BANGKOK
Thaivisa Web Content Team

China’s ‘Mystery Virus’ Now Found in Thailand, Japan

The “mystery virus” that has so far infected at least 200 people in mainland China since the end of December has been detected in neighboring countries.

The pathogen, which presents symptoms similar to pneumonia, was identified on Jan. 8 as a new strain of coronavirus — the same family responsible for the deadly severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2003.

On Monday, South Korea reported its first case of infection: a Chinese woman who had been to Wuhan — where the Huanan seafood market, the alleged origin of the virus, is located — before traveling to the country.

The 35-year-old, who arrived at Incheon International Airport, tested positive for the virus and suffered from fevers, respiratory problems, and other symptoms, according to Yonhap News.

She reportedly received a prescription for colds before proceeding to travel for a vacation in South Korea and Japan with five others, who have not reported symptoms but are still under observation.

“The patient is a 35-year-old Chinese woman who resides in Wuhan. She began experiencing fever, chills and muscle pains on Saturday and was prescribed medication for the common cold at a hospital in Wuhan,” said Dr. Jeong Eun-kyeong, director-general of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, according to KBS World Radio.

“Our investigators are currently conducting an in-depth epidemiological survey. The patient is in stable condition and is not suffering from pneumonia. Local communities have not been exposed to the virus since the patient tested positive while in quarantine.”

Last week, three other cases outside of China were reported: two in Thailand and one in Japan.

Full article

New Year and the Chinese are about to travel. Will someone shut the door before its too late? Immigration are reluctant to give us 'aliens' visas, but they let a virus in. Hey, how about a special fast lane at the airport for virus?

How do you know they're going to let it in?

They have precautions in place.

You can't compare visa cheats to a virus.

Just one more example that the Chinese are a force to be reckoned with.

The first true independant (not   china) Clinical Features Analysis and report from those who have actually died or been hospitalised from it, from the very prestigious Lancet Journal of Medicine shows some very interesting Info that is NOT being observed or reported.

Firstly forget the Meme it is the very sick and old who are mainly dying. Not statistically correct. The Median Age is late 40's

Secondly it is very it seems partial to infecting placing in ICU a LOT more Men than women in all of its parameters, ie if comorbitity is present, age factors etc.

AT TIME OF DATA ANALYSIS:

All patients
Male = 30 (73%)
Female = 11 (27%)

ICU Care
Male = 11 (85%)
Female = 2 (15%)

NON ICU Care
Male = 19 (68%)
Female = 9 (32%)

Any Cormorbidity (ie others underlying health conditions)

Male & Female = 13 (32%)

Of interesest is the following on how the disease progresses

"The median duration from illness onset to dyspnoea was 8·0 days (IQR 5·0–13·0). The median time from onset of symptoms to first hospital admission was 7·0 days (4·0–8·0), to shortness of breath was 8·0 days (5·0–13·0), to ARDS was 9·0 days (8·0–14·0), to mechanical ventilation was 10·5 days (7·0–14·0), and to ICU admission was 10·5 days"

[link to www.thelancet.com (secure)]

So 11 days or so, after bad symptoms those who are very sick with it, are in ICU on a ventilator or they will die.

Enough ICU? respirators in quaranteened wards plus regular trauma and ICU after accidents and operations in your local area in the developed world, to take you in with Pnuemonia?

fluent speaker, will do  my best to translate. If all of the pictures and videos circulating on social media are true, (have contacts in mainland that saw even small third tier city  had suspected case, emergency personnel in hazmat suit putting patient in ambulance )this is a massive cover  up and a humanitarian crisis on an extreme scale... the world needs to know what’s really going on to help the affected innocent citizens.

Translation:

Current  status of our medical staff: afraid of changing protective clothings, from noon to 9PM, everyone is scared of eating, drinking, or use the bathroom in fear of taking off protective gears, everyone is wearing their last set of protective gear, resources are very scarce and almost depleted! Medical personnel are protecting Wuhan! Whom will protect the medical personnel!

Translation:

We are on the verge of collapsing, outpatient department filled with patients, some kneeled down on the floor and begging us to save them, but right now there is no special medication to treat this virus, individual can only survive with fighting with his/her own immune system, our protective gears have been completed depleted, protective cloth, face mask, hat, glove, full face mask, goggle have all been depleted.

