UK government suffers fourth defeat on Brexit legislation in House of Lords

webfact

On 1/22/2020 at 3:23 AM, RuamRudy said:

But we are union of countries, not a union of peoples. Rightly, you point out that one of those countries is significantly larger in population than the other 3, but if this means that the wishes of the largest country takes precedence over the wishes of the smaller countries merely by virtue of size then it means we are not a nation of equals. 

Personally, I hope Johnson continues to show contempt for the wishes of the democratically elected devolved parliaments, maybe even attempt to neuter them - I would love that to be mooted next.

We could move the Scottish border down to Manchester ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If you think so. One of us got it right about Brexit and the election and one of us didn't. Feel superior now.

Well, It's not a feeling only.. ????

Here my comment (#76)

Depends on your age. 

And also there will be a new generation in EU. Think of "Friday for Future". Greta's friends will determin the way EU and probably the rest of the world will move. The upcoming nationalism is only a time of transition and expresses the uneasiness of (especially UK) people and fear for a dramatic change of our societies. AI and digitalisation will influence and put upside down our life. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Here my comment (#76)

Depends on your age. 

And also there will be a new generation in EU. Think of "Friday for Future". Greta's friends will determin the way EU and probably the rest of the world will move. The upcoming nationalism is only a time of transition and expresses the uneasiness of (especially UK) people and fear for a dramatic change of our societies. AI and digitalisation will influence and put upside down our life. 

You don't half have a big spade to dig your hole. Unless you are counting in another language post 76, you do not comment on. Come on, you can own up we all make mistakes, just some more than others. I won't milk it if you say you made a genuine mistake. if not well I will haunt you forever. ????

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Here my comment (#76)

Depends on your age. 

I am still waiting number 76. Or are you going to man up and admit you have made a mistake.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Both links (Guardian and the Times) very clearly say "could" not will loose £300 million a year, so basically it is a non story probably perpetuated by some-one who is a poor loser and doesn't want the UK to be successful after we leave the EU and also prove them to be wrong in the process.

Perhaps the media is relaying this to remind Johnson not to break his promise to offer assistance to the north. 

29 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I sent it already. Need new Glases? Or somebody who can read? 

I guess you been smarter than others. Here you go have a look at post 76. I guess it must be an Irish thing!

• Titanium Member
  •  
  • nauseus
  • Advanced Members
  • 7,898 posts
On 1/24/2020 at 10:29 PM, evadgib said:

A rare example of calm, fair and balanced comment out of the EU Parliament for once.

Edited yesterday at 02:40 AM by nauseus
Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Haha 2