BANGKOK
taotoo

Olive Grove butter/spread

Has anybody bought this recently? Did it taste okay?

I'm in Pattaya, we get it from Big C I love it, tastes great, I think they do a couple of versions, I recommend it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is best spread ac

Available in Thailand, comes in a light version. Being olive oil based is good for cholesterol. Is an Australian product, I been using for over 12 years here and when I lived in Australia.

Currently  out stock Rimping and B C Chiang Mai. 

If stocks come back will buy bulk.

😀🇦🇺

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. It's just that I've bought a couple of them lately that tasted off - not sure if they were stored incorrectly or my tastebuds are playing up.

1 hour ago, taotoo said:

Thanks everyone. It's just that I've bought a couple of them lately that tasted off - not sure if they were stored incorrectly or my tastebuds are playing up.

1 hour ago, taotoo said:

seeing as it's not a Butter, but a Seed/Bean based product;

always be prepared for it to go rancid. 

After decades of these fake stuffs, I switched to the real thing...

Ghee

Takes some getting used to, but now, it goes in all cooking, and on the sandwiches 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, taotoo said:

2 hours ago, tifino said:

seeing as it's not a Butter, but a Seed/Bean based product;

always be prepared for it to go rancid. 

After decades of these fake stuffs, I switched to the real thing...

Ghee

Takes some getting used to, but now, it goes in all cooking, and on the sandwiches 

2 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

It olive oil based and always good, yes if tasted funny somewhere along line not stored correctly.

images (2).jpeg

Thank you both. I guess I'll go back to Anchor butter, even if it is more hassle to spread.

Incidentally I found the Olive Grove recently at a Rimping after not seeing it there for months.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, taotoo said:

Thank you both. I guess I'll go back to Anchor butter, even if it is more hassle to spread.

Incidentally I found the Olive Grove recently at a Rimping after not seeing it there for months.

Which branch of Rimping.

I'll state the bleedin obvious 🙂 keep it refrigerated, I've been eating/using it for years, never had a bad one yet, and a whole lot healthier than butter, and believe me I love butter, but since I've been here I have given up sugar & butter and also stopped smoking, I have other vices though 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'll state the bleedin obvious 🙂 keep it refrigerated, I've been eating/using it for years, never had a bad one yet, and a whole lot healthier than butter, and believe me I love butter, but since I've been here I have given up sugar & butter and also stopped smoking, I have other vices though 🙂 

I had an unopened one in my fridge for months - it was within its expiry though so I used it but it tasted off.

Then I bought a new one and was amazed that it tasted equally bad...

i think real butter or ghee are more natural products which the body handles better. 

• Like 1