep any permission of stay valid.

• Like 2

I assume you're asking about a One-Year Stay Extension, and although you indicated you had last entered Thailand on a Non-Imm O Visa, you didn't say what criteria you were going to use to apply for your stay extension.

As I always recommend, check with your local Immigration Office to be sure, and even then, by the time the day comes for you to actually apply, you can still never be sure.

Anyway, I've attached the latest (as of about a month ago) requirements from my local Immigration Office (Phetchabun) for an extension based on marriage.

Good luck.

Phetchabun Immi Marriage Extension Requirements 2019-12-20 Page 1.jpg

Phetchabun Immi Marriage Extension Requirements 2019-12-20 Page 2.jpg

I did my 90 day report yesterday and asked my local Immigration Office to confirm its documentary requirements for Non-Imm O extension - my next one will be my first using 'money in the bank' rather than an embassy letter.

All as in Jacko45k's post #7 above, except that I was told that no bank letter would be required.  Confirmed it twice, but I think I'll still get the letter - just in case.....

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

Tonoshi,

Thank you for the information.  I have been in Thailand for over one year and you are the first one who identified the 1 year extension as an extension rather than a visa.  Even the Thailand immigration web sites will at times refer to the 1 year extension as a visa.  Following your checklist, I googled retirement extensions and attached is the one from Chonburi.  Notice even it says the extension is commonly called the retirement visa.  In any event, you have been most helpful and I thank you a great deal.  If the immigration bureau was as thorough as your checklist, there would be fewer posts about the requirements from us retirees. 

Chonburi.JPG

Looks like your have found the information from the Pattaya City Expats Club website, which is a good source of information. I did smile when I read your post above about Tanoshi being the first one to point out the difference. You must not read Thai Visa too much as there is hardly a thread that goes by without someone pointing it out lol

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

What is required can differ depending on the particular Immigration Office.

OP states the extension will be sought from Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration Office (Jomtien).

To answer the question on number of copies -- Pattaya Immigration, Desk 8 for retirement extensions, requires only one set of documents and one photograph.

As to documents needed, this will depend on whether you are using the 65,000 baht per month method or the 800,000 baht in a Thai bank method.  The Pattaya City Expats Club has a checklist for each method which is based on reports from Pattaya Expats:

65k monthly income: http://www.pcecnews.com/permNL/retirementvisachecklist-65k-income.pdf

800k in bank: http://www.pcecnews.com/permNL/retirementvisachecklist-800k-in-Thai-Bank.pdf

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Thank you for the information.  I have been in Thailand for over one year and you are the first one who identified the 1 year extension as an extension rather than a visa.  Even the Thailand immigration web sites will at times refer to the 1 year extension as a visa.  Following your checklist, I googled retirement extensions and attached is the one from Chonburi.  Notice even it says the extension is commonly called the retirement visa.

The type of Visa is displayed on the Vignette or Stamp.

Nowhere will you find a Visa stamped with the words 'Marriage' or 'Retirement'.

On the other hand 1 year extensions issued by Immigration will be stamped 'Marriage' or 'Retirement' as the basis of it's issue.

Some Embassies refer to the O-A Visa as a Retirement Visa, others call it the 'long stay' Visa.

Many commercial websites, even Immigration refer to 'extensions' as 'Visas'.

I obtained an 'O' Visa in my home Country for the purpose of retirement in Thailand.

When seeking advice, quoting 'Retirement' or 'Marriage' Visa can cause even the most experienced members to second guess what you mean and subsequently give the wrong advice.

Some state terminology isn't important, or those trying to use the correct terms are pedantic.

The proof of the pudding is right under their noses, in their Passport.

I'm happy that your now receiving some good advice and getting an idea of the documents you'll require to hopefully successfully obtain another extension based on retirement.

If I could offer one further word of advice, don't take the Fiancée to Immigration, go alone. 

20 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If I could offer one further word of advice, don't take the Fiancée to Immigration, go alone. 

Tanoshi, May I ask why?  Also I am living with her.  She has a home in Huay Yai so I will have to have her house book 

9 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Tanoshi, May I ask why?  Also I am living with her.  She has a home in Huay Yai so I will have to have her house book 

Because it can get confusing and you have no idea what's going on and learn nothing.

The IO will invariable speak in Thai, as opposed to English.

If she owns the house where your living, then all you need is a signed copy of her Tabien Baan and ID card.

If your renting then you should be supplying signed copies of the Tabien Baan and ID card of the person that holds them for that residence as proof of address. (Owner/Landlord).

I suspect the 'guarantee' letter that your Fiancée had to supply last year was because you supplied her Tabien Baan and not the one for where your living. Supplying a guarantee letter from your Fiancée is not part of the normal documentation requirement.

4 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Been in Thailand for over one year and you are the first one who identified the 1 year extension as an extension rather than a visa.

Golly, a whole year.

Your're aiming to get an extension of stay. 

The non imm O you once got has an expiry date. That date cannot be changed or extended or renewed.

When you entered Thailand, immigrations gave you a permission to stay. Your legal stay in Thailand is based on that permission to stay. You want to extend that permission. 

The type of visa you originally used may be of some significance, but the visa will expire and/or be stamped "used." You don't need a valid, unexpired visa to be in Thailand. You do need a permission to stay or extension of that permission.

You came to the forum for advice, but seem more interested in arguing and pretending you have a clue. From the things you've said, you clearly are confused.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Thank you for the information.  I have been in Thailand for over one year and you are the first one who identified the 1 year extension as an extension rather than a visa.

You're going to use form TM.7

Notice that the header says nothing about a visa.

100952645_extofstay.png.292103406498f89a062ae58409ed8bc0.png

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

You came to the forum for advice, but seem more interested in arguing and pretending you have a clue. From the things you've said, you clearly are confused.

Suradit69  Seems to me, you are the one who is trolling for an argument.  I provided from Thai government web sites the use of the term "Retirement Visa"  If you go to the Agency web sites, they too refer to the one year extension as a Retirement Visa.  So yes there is some confusion about using multiple terms to describe the same thing. 

5 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Tonoshi,

Thank you for the information.  I have been in Thailand for over one year and you are the first one who identified the 1 year extension as an extension rather than a visa.  Even the Thailand immigration web sites will at times refer to the 1 year extension as a visa.  Following your checklist, I googled retirement extensions and attached is the one from Chonburi.  Notice even it says the extension is commonly called the retirement visa.  In any event, you have been most helpful and I thank you a great deal.  If the immigration bureau was as thorough as your checklist, there would be fewer posts about the requirements from us retirees. 

Chonburi.JPG

"Also, last time, my fiance had to prepare and sign a guarantee letter, her house book, and I had to draw a map of where we were living."

That's not the requirements for an extension based on retirement.

A retirement visa is what an O-A Long Stay Visa is called. The incorrect comment you refer to comes from PCEC. 

If you're talking about an extension based on retirement,the checklist from PCEC = Pattaya City Expats Club is correct. There are 2 checklists, one for the money in the bank method and one for the 65k monthly method.