Dog lover posts warning: Bad air is not just affecting people

webfact

Dog lover posts warning: Bad air is not just affecting people

5pm.jpg

A woman went on Facebook to say it is not just people suffering from 2.5 PM particles in the air. 

Her beloved pooch Dolly had been coughing all night so she took her pet to the vet. 

There lung X-Rays confirmed the worst - Dolly has COPD.

Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. 

Thai Rath said that clearly the haze and smog crisis in Thailand was worse than we thought.

Though "Narisa Student" said online that Dolly's condition was exacerbated by kidney and heart problems as her dog was getting on in years.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-22
  • Haha 1

I'm waiting to see the first dog with a mask, easy enough to adapt from a muzzles design I would've thought, someone's missing a potentially lucrative business opportunity there; they already wear wooly jumpers, which has always kinda puzzled me, given their natural fur coats.

Its true! Our neighbours dogs cough because they live next to a charcoal pot and as a farmer that rellies on bees for pollination everytime the idiots spray chemicals or burn fields all our bees die or just dissapear. Certain birds, fire flies, etc also all dissapear and infact fireflies are only seen on our property now and rarely. When i moved to where i am now 6years ago they were everywhere because this place wasnt farmed. The whole place has been destroyed in no time at all. Most dirt is depleted of nutrients already from excesive burning and chemical use.

• Sad 2

This is no surprise.  I also think the burning must effect the wildlife, particularly birds (which have very delicate respiratory systems).  If someone did a study I am sure they would find many birds and other animals die from the smoke and pollution from the burning.  

But, as the general human population does not seem to care that themselves are getting sick, or others are dying, wildlife and pets dying from the pollution are going to be way down on any priorities.  

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Its true! Our neighbours dogs cough because they live next to a charcoal pot and as a farmer that rellies on bees for pollination everytime the idiots spray chemicals or burn fields all our bees die or just dissapear. Certain birds, fire flies, etc also all dissapear and infact fireflies are only seen on our property now and rarely. When i moved to where i am now 6years ago they were everywhere because this place wasnt farmed. The whole place has been destroyed in no time at all. Most dirt is depleted of nutrients already from excesive burning and chemical use.

They can’t help themselves.

Maybe it is time for Thailand residents to buy canaries?

A canary in a coal mine is an advanced warning of some danger.

The metaphor originates from the times when miners used to carry caged canaries while at work;

if there was any methane or carbon monoxide in the mine, the canary would die before the levels of the gas reached those hazardous to humans.

13 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

If my neighbour kept bees, I would also be spraying chemicals daily. Never been stung by a bee, never want to. 

49 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

We just had the head of the pollution department say that his lungs are fine and people are just being dramatic. If he thinks this little of people, I dread to think how he feels about animals. 

Have a link?