Police arrest school director for Lopburi shopping mall shooting - reports

webfact

Genuinely disturbing how frequently and quickly people "admit" to crimes in Thailand.  Even more disturbing in a death penalty case (if ever there is a case where it will be dusted off, this is it).  Plenty of people have their already typed confession shoved under their nose and various pressure techniques employed to force a signature.  Any credible legal system acknowledges the dangers of admission evidence, particularly to the underprivileged.  Most, if not all, western countries require that admissions be recorded on video.

lets hope there is strong independent evidence of this chaps involvement, and that it is not another case where he is fighting for his life based on dodgy procedure.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tgw said:

if there is enough material evidence proving his guilt beyond any doubts, this is another case where I wouldn't understand the benefits of keeping him alive in a prison.

wont be a major issue me thinks,,

I don't think he will last long in there

33 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So I'll wait until he comes up with the gold or where it has been disposed of, also items of clothing used in the robbery to match him to CCTV.

If robbery wasn't the "primary motive" then why the shooting of innocent people including the young child?

Gold is in the River

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Wonder where, and from who, he got his firearms training? 

Probably his local Shooting Club, thats where I practice. 

Edited by roo860
  • Haha 1

Lets hope it is actually the man and if infarct someone that is well to do money wise 

he dose not get a walk in the park so to speak 

H needs to pay not with money but pay for his crime 

3 people dead and one was just starting to be come a person so sad a child 

RI,P all 

he needs a one way ticket to hell for what he has done 

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

It's been suggested that the 'target' was one of the girls behind the counter who he shot 3 times. I've also read that the youngster was hit by a ricochet.

Oh, that's all right then - he didn't mean to do it!

57 minutes ago, bannork said:

According to Matichon newspaper, the gun he used, a CZ SP01, belonged to his father, an ex-policeman. He then returned it after the shooting. His mother was a teacher.

The motorbike belonged to his father-in-law. Likewise, he returned it.

He claimed he was bored with life, wanted a challenge, and some colour and excitement in his life.

The police only believe parts of his statement, the paper said.

If this is true, he's banged to rights. Shell casings and probably bullets found at scene. Matching them to the gun would be incontroveraible evidence.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tgw said:

if there is enough material evidence proving his guilt beyond any doubts, this is another case where I wouldn't understand the benefits of keeping him alive in a prison.

These prison are not like some in the west. It's a fate probably worse than death!!!

22 minutes ago, THE LONG ROAD HOME said:

The Thai's are speculating about who's baby the now deceased shop girl was 3-months pregnant with... any guesses?

So far no evidence that the killer and shop girl knew each other.

Although , channel 8 news stated on his Facebook page he has  a selfie with the shop girl in the background !!

5 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Should be able to pay off a large part of his teacher's debt that they all are reported to have.

Yeah, he had lots of debt. Clearly. A BMW and speedboat sit parked in his driveway. I'm in big teacher's debt, should I sell the 10 million baht worth of merchandise parked in my driveway? or should I go rob a random gold shop for a meager 500,000 baht? Let's knock off 5 people while I'm there just for kicks. You would have to be either delusional or have room temperature IQ to believe that this guy robbed the gold shop for money. Either this is a coverup or this was a hit made to look like a robbery. The only thing that makes sense is that the girl that he shot 3x was his side girlfriend that had suddenly become pregnant. But doubtful given how happy he looks in pictures taken the day after the murders. Most likely this guy is a scapegoat.

speedboat.jpg

Edited by Rocket Hawks