Thai logic 2020

Golden Triangle

16 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

she'll go out and spend 1,000 baht on something she does not want, like or need, to get a 100 baht coupon

My wife always goes for the "free"  knick nack  mostly  plastic Tupperware ( copy)  boxes..

she also likes a good "BOGOF"    or as the say in Thailand  "buy one get one" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoutman360 said:

Did people read the wife's reply? It had nothing to do with "how long air has been sitting in the tyres", she blamed the low tires on not using the bike enough. I am surprised at how many smart farangs missed that. 

It's more a case of not just taking the narrow view of what was reported and instead reading between the lines. Not used enough infers an extended period of time. From the stance of the op, it doesn't look as though thorough, fact-based logic with clear evidence and scientific underpinnings are part of their conversation make-up, just like the rest of us, so anybody reading can project whatever biases they have into the matter, as can be seen above.......

On 1/21/2020 at 1:26 PM, Golden Triangle said:

she puts a pan of water on the stove and starts to rinse a couple of eggs under the cold tap, why are you rinsing them my love I enquire (not quite in those words, but you get my drift) ???? To wash of the chicken poo she says, I said I'm pretty sure that 20 minutes in boiling water will see to that, guess that fell on deaf ears.

2 questions:

A. Why you boil eggs for 20 minutes?
B. Do you eat ur eggs with shells? Otherwise for what reasons you all clean the Egg shells ?

Edited by Destiny1990

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

That remark was spiteful and totally uncalled for in my opinion, I never said that and my OP is peppered with smiley's hopefully indicating to the reader that most of it was tongue in cheek.

C***

Pepppered = 2.

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2020 at 8:40 PM, NotEinstein said:

Actually, your wife is probably right about the tyres, at least they do deflate over time - not sure whether the amount use has any effect. I only use my bike to cycle to the village barber every few months and usually have to pump up a tyre. There is no comparison to thick car tyres, which rely on a seal, rather than the permeability of an thin inner tube in 30C heat most of the time.

I think the tires should be inflated with "smokey" air then the PM2.5 and PM 10 particles will plug the permiability of the thin inner tube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SteveK said:

Up here in rural Isaan, even educated people still believe in ghosts and black magic - my wife won't let me fish in the jungle alone because she things I will be kidnapped by a ghost. Also she forced me to turn off my laptop, PC and mobile phone if it's raining, even though I use surge protectors (bought after finding out house is not properly earthed).

Came outside the other evening to find my wife and her elderly parents huddled over a large leaf on a tree in the garden. Apparently the tree is very hard to make produce fruit, and ours had, so they were putting talcum powder onto one of it's leaves and shaking it gently to try and see numbers in the powder to play on the lottery, because this was obviously a lucky tree. I had a good old laugh at that, but not where they could see me.

Here in Thailand we are located in the Centaurus constellation. Do not believe for one iota that you are still on earth, and that this is a foreign nation. We are well beyond our solar system. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2020 at 3:10 AM, Golden Triangle said:

Okay, enough about me and my Mrs, what about you lot ? Got any funny stories ???? I'm off to bed ????

Did I tell you about the lady selling hammocks on her motorcycle in Wongchumpu?

It does seem that bicycle tires do go flat quite easily whether used or not... unlike car tires... not a fair comparison at all... and if you actually did call your wife "stupid" - - I am sure she did not appreciate it... most farang are not even smart enough to be able to read a newspaper or listen to the news on TV,.. 

On 1/23/2020 at 12:56 AM, spidermike007 said:

She was right about the bike tires. They do lose air. 

because they are poor quality air chambers;
mine are Schwalbe; I only give them a little air once a month and I drive an average of 1,000 km per month on a very large percentage of concrete and red earth roads;
in fact I weigh 96 kg, that is to say twice as much as a normal Thai woman (in any case mine)

On the other hand, the bu.ll<deleted> told above is also the sad reality of my countryside;
The first time I told my wife that I crossed the nearby forest of heveas by bicycle, she almost jumped to the ceiling;
Oh la la, you realize, there are Phii and stray dogs and guys shot at the yaba ..
In fact she never went there, even with her brother who has a patch of heveas there.
There are indeed dogs but they are not stray, they belong to farmers who sometimes stay on site and do not shoot at yaba and so far, in 14 years I have never met Phii ...:w00t:

• Like 1

“Don’t be (deleted) stupid” was your reply.

1) She correct about the tire.

2) You want to eat food with animal fecal?

3) She was using English language? In Thailand? Are you illiterate in Thailand?

She can speak YOUR language.

But you want to star a thread about Thais be (deleted) stupid? Thai logic.

Please try not be (deleted) stupid.

Edited by Yinn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

OP i think you are the one lacking logic; if the bike was used more often the fact the tyres were deflating would have been spotted and pumped up.

nothing wrong with washing fresh food before cooking/consuming, in fact it's a good habit to have.

by the derogatory way you seem to view your wife and, judging by your heading, the thai people generally you're really not suited to living in thailand.

I have to say that the examples  given by the OP are not convincing.

Bicycle tyres here do go flat quite quickly sometimes. There is no lack of logic in saying they go flat because of lack of use. The logic remains  because if the bicycle was often used then is more than likely the tyre pressures would be maintained. The lack of complete explanatory detail does not remove the intent of meaning or logic.

Boiling an egg with  chicken poo on it would not be my choice either. Despite the fact that  boiling it would probably eliminate any health concerns  often eggs  crack open when boiled. I would prefer not to have to pick lumps out or eat it in the  knowledge it had  additional sauce.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 2:52 PM, RichardColeman said:

My wife is incredibly logical (?) and I'm sure many with Thai wives will agree - she'll go out and spend 1,000 baht on something she does not want, like or need, to get a 100 baht coupon for something she does want

Not exclusive to Thai. It is a  global strategy Supermarkets use everywhere.

16 hours ago, SteveK said:

Came outside the other evening to find my wife and her elderly parents huddled over a large leaf on a tree in the garden. Apparently the tree is very hard to make produce fruit, and ours had, so they were putting talcum powder onto one of it's leaves and shaking it gently to try and see numbers in the powder to play on the lottery, because this was obviously a lucky tree. I had a good old laugh at that, but not where they could see me.

That’s funny about the tree ????

Just wondered if you did actually notice any numbers on the leaf by chance...... asking for a friend .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kenk24 said:

It does seem that bicycle tires do go flat quite easily whether used or not... unlike car tires... not a fair comparison at all... and if you actually did call your wife "stupid" - - I am sure she did not appreciate it... most farang are not even smart enough to be able to read a newspaper or listen to the news on TV,.. 

Knowing a foreign language is nothing to do with smart or not. There's a big difference between knowledge and intelligence.

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

Knowing a foreign language is nothing to do with smart or not. There's a big difference between knowledge and intelligence.

It was just an example of the hypocrisy of calling Thai stupid, often because they either do not do things in Western ways or do not speak English well... everyone has different subjects where they shine and do not... I am just really tired of farang here on TVF calling Thai stupid... and they likely do not realize how <deleted> off their wives get when called stupid... by such as mentioned above.

• Haha 1