Jump to content
BANGKOK
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Man Fakes Own Kidnapping to Get Out of Attending His Wedding

Recommended Posts

When it comes to backing out of a wedding, faking your own kidnapping sounds like overkill, but that didn’t stop a Colombian man from using this technique to avoid attending his own wedding.

 

The unnamed 55-year-old man, from the Colombian town of Pitalito was scheduled to marry his fiancee, a local woman, in front of family and friends last weekend. As the big day grew closer, the man started getting cold feet and confessed to some of his closest buddies that he planned to break the engagement and pull out of the wedding. Only he didn’t know how to go about it, so his good friends came up with the idea of faking a kidnapping. What they didn’t plan for was for authorities to launch a full scale operation involving the police and the army.

 

After instructing the 55-year-old groom-to-be to lay low for a few days, his merry friends called emergency services and made up a story about how they had witnessed his abduction by a group of armed men riding motorcycles. As Colombia has a history of such kidnappings for extortion purposes, local authorities took the situation very seriously, mobilizing both the entire police force in the district, as well as the Colombian army.

 

Pitalito Police Commander, Néstor Vargas ordered the access roads to and out of  the municipality closed down to prevent from the kidnappers from escaping, and deployed operations in the streets of the town to hopefully locate the victim. No one really imagined that the people who reported the crime could be lying, which made their confession that much more shocking.

 

After seeing the manpower and resources that had been mobilized for their lie, the “victim’s” friends came forward and told police that they had deceived them in order to help their friend get out of his wedding.

 

“They made up the story about the kidnapping, because a friend of theirs had decided to go back on their word of marriage. That is to say, he had a change of heart, and hid himself so as to avoid going to Church and attending his scheduled wedding,” Police Commander Vargas told reporters.

 

Full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's indeed a great idea. Oh wait, I'm already married. Damn. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

 

After instructing the 55-year-old groom-to-be to lay low for a few days, his merry friends called emergency services and made up a story about how they had witnessed his abduction by a group of armed men riding motorcycles. As Colombia has a history of such kidnappings for extortion purposes, local authorities took the situation very seriously, mobilizing both the entire police force in the district, as well as the Colombian army.

 

Pitalito Police Commander, Néstor Vargas ordered the access roads to and out of  the municipality closed down to prevent from the kidnappers from escaping, and deployed operations in the streets of the town to hopefully locate the victim.

Oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

After seeing the manpower and resources that had been mobilized for their lie, the “victim’s” friends came forward and told police that they had deceived them in order to help their friend get out of his wedding.

 

That was stupid.  I'd have just rolled him around in a little mud and let him walk out of the jungle somewhere after a "miracle escape".

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, impulse said:

 

That was stupid.  I'd have just rolled him around in a little mud and let him walk out of the jungle somewhere after a "miracle escape".

 

It was stupid since the beginning, they must have been totally drunk when planning the thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn! I wish I had hatched a plan like this first time around. But a better plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...