U.S. Senate rejects Democratic bid for documents in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

10 minutes ago, mogandave said:

In any event, I don’t what’s wrong with wanting to testify but deciding not to testify. 

Nothing wrong if it’s Trump. Just his usual lying, stonewalling, unethical and immoral behavior. Some like those traits though. 

11 minutes ago, mogandave said:

What is it you are trying to say? 

I ask that of you. What is it you were trying to say in this sentence? "In any event, I don’t what’s wrong with wanting to testify but deciding not to testify." 

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems clear enough to me.

The sentence makes no sense at all. I know that Trump supporters get pretty excited. I think maybe a word is missing in all the excitement. Not sure. Sentence is too incoherent.

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Are you not already convinced he’s guilty? 

Did the witnesses and evidence presented by the House not prove overwhelming that he was guilty? 

If not, why was he impeached? 

If so, additional witnesses should not be needed. 

You could not possibly be more incorrect, from a legal point of view. Most of my attorney friends, even the conservative ones, insist that witnesses are necessary, in order to consider this a legitimate proceeding, and not a sham trial.

Yes, I believe the congress demonstrated his guilt, but even more so, Trump demonstrated his guilt through his actions, and his obstruction. He is a career criminal.

The Constitution is clear: The Senate has “the sole Power to try”—not review—all Impeachments.” Unlike an appeals court, the Senate’s powers are not limited to review and remand; instead, it alone has the power to determine whether an impeached president should be punished by removal from office and disqualification from “any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.” These are powers reserved for trial, not appellate, courts.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/senate-impeachment-trial-call-witnesses-or-concede-facts

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Regardless of what people may think of Trump, anyone with half a brain can see that you're spot on. The Democrats were desperate to find something, anything. The Russian hysteria, the demand for tax returns, whistleblower and people changing statements, with perhaps some encouragement, etc etc.

They most certainly have investigated the man, determined to find crimes or bend facts to fit crimes. And all along, they've screamed that the POTUS must prove himself innocent of their accusations.

That ought to be more worrying to the American people than anything else. The American left liberals are showing that now, like other left liberal political groups around the world, they will do anything to get and keep power. 

Staying through to form defending those who who show scant regards for the rule of law from junta in Thailand to Trumpism. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

Most everyone speaks with both sides of their mouth.

Did you mean to say he speaks out of both sides of his mouth?

In any event, I don’t what’s wrong with wanting to testify but deciding not to testify. 

Somehow you missed the point. Not my job to help out with COMMON sense.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Can you quantify this "vast" majority and how much is in a vast. 

If you are including a poll, include the precise wording of the poll question and the details of the people asked and where the people who were asked were from. 

Thank you

Yesteday poll results. See if you can locate Google!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

So because “most” of your attorney friends say something that proves it? What do your attorney friend that not agree say? 

Most of my attorney friends agree that the way the House handled the hearings made it a sham. 

I never said witnesses weren’t needed, I said additional witnesses should not be needed If the House had done their job.

Why did the House not take the time to get the documents and witnesses they wanted? 

Do you not understand the legnth of going thru the court system. trump has a lifetime history of dragging out in the court of law then folding.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mogandave said:

And how were they previously arguing the court should interfere with a political matter? 

Because his legal team at impeachment is arguing against witnesses because congress didnt go thru the courts.

The doj is arguing the opposite in the court.

Diammetrically opposing arguments. So which one is it?

Did u even read the link?

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Chiphigh said:

Can you please provide factual reference to the claim that you have made? If not, this would be a good time to return to reality. 

feel free to do your home work and (for a start) add to that the Muller report that didn't exonerate him....

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Because his legal team at impeachment is arguing against witnesses because congress didnt go thru the courts.

The doj is arguing the opposite in the court.

Diammetrically opposing arguments. So which one is it?

Did u even read the link?

So telling the dems they have to go through the court, while they fight them in court is somehow diametrically opposing arguments? 

In what world? 

Did you read it? I think not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1