437 govt schools to be closed Wednesday to tackle severe air pollution

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Redline said:

They love giving money to the Chinese, so let them do it.

That might actually be a viable option. Too bad the Chinese will demand to own the fields as a return favor. That'll happen anyway so might as well.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

If I understood correctly, the ethanol used in the E-fuels comes from sugar cane. I'd rather use gasoline without ethanol, but it's not widely available anymore.

They can grow corn to produce ethanol during a good year with plenty of rain probably raise 2 or 3 crops

1 hour ago, Sumarianson said:

If people stop buying sugar cane products, that will put a stop to a lot of it. That will also result in a healthier population. 

The government is inept and the cause of many respiratory illnesses in children and adults. The government should be sued for the cost to the public for the health costs as they have the power to stop the burning but do not have the political will. A tariff on sugar which is in itself is a known health hazard would be an option. Of course the proceesds to be used to compensste farmers and enforce the law not to be pocketed by the corrupt officials in government.

Sorry I ain't giving up my sugar But I use it in moderation anything used excessively is bad