Olive Grove butter/spread

taotoo

It is best spread ac

Available in Thailand, comes in a light version. Being olive oil based is good for cholesterol. Is an Australian product, I been using for over 12 years here and when I lived in Australia.

Currently  out stock Rimping and B C Chiang Mai. 

If stocks come back will buy bulk.

????????????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taotoo said:

Thanks everyone. It's just that I've bought a couple of them lately that tasted off - not sure if they were stored incorrectly or my tastebuds are playing up.

seeing as it's not a Butter, but a Seed/Bean based product;

always be prepared for it to go rancid. 

After decades of these fake stuffs, I switched to the real thing...

Ghee

Takes some getting used to, but now, it goes in all cooking, and on the sandwiches 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tifino said:

seeing as it's not a Butter, but a Seed/Bean based product;

always be prepared for it to go rancid. 

After decades of these fake stuffs, I switched to the real thing...

Ghee

Takes some getting used to, but now, it goes in all cooking, and on the sandwiches 

2 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

It olive oil based and always good, yes if tasted funny somewhere along line not stored correctly.

images (2).jpeg

Thank you both. I guess I'll go back to Anchor butter, even if it is more hassle to spread.

Incidentally I found the Olive Grove recently at a Rimping after not seeing it there for months.

• Like 1

I'll state the bleedin obvious ???? keep it refrigerated, I've been eating/using it for years, never had a bad one yet, and a whole lot healthier than butter, and believe me I love butter, but since I've been here I have given up sugar & butter and also stopped smoking, I have other vices though ???? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'll state the bleedin obvious ???? keep it refrigerated, I've been eating/using it for years, never had a bad one yet, and a whole lot healthier than butter, and believe me I love butter, but since I've been here I have given up sugar & butter and also stopped smoking, I have other vices though ???? 

I had an unopened one in my fridge for months - it was within its expiry though so I used it but it tasted off.

Then I bought a new one and was amazed that it tasted equally bad...

Read the ingredients carefully. Most of the olive oil spreads sold here have more palm oil than olive oil in them. Pure butter is still healthier than all these palm oil and chemical based spreads. An excellent butter imported from Germany "Anunerlander" is now sold at Makro. It is absolutely the best of all of them (and he same price as the Australian brands).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2020 at 7:09 PM, taotoo said:

Thanks everyone. It's just that I've bought a couple of them lately that tasted off - not sure if they were stored incorrectly or my tastebuds are playing up.

It's really a matter of personal taste. My family brought one tub home from the supermarket because the Meadow Lea spread had run out. We've used Meadow Lea for years, all my family (son, his wife and 3 kids) love toast and ML and Vegemite.

When I read that the Olive Grove had Olive Oil I was positive because we use good quality olive oil at home (or sunflower oil) for everything, including sometimes dipping fresh bread in oilve oil.

But I found the Olive Grove spread to have a really strange taste, very heavy, even unpleasant, it was well within use by date and when it was opened the top of the product looked fresh / not spoiled in any way. 

My 3 granddaughters took one bite of their toast with Vegemite and Olive Grove and they rejected it, they have all eaten this with ML a hundred times before and always loved it. 

All personal taste. 

• Like 1