BANGKOK
canuckamuck

Left passport at home, staying at hotel

I have a hotel booking in Chiang Mai. But my passport is in Chiang Rai. But I have my Thai Drivers licence. Do I need the passport. Due to the new rules. Or can I just use the DL like I used to.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The hotel will tell you. Not every hotel is the same. Why make a topic about it before asking them directly with a phone call? Anyway, usually not any issue.

I can't find their phone number on the web. Their own site doesn't have a phone number

7 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I can't find their phone number on the web. Their own site doesn't have a phone number

If you are in Chiangmai ready to check in to the hotel..why would you need their telephone number? Strange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Anyone at you place that can take a pic and send it to you? 

Go quickly get some gal that will use her id and then give her a tip to get lost. 

• Like 1

Most hotels will take a copy via email. They'll need a copy of the visa/exemption stamp as well...and, I think, the TM6 form.

Can anyone make a copy for you? If so, ask them to do so and email it to you.

You SHOULD be fine. If one hotels says no, others will bend that rule. I've done it before when my passport was not available for various reasons (passport renewal or pages, etc).

Edited by DaveK68

Yeah just any copy is good enough for most hotels, certainly if you also have a TH driving license showing the same name.

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

which site did you use to book, once your booking is confirmed the site gives (it's suppose to give) you all the hotel contact info including phone #.... but it appears that you are already in CM thus better go to the hotel and ask

Show them a copy of you passport on your smart phone.

They use their smart phone to take a photo of your copy.

• Like 2