Best method to transfer baht to UK bank account?

Mantana

Dear ThaiVisa users

This is a request for information/advice. I wish to transfer the proceeds from my house sale in Thailand  from my Bangkok Bank account to my UK bank account. I have internet Bualuang i-banking with My Bangkok Bank account which permits transfer but it has a daily cap and charges for each transfer. I am now living in the UK so cannot go to my Bangkok Bank branch in person. Any suggestions for which transfer method to get the best exchange rate and smallest transfer charges from anyone in a similar situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

google for transferwise.

Its gonna cost you something, no matter what they promise-either quoted or hidden in the rates.

AND you must also comply for getting bigger sums out of this kingdom to that effectively reigned by a certain BoJo and also with their rules for letting bigger sums in. That is assuming its not a tiny reed matted hut built all by yourself from scraps, but a normal priced condo or house-way above the usual 10.000US$ limit. You can partly circumvent that with transferring a few times 9999, but after a certain nr of times also alarm bells will start to ring. Its BKK-bank but as such has nothing to do with BKK-city in particular. Check for other subfora if they have more substance about it, you wont be the very 1st one.

• Confused 2

When I left Thailand, I had to go to the Bangkok Bank Main Office on Silom Road and transfer my money home. And like others have said I had to prove where the money came from. I had kept records of my large transfers to Thailand from the USA. There might be others ways but this was the way I did it and the charges were not high doing it this way. I could not do it from my Bangkok Bank branch office, I had to go to the Silom Head office. I think any other ways you can find to do it will be too expensive or you might be able to use the power of attorney somehow, if there is someone you can trust with that kind of money.

On 1/25/2020 at 12:48 PM, possum1931 said:

But what if you don't live in London?

Don't get your question. In the EU most people use internet banking ... and I guess, besides BREXIT, most UKers do, too.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:52 AM, Enki said:

Open a Bangkok Bank account in London. Transfers should be free then. Note: *should*

It is not possible to open an account in Bangkok Bank, London branch as it is not a retail bank.

On 1/26/2020 at 5:38 AM, scubascuba3 said:

No one talking about Deemoney these days?

Deemoney worked for me earlier this month...and fast. I don't remember what the daily cap is, or even if there is one, but I think the fee is 150 baht plus the v.a.t.