Thai logic 2020

Golden Triangle

22 minutes ago, thequietman said:

On the first point .............. the wife is right. ???? https://burtbrothers.com/blog/how-temperature-affects-tire-inflation/

Nope, total BS, how do I put this ? Her bike is in the shade, all chuffin day, the temperature here varies by no more than a couple of degrees, so how did my Fortuner not have flat tyres after a month away, come on get real <deleted>

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

with #2... 

the result might also deepened on hubby's reaction to,

for example: 

facing having to consume 'Birds Nest' the very first time.

-  It is not what is in your meal, but what is in your mind 

oh yeah... ever seen a poopoo'd boiled egg, that had cracked whilst getting up to boil?   (white, yellow, and green)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tifino said:

with #2... 

for example: 

oh yeah... ever seen a poopoo'd boiled egg, that had cracked whilst getting up to boil?   (white, yellow, and green)

ours only come from Big C ???? 

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

ours only come from Big C ???? 

so... she's washing poopoo from a big name store egg! 

anyways... you can expect plenty of counter/counter opinion battles from UK vs US readers

(their respective home country 'market' has opposing views on prewashing eggs, and being allowed to only sell eggs 'their' way)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tifino said:

so... she's washing poopoo from a big name store egg! 

anyways... you can expect plenty of counter/counter opinion battles from UK vs US readers

(their respective home country 'market' has opposing views on prewashing eggs, and being allowed to only sell eggs 'their' way)

Sort of what I figured really, but it could be worth a giggle in the long run, pretty sure others have some crazy replies.

8 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sort of what I figured really, but it could be worth a giggle in the long run, pretty sure others have some crazy replies.

imagine some will have some cracking good yokes? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NotEinstein said:

Actually, your wife is probably right about the tyres, at least they do deflate over time - not sure whether the amount use has any effect. I only use my bike to cycle to the village barber every few months and usually have to pump up a tyre. There is no comparison to thick car tyres, which rely on a seal, rather than the permeability of an thin inner tube in 30C heat most of the time.

Actually I agree with that last sentence … the tyres on my bicycles loose pressure and I can never find a leak so PPTR...<deleted> poor thin rubber. Of course Thai air could be different. But the same happened in the UK ...my tyres didn't stay fully inflated, had to give them a little pump quite often.

So on the first point Mrs GT has a point ……. sometimes it better to keep your mouth shut rather than prove a point …...????

I also used sprints and tubs in my cycling days and they also lost pressure …..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

Actually, your wife is probably right about the tyres, at least they do deflate over time - not sure whether the amount use has any effect. I only use my bike to cycle to the village barber every few months and usually have to pump up a tyre. There is no comparison to thick car tyres, which rely on a seal, rather than the permeability of an thin inner tube in 30C heat most of the time.

That's an Einstein of an answer. Your explanation makes sense to me.

3 hours ago, tifino said:

with #2... 

for example: 

To avoid that use a needle and pinch a hole at the blunt end before you boil it, easy.

2 hours ago, rvaviator said:

+1 for your wife ????

A tubed bicycle wheel will loose air over time ...  I do a lot of road cycling so I have first hand experience of that. Does it matter if the bicycle is used or not ? .. Not really .. Air will leak out ...  I run my C25 tyres at 100PSI ... in about a week .. it will have dropped to about 60 or 70 .. irrespective of  cycling or leaving the bike in the shade ...  You can also get tubeles tyres, but I do not use them so I have no first hand experience with them.  Car tyres is a different ballgame all together.

"Not nuff wind in tires" so said my previous lady friend one time as she explained why she could not drive fast.

Too cute !

• Haha 1

I'm not sure if these eggs had been washed or not. We were having too many laughs about going to the shop in the countryside one morning and buying these eggs in a bag as the farang is accustomed to washed eggs in a carton. She always took good care of this farang and knew that I would want eggs for breakfast. What a girl!

Yes, I know, no helmets. That was on my first trip. But I know better now.

IMG_4913.JPG

• Like 1

For the OP i understand i had exactly the same some years ago.

The tyres it makes sense, if you use often your bike, you put some air in the

tyre on a regular basis, and  if you don't use it during longtime, you don't put

air anymore inside, so not always but it happens the tyres are flat.

