UK government suffers fourth defeat on Brexit legislation in House of Lords

webfact

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

Scottyland will forever continue to be part of the UK but not the EU because..........

Oops, almost got dragged into the sweaty sock debate there.  

Not happening. 

Almost came out with a rebuttal but realised you didnt have one more like.

Engurlund will be going it alone. Accept that. It's what you voted for.

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Of course you do. What where you saying about nationalism and racism. Hilarious. The rest of your nonsense wasn't worth responding too.

I hope the EU keep using Ireland as.a puppet. But they already are.

Don't be ashamed if you agree to a wrong decision..... It shows sincere character to admit. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Did you listen to UK's poll guru Curtice? 

Labour shall focus on the young generation which in huge majority voted for Labour. 

So next election is game over for Boris and his morons and UK will rejoin EU where it belongs to. 

Depends now on your age to see this happen... ????

Also depends on whether or not you believe the EU will even survive in its present form long enough for that young generation to take control.

If the UK is successful and disengages from the EU without serious ramifications, it may set the stage for other nations to follow and usher in the collapse of the entire block.   Remember the break up of the Soviet Union was completely unthinkable, right up until the instant it wasn't. And after that it fell apart at amazing speed.  Don't assume the EU is immune from the trials of history.

This is a fascinating experiment the UK is engaging in. I am very curious to see the ultimate result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2020 at 10:51 AM, evadgib said:

Their* current thinking is to divide ???????????????????????????? into 9 mickey mouse regions, further diluting our identity and riding rough shod over the courts & constitution as we've all seen in the recent past.

(*Traitors + EU)

Do you have any references or links to these alleged 9 comedic cartoon rodent character regions? Assuming these national sub-divisions are the work of English minds and not something imposed by a Scottish. Welsh or Irish foreigner, I am interested to see how the some of the English view some of their fellow Englanders when it comes to this bold new political geography.

Solely, in the interests of riding roughshod in this debate you understand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Did you listen to UK's poll guru Curtice

That is your first and biggest mistake just like the referendum and the elections. People listening to polls.

So next election is game over for Boris and his morons and UK will rejoin EU where it belongs to. 

Delusional and out of touch with the people, once again. That is the funniest thing I have heard.

Depends now on your age to see this happen...

I have every intention of getting my letter from His Majesty for 100 years so lots of spark left in me.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mike787 said:

how long is this brexit gonna go for???????

I think the Lords are dicking about with Boris's exit Bill just because they can they don't want to relocate to York.

Or is my suggestion that the UK's senior parliamentarians are simply the smaller coven of self-serving, craven, shallow and facile Westminster oxygen wasters just a bit too wide of the mark?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

The whole of UK will be going together. It’s what WE voted for, even if a few porridge noshers didn’t. 
Brexit is already proving to be great. Accept that. It’s what you are stuck with.
Forever. 

For those of us who are not hedge fund managers or averse to paying taxes, can you please highlight what exactly is great about Brexit thus far? 

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I think the Lords are dicking about with Boris's exit Bill just because they can they don't want to relocate to York.

Or is my suggestion that the UK's senior parliamentarians are simply the smaller coven of self-serving, craven, shallow and facile Westminster oxygen wasters just a bit too wide of the mark?

Catch up please. Done and dusted by Her Majesty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That is your first and biggest mistake just like the referendum and the elections. People listening to polls.

Delusional and out of touch with the people, once again. That is the funniest thing I have heard.

I have every intention of getting my letter from His Majesty for 100 years so lots of spark left in me.

See my comment to #76