Translation:

Hospital has no high up in charge, not enough medical supplies, haven’t eaten all day, many people died and no one is collecting/removing corpses, no internet nor call signal, any doctors tried to quit will have medical license revoked, what kind of <deleted> human would do this!(implying doctor would lose license as punishment I think?) Right now, my wife, sister, and coworkers are all at the verge of collapsing/giving up/don’t know what to do, only doctors allowed going home for Chinese New Year are emergency room doctors, Fifth municipal hospital of Wuhan! Understand that everyone is celebrating Chinese New Year, don’t want to bother you all, but, this situation matters to every one, we don’t need people’s encouragement/condolences, we need the whole country to know what’s really going on in Wuhan!

Translation:

To all fighting colleagues, the current social order in Wuhan is on the verge of collapsing, some infected patients have started attacking hospital staffs in desperation, if anyone has any way to informed/contact higher up, my suggestion is to send in military to maintain hospital and social orders.

Please help

I will take responsibility for the information I am sharing.

Translation:

I am begging everyone to please help citizens of Wuhan! I am a nurse, my husband has been infected, what has been reported by news is completely different from what’s really happening!!! My husband has had fever for 8 days without improvement, CT scan is showing noticeable infection of lungs! In the past 8 days, I’ve tried every possible connections I have across all Wuhan hospitals’ colleagues, but no one will admit my husband! Higher up informed all doctors to deny acceptance of patient into hospital! Denied testing for the virus! Denied confirmation of patients whom have been infected! And asked all medical staffs to sign Non-disclosure Agreement! I have suffered massive emotional drain in the past 8 days. Hospital won’t admit husband and too afraid to go home, going from hospital to hospital in hope anyone would admit my husband! No one would admit that he’s infected with the virus! I am almost on the verge of giving up myself, fear that I won’t be able to handle it any longer! Going from hospital to hospital, no open bed, medical staffs overworked and still not enough, finally was able to get into emergency department, but there is no bed/available staff or beds! Still more patients are being transported in, sick or not sick all congregated at the same place, everyone will be infected, if this continue, everyone will die!!!!

Translation:

Wuhan cronoavirus# my aunt’s was placed on a bed in Hankou hospital since yesterday noon, hospital is not letting anyone into the hospital morgue, relatives have to contact funeral services and disinfect themselves.
After passing last night at 1030PM, we’ve contacted funeral services, it is 1PM today and they still have not came to transport her body, because there is only one available that’s going around the whole city collecting the deceased!! Because this is the only one that has the capacity to disinfect !! Yesterday alone transported 50 corpses !! Going from hospital to hospital to collect bodies!! My heart is so broken, infected collapses and died and there is no one removing them, hospital refusing to let anyone into the morgue, when can we give them a proper burial. I am really scared myself too, dead bodies just left on beds, temperature inside the hospital is high, more people will be infected, this situation is definitely not just my aunt’s family, hospital is the biggest infected place!!!!!! Us little citizens are the most pitiful, no body will take us in, and have no idea what to do!!!!!

Reply to op from someone below: Just received news that my aunt jumped off a building and killed herself, just happened now. She contracted the coronavirus, but no hospital would admit her because there’s no bed, just prescribed her some medications and come back to check later, but she’s having serve breathing problem..........

Will translate videos when I get home later.

I am not trying to spread misinformation, I merely translated these, so make your own judgement...given I have people I care about residing in China, I have to look at this as the worst case scenario and prepared them the best I can whether these information circulating social media are true or hysteria or fake. If anyone want proof, I can upload face masks receipt purchased last few days (~200) as well as postal office receipt showing they are enroute to China.

Just my two cents and hope more people can see the truth for themselves and help the poor souls infected and unaware of the situation in China.

Sorry about the long post.

God speed to everyone dealing with this unfortunate event....
Twitter is actively deleting posts now. You can see it in real time.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Here is the most recent info i COULD FIND FROM GOOD SOURCES.

Edited by samuttodd

The thing that really stands out is that this affects men much more than women, and of them, not the elderly or newborn, but healthy men.

The new Coronavirus is approx 0.12 microns in size!

