Pattaya: Dangers lurk everywhere as foreigner and girlfriend come off motorcycle

webfact

Pattaya: Dangers lurk everywhere as foreigner and girlfriend come off motorcycle

8pm1.jpg
Picture: We Love Pattaya

Thai media "We Love Pattaya" said on Facebook that dangers are everywhere in Pattaya as the authorities bury cables and dig up roads. 

They reported that in Central Pattaya near Soi 10 a foreigner and his girlfriend came off a motorcycle after slipping on a large metal sheet covering a hole. 

8pm2.jpg
Picture: We Love Pattaya

They said there was no warning signage at all and such hazards were evident all over the resort.

The blamed slovenly contractors leaving their work in a mess.

Source: We Love Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-22
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Look at the street, dumbhead.

Maybe he never drove a motorbike before. Plenty of old farang here tumbling around on ther Honda Waves without having a DL.

But as always: The Thais are to blame.

Sorry mate, I can't quite see what you mean. I've increased the size of the photo but I still can't see the warning signs telling drivers to keep right and avoid the road plate with the obvious anti-skid surface. Oh, the series of warning cones angled to take traffic past the plate appear to have been nicked too.

You say 'maybe he never drove a motorbike before'. I say maybe the Thai workforce were not at fault for leaving unprotected roadworks....maybe the local shopkeepers, probably not Thai, borrowed them to prevent cars parking outside their shop. 

So, yes, maybe not the Thais at fault with anything in this story.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BRUFC said:

Sorry mate, I can't quite see what you mean. I've increased the size of the photo but I still can't see the warning signs telling drivers to keep right and avoid the road plate with the obvious anti-skid surface. Oh, the series of warning cones angled to take traffic past the plate appear to have been nicked too.

You say 'maybe he never drove a motorbike before'. I say maybe the Thai workforce were not at fault for leaving unprotected roadworks....maybe the local shopkeepers, probably not Thai, borrowed them to prevent cars parking outside their shop. 

So, yes, maybe not the Thais at fault with anything in this story.

Lately there have been many of these metal sheets on the roads, especially Klang and 3rd road. Most thais avoid the sheets so it doesn't take much to copy them. Falang 75% to blame

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

BRUFC, if you're in Pattaya you surely know that most of the streets are "under construction". With western safety standards there should be a sign every 20 meters or so.

But this is Thailand and we have to know that when driving especially on motorbikes.

Have a look at the foto. This metal shield is huge. If you watch the street in front of you you can't overlook it. And each driver with a minimum experience knows such things are crazy dangerous even if the street is not wet.

We all know about Thais, their driving skills and their recklesness. But we should not cut out farang drivers jumping out of the airplanes and drive as if they never drove before. I watch them on a daily basis and often wonder how they can survive the day.

Dear farang

This is Thailand, don't expect the standards used in your country to be applied here. Every meter of road in Thailand is fraught with unexpected danger. Engage and use that uncovered unprotected mass of flesh sitting on your shoulders before you venture out onto the roads here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wcoast said:

Dear farang

This is Thailand, don't expect the standards used in your country to be applied here. Every meter of road in Thailand is fraught with unexpected danger. Engage and use that uncovered unprotected mass of flesh sitting on your shoulders before you venture out onto the roads here.

Exactly!!!