The eggs, myself i now clean the eggs before to put them in the fridge.

In country they sell them straight from the ass of the hem with a little clean

and in the supermarkets well in the boxes it's not clean everytime, so better

to take off the <deleted> before to eat them or to put the eggs in the fridge.

That was my experience for this 2 things.

Another one, if you have a cold, you need to stop to clean yours hairs

There is often no hot water in the countryside so does make sense

if the rain comes, don't stay under the rain or you could be killed by lightning 

or at least you could catch the flu. It's why you see all the thais running with panic

at the first drops.

Indeed some cases of lightning electrocution in the fields, usualy because people

are under the only tree, but they are rare. 

Have a microwave and a vacumcleaner in the house, but don't use them.

If you use them, the electric bill is going to explode at a critic point.

Raise the wipers on the car when you don't use the car, even for few hours.

If you don't do it, the rubber will stick to the windshield

The list is endless but unfortunately i can not remember all

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

yes, there is nothing like Thai logic and beliefs and there is nothing to argue about it.. because "Thailand is different"...

- never say "bye bye" when you leave the house, you might not come back...

- never use the phone inside the house when there is lightening, you will get struck...

4 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

I asked my Mrs  to take the pick of two shovels , that really baffled her.

Could have been worse...

- put her in a barrel, and tell her to go stand in a  corner.  

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Need those giggles.

So turns out the wife was likely (cough) right on the first point. On the second, after OP has placed order for his wife to prepare for him his evening meal with pickled beet root, she washes a couple of eggs, partly out of habit, without realizing OP doesn’t mind eggs boiled in chicken poo water. Ah HA! Again! No action is too trivial not to seize upon for the assertion of superior intelligence.

Now we’re invited to jump in to show how superior we all are, too. Hee hee. Could be a long thread.

So now the OP now looks stupid, but for more reason than will appear to most posters here.

Don't be <deleted> stupid was my reply. Yet OP really believes this not a criticism or even that it could be taken as a criticism. Thinks it cute his wife went into an immediate mega huff. ????  Clueless.

But that’s because poor Thais, esp. when they’re being paid off, will allow that kind of mental abuse to stand—at least for a time. No doubt it’s been tried previously on Western women. Didn’t work very well, did it? Hence, abuse Thais.

Ironically we have posters constantly calling for Thais to be more assertive. If they were, then they might well find themselves alone.

Reminds me of a case of a German in my building. Paid off a younger Thai girl to marry him. Good girl, not a bar girl. In his own way he loved her, absolutely. But he always treated her like a servant. I think there wasn’t one day of their “happy” period that he didn’t enjoy calling her stupid. In front of guests, too. I can hear him saying, "Are you SO STUPID as to . . . ." Loudly emphasized the STUPID, rather like OP does with his <deleted>.

It was all totally unconscious. He had no idea how abusive he was. No wonder he’d been unable to keep any relationship long enough ever to marry in Germany.

There’s worse. He’d get drunk every few weeks and continue the abuse for hours ranting over some “mistake” his wife had made. Sometimes I’d come in late at night to see her sitting outside their door alone, crying. It was a sad sight, let me tell you. I won't forget it.

Oh, later he’d apologize, of course. She’d forgive and cycle would begin again.

After 10 years or so she happened upon another farang who not only treated her much better but also had more money than the German and she got pregnant by him while still married. German was utterly devastated. Thought it was ALL about the money. Bitterly blamed Thainess. No, she was a good woman. She’d never have left him if he’d just been in the least sensitive to her feelings. She was so lucky to have got away from him finally.

You are clearly off topic

and thie OP post is to take with a pinch of salt

you should try to be more relax.

Indeed your example with the german is very sad, and he

has no excuse, but it's prove absolutely nothing. A lot of Thai men

are much more abusive with Thai woman than the few westerners can be

and? An idiot is an idiot, whatever the country he is coming from.

• Like 2

Here is some sound logic.

someone is burning leafs fallen from the trees causing lots of smoke and inconvenience to neighbors who complain about the smoke,answer to the problem ?

cut down the trees then there will not be any leaves to burn...genius !!! :wacko:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2