Any of the current filter masks N series (95,99,100) have the ability to block particles that are 0.3
microns and greater. The new Coronavirus is smaller then the minimum size these masks can
protect you from.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, samuttodd said:

The thing that really stands out is that this affects men much more than women, and of them, not the elderly or newborn, but healthy men.

Scary stuff. I'm going to stock up my condo with water and food just in case. 

The Guardian is turning to 'scared' - the unprecedented response in China must surely mean that this is pretty damn serious to put it mildly.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/jan/26/coronavirus-from-food-market-to-global-panic-response-mistakes

“I’ve never felt scared. This time I’m scared,” Yi, who heads the University of Hong Kong’s state key laboratory of emerging infectious diseases, told China’s influential Caixin magazine.

He visited Wuhan expecting to find the city on a “war footing” but instead was met with chaos and incompetence.

“I don’t think the local government has done what it should do,” he said. “They haven’t even been handing out quarantine guides to people who were leaving.”

But for those looking to calm the temperature down

What we can say for sure is that Wuhan will be a lot worse in China, simply because health care there is vastly inferior. It appears that, like flu, Wuhan usually kills through ­often treatable secondary infections. Well, treatable in the West. You’d be surprised at how many potentially deadly diseases ­(malaria, TB) Americans get that wreak havoc in much of the world but kill essentially none of us.

It also appears those most likely to die of Wuhan virus fit the same profile as flu fatalities: people over 65, those with compromised immune systems and those with serious pre-existing conditions. Two of the 17 Wuhan dead were 89-year-olds with pre-existing conditions; the youngest was 48 and suffering from diabetes and a stroke.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/23/dont-buy-the-media-hype-over-the-new-china-virus/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by URMySunshine

I'm not expert but has anyone looked into this and reported; it seems to me all the dead are from Wuhan who maybe were infected directly by wild animals, then the virus mutated to transfer from person to person,  but that may have weakened it to a normal flu.

There have been thousands of Chinese coming here last few weeks, many from Wuhan too. I think many people Thais and fireigns are already infected. Many have flu and I know personally of two who went to hospital and doctor just said it's okay, normal flu, go home and rest with some meds, no test a done...!

In the next month many Thais and others around the world will be diagnosed to have this coronavirus,  but we have to see how deadly it is for these people,  because the don't get it directly from animals but via multiple people to people transfers...!

Unattributed and off topic post removed

So about a month ago I started a really horrible cough with phlegm, a rotten respiratory infection of some sort.

I guess I picked it up during visits to a friend in hospital with cancer.

I was worried that I may reinfect my friend so....

I took 4 grams of Sodium Ascorbate every 30 minutes, to a total of 80 grams before I got diarrhea.

Sodium Ascorbate is Ascorbic Acid buffered to give a neutral pH of 7.

(I wanted the diarrhea as a method of detox, some call it The Vitamin C Flush)

Next day I was symptom free and still am.

I took much less SA but upon reaching 10 grams I got diarrhea again

This shows that I was really sick and needed huge amounts of vitamin C but, once my health was restored, I need less but still significantly more than the RDA.

I'm not saying that this is a cure all but I really wonder why the health industry does not try vitamin C in appropriate doses.

I read that Bangkok doctors are using a cocktail of HIV and other drugs in large doses and getting some success against the Chinese Cronavirus, so why not try vitamin C?

If given intravenously it is even more effective.

I buy vitamin C online, by the kilo and have been using it in huge quantities for several years.

I'm 78 and quite fit and I am convinced that vitamin C is a large part of why I feel so healthy.

I even cleared kidney stones with C a few years ago....

There are even myths that C will give kidney stones, or only produce expensive urine etc.

The truth is that all mammals Except Apes, Humans and guinea pigs  have the necessary enzymes to make vitamin C in their own bodies.

We are missing a single enzyme so can;t make C.

The amount of C / Kg that animals make is huge compared to our RDA.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has tried C in large doses and if so, was it effective?

There is a very interesting article here:-

http://www.doctoryourself.com/sars.htm

Edited by laislica
spelling

Linus Pauling believed it could cure cancer if in large enough quantities.    I can only do about 1/2 a gram of ascorbic acid a day,  otherwise,  my gut turns to liquid.  

I think if you are going to megadose it,  be sure to have enough fluid and electrolytes.    It'll for sure flush your lower gi.     And most of all,   HANG ON!