Greta Thunberg calls on world leaders to listen to young activists

snoop1130

13 hours ago, TheDark said:

Greta has popped so many blood vessels of elderly men, it itself counts as great advance when fighting the climate change and overpopulation ????

Honestly, sometimes I think the Thai Visa monitors post Greta Thunberg items just to watch people’s blood get boiling. But one thing is worth bearing in mind. It wasn’t too long ago that (US) college-age kids protesting their government were lambasted by the “establishment” for being communist stooges, spoiled trust fund babies, Jane Fonda wannabes, whatever, and dismissed for not knowing what they were talking about. Unlike the adults, who had things under control.

As it turns out, the kids were right! Their government (the Nixon administration) really WAS a pack of crooks and liars! US involvement in Vietnam really WAS a colossal miscalculation, the worst mistake in US foreign policy history!

Really, sometimes there’s nothing more dangerous than the hubris of old men.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Many of the older generation just don't believe the alarmism, so why would they be motivated to do anything about it?

Where the whole climate Chicken Littleism falls down is that those of us been around a while know that the sea isn't rising, and storms are no worse than in the past. School kids have no experience of life beyond a few years to know how things were in the not so recent past.

We've also been around long enough to know that if governments are not doing more than give lip service to the situation, it's probably not really serious at all.

Did you always have to wear a mask when going out ...?

6 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Climate change has been around for umpteen million years,

we can expect that to continue, our immediate threat is pollution, how do you cook a radio active chicken containing plastic and phosphates etc?

Indeed. One has to wonder why governments are bending over backwards to give lip service ( and impose new taxes ) on "climate change", but do sod all about pollution, which really is a problem that can be solved.

BTW, banning plastic bags is not a solution when everything in the supermarket is wrapped in plastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never had children, so I have none to tell. Even 50 years ago I could see that the world was going to be overpopulated, and chose not to add to it.

If I had had any, I'd tell them to not have any themselves, or to stick at one.

The number one best way to deal with man made climate change is to not have any more children than the world can sustain.

There are many more reasons for man made climate change than overpopulation. 

• Haha 1