How Much Bandwidth do you use per month?

SoSoCNX

56 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Bandwidth?

That's sooooo yesterday! 

Surely we all use data nowadays.

Oh, and I use between 100 and 200 GB per month, to answer your question.

Curious what you are using to measure it - as there is quite a large variance in those numbers?

11 hours ago, SoSoCNX said:

Do not count free wifi 

If you refer to mobile/cellular data(?) you should state explicitly.

Mobile: less than 1 GB/month.

Fiber/fixed: I don't care much about it. But no less than 200 GB/month.

Could be significantly more.

In general:

The question only makes sense for mobile devices.

And bandwidth is a stupid, but by now accepted term for amount of data per month used over the phone's internet connection.

Personally I don't know how much I use, but I know it's little. Because DTAC sends me every month a message that 16GB from last month was just rolled over to the current month.

I use WLAN only at home and in very few places where I know I can trust it (mostly because I set it up).

I don't use WLAN in restaurants, bars, etc. because the risk is too high that someone listens.

15 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I just use wifi at work home and free pubs. Airport. I've no need to be constantly connected to the Interwebs.

Rare occasions I buy dtac b10 for 6am to 6pm forv24hrs or b20 500mb 24hrs.

9.63 baht for 100 MB 24hrs. 2.14 baht for the 400 MB add-on.

4 hours ago, topt said:

Curious what you are using to measure it - as there is quite a large variance in those numbers?

You log in to your mobile operators app. I just open my dtac app and click on usage. I guess every operator has same option. 

1 hour ago, Momofarang said:

So?

So, to minimize the risk that the restaurant or bar owner or his technician listens it's a good idea not to use that "free" WLAN - at least not for anything sensitive.

I don't think the risk is high but there is a risk. And the easiest way to avoid any risk is not using those unknown free WLANs.

8 hours ago, Kan Win said:

18.0 GB +add ons' free from True promos' to the maximum as per our package since we pay for it, we use all of it. 

Win ????

So, you pay for what you use, and after that you call it a win?????

I would say that it would be very stupid to pay for something that you don´t use.

56 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You log in to your mobile operators app. I just open my dtac app and click on usage. I guess every operator has same option. 

Yes but I doubt the usage I quoted is on mobile only?

13 minutes ago, topt said:

Yes but I doubt the usage I quoted is on mobile only?

The usage using WiFi is easy to see. If you have an Android phone: Go to Settings - Network and Internet - Data usage. Under WiFi at the bottom you'll see Data usage via WiFi. Add the WiFi usage to the mobile data usage and Voila. If you don't download stuff all the time,the usage wont be much. But downloading loads of movies or music etc using mobile data, the usage will go sky high. Then you need a subscription with unlimited data.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

So, you pay for what you use, and after that you call it a win?????

I would say that it would be very stupid to pay for something that you don´t use.

The less obtuse and argumentative of us around here have picked up that Win is his name and that the end of the post is a signature at the foot of each and everything he writes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

The less obtuse and argumentative of us around here have picked up that Win is his name and that the end of the post is a signature at the foot of each and everything he writes.

Yeah, I guess that´s much better than lose.