Greta Thunberg calls on world leaders to listen to young activists

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

????????????????

The Chinese gave up on it before it had time to work, which would be several generations, and they only did it once, not over and over.

The objective isn't to achieve population stasis, but reduction, preferably to 1950s levels. That would reduce demand for raw materials and fresh water to sustainable levels, IMO.

It failed because it was unworkable and again, did nothing to reduce man made climate change. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Can you be sure that the final solution is not already

in progress?  Don't blame me mate, I don't wish it, but

it will make sense in the long run.

Hmm, “final solution”- a choice of phrase I find disturbing.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

the only way to reduce man made climate change findings is to stop funding it

No idea what you are on about, though I suspect a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory is in the offing...

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

It failed because it was unworkable and again, did nothing to reduce man made climate change. 

The policy was never because of climate change so don't know why you include that.

It certainly worked for many years- reduced females significantly in some areas of China which means significant reductions in births in those areas now.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Hmm, “final solution”- a choice of phrase I find disturbing.

Nature is pretty good at final solutions. The dinosaurs experienced their own final solution.

This corona virus may be nature's solution to the human problem. If not this one, another may come along in due course.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The policy was never because of climate change so don't know why you include that.

It certainly worked for many years- reduced females significantly in some areas of China which means significant reductions in births in those areas now.

This thread is about man made climate change and one would assume no one is trying to deflect from that with their advocation of failed policies...

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Nature is pretty good at final solutions. The dinosaurs experienced their own final solution.

This corona virus may be nature's solution to the human problem. If not this one, another may come along in due course.

Not what I am referring to and you know it.

Just now, Bluespunk said:

This thread is about man made climate change and one would assume no one is trying to deflect from that with their advocation of failed policies...

Fair enough. Let's say for the sake of discussion that man made climate change is real and is going to kill every man woman and child on the planet. Seems to me that if that were the case the most efficient way of reducing man made climate change is to reduce the number of people, especially as no one alive can actually change climate. Given that man made CO2 in the atmosphere is approximately 3% of atmospheric CO2, even if we stopped using every CO2 emitting machine tomorrow, what difference would it make?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/07/29/epa-document-supports-3-of-atmospheric-carbon-dioxide-is-attributable-to-human-sources/

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can't we just listen to the old activists that pull the strings and write the scripts for the young activists?

As if Greta ever had an original thought in her life.

Can't we just listen to the old activists that pull the strings and write the scripts for the young activists?

i think taking every friday off from school to protest, alone, sitting on the sidewalk, for a couple of years was pretty original. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teatree said:

Anyone who wants to know why people are skepitcal about climate alarmism please watch this video.  It is full of scientific data to back up the arguments made:

so, did that scientific data come from the 3 percent of the world's scientists who deny climate change?  (and i'm sure it's merely concidence that most of this 3 percent are employed by the fossil fuels industry)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It would be helluva messy if, say 90% of the population drops dead and there would not be enough people to clean the population centres. 

So reduction of population by deadly viruses might not be the best way.

I prefer education and better social systems, so that people do not need to make a flock of kids to provide them 'pension' when they get old. This is already happening in most parts of the world, which in few decades results as decrease of population.

Shameless exploitation by her parents. Feeding their 17 year old - she seems much younger, autistic daughter with their own ideas for their own agenda.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

i think taking every friday off from school to protest, alone, sitting on the sidewalk, for a couple of years was pretty original. 

No its the sort of behavior someone with autism might well do. Presumably encouraged by parents and teachers.

All this attention isn't helping her. She will believe she really can do things, understands things and become more frustrated as reality kicks in,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Actually factual. Most American youths concurred with youths around the world on climate change and more concerned than their elders. Elders shouldn’t be selfish to deny the next generation of a better world. 

Yup, children know better than their parents: Fact

????

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No idea what you are on about, though I suspect a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory is in the offing...

I think he's suggesting that whilst funding for something is available, sections of the scientific community and academics will find something to investigate. 

Hardly a conspiracy theory as funding is what drives research.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Actually factual. Most American youths concurred with youths around the world on climate change and more concerned than their elders. Elders shouldn’t be selfish to deny the next generation of a better world. 

And young people shouldn't be so silly as to think easy solutions to complex problems are just being ignored.

Not all young people come from comfortable cossetted backgrounds.