Chiang Rai Retirement Extensions Summary - No Surprises

Congrats on the easy extension.  Chaing Rai Immigration does a good job.  ????  I've never had a problem there.

At 9:30 when you were done, how many people were waiting?  Since the office in Chiang Rai only does extensions on Monday and Wednesday I always thought it would be crowded.  I went in on a Wednesday once for a re-entry permit and the place was packed.  While the office in town is much closer, I usually go up to Mae Sai since it accepts extensions everyday.  I never had more than a 5 minute wait there.

• Like 1

There were only 8 of us when the doors opened at 8:30.  6 for extensions and 2 for 90-Days.  By 9:30 about 3 more had come in but there were only 5 of us still in the office when we left.  In the office in town I think it depends on how many foreign students are coming in to renew their stays or perhaps some months of the year are busier? 

I have always just made it a practice to get there no later than 8:00, and if there already was a big crowd I think I would just either come back the next week or go to Mae Sai.  I start doing my retirement extension as soon as possible (can start 45 days early).