BANGKOK

Two Questions:

I just initiated my first transfer from my Charles Schwab acct to my Bangkok Bank savings account to cover the B800K retirement extension requirement. I received notification from Schwab that the money has been sent.  How long does it usually take a transfer to be posted to a Bangkok Bank account?

My Bangkok Bank VISA debit card still has 2 years validity remaining.  I stopped by my home branch to update my password to the new 6 digit requirement. "Mai Dai" she said.  "Can not change the password of the existing VISA card, must get new Mastercard".  

"Horse manure", I thought.  I figure she's just trying to push the new cards.   

Can one update Bangkok Bank passwords using an Bangkok Bank ATM?

All cards must be chip type now and suspect that old Visa is not.  So yes the MasterCard or UnionPay would be required.

As for updating passwords on on ATM have no idea but do they even have provision for a keyboard?  

• Thanks 1

Why would you need to change the PIN from 4 digits to 6 digits?

If 4 digits still works, then use it.

Still happily using my BKB VISA debit card, even though they said it would stop working in 2018, then told me it would stop working in 2019. I'm guessing it'll work with a 4 digit pin until 2022, the date on the card.

Edited by BritManToo

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why would you need to change the PIN from 4 digits to 6 digits?

If 4 digits still works, then use it.

Still happily using my BKB VISA debit card, even though they said it would stop working in 2018, then told me it would stop working in 2019. I'm guessing it'll work with a 4 digit pin until 2022, the date on the card.

Have you used since they became invalid on January 15th?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Have you used since they became invalid on January 15th?

Worked in the ATM yesterday, made an online purchase with it on the 18th (AliExpress).

Just now, BritManToo said:

Worked in the ATM yesterday, made an online purchase with it on the 18th (AliExpress).

Guess they missed another deadline - was supposed to be end of year and then January 15.

53 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Guess they missed another deadline - was supposed to be end of year and then January 15.

You were right, I was wrong!

Tried it today, it didn't work in the ATM this time .... grrrrrr ........

400bht for a Mastercard, just made it to the bank before it closed, so many bits of paper to sign my hand is tired.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You were right, I was wrong!

Tried it today, it didn't work in the ATM this time .... grrrrrr ........

400bht for a Mastercard, just made it to the bank before it closed, so many bits of paper to sign my hand is tired.

My BKB Visa debit card worked in an ATM yesterday.  I will try again today.  Apparently, they will not work at point-of-sale transactions.  

I had a major dispute with Mastercard eons ago and vowed never to use them again.  Oh well, it won't be the first vow I've ever broken.

22 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

As for updating passwords on on ATM have no idea but do they even have provision for a keyboard?  

A "password" (PIN) for a debit card is a number.  I'm pretty sure that all ATMs have numerical keypads.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

A "password" (PIN) for a debit card is a number.  I'm pretty sure that all ATMs have numerical keypads.

Perhaps that was the meaning but he asked 

Can one update Bangkok Bank passwords using an Bangkok Bank ATM?

And I took that to be asking about online account passwords.

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Can one update Bangkok Bank passwords using an Bangkok Bank ATM?

This is the in context part of his quote...

"My Bangkok Bank VISA debit card still has 2 years validity remaining.  I stopped by my home branch to update my password to the new 6 digit requirement".

I took that to mean changing from the 4-digit PIN to a 6-digit PIN.

21 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

My Kasikorn card fell over several weeks ago. 

New card issued.

At a discount price of 200 baht, plus 82 baht refund from the old 4 digit non chip card.

But when I try to use for online debit or purchases it asked me to set up a 2 question security feature. 

It failed on Q1.

So another trip to the bank..

16 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Perhaps that was the meaning but he asked 

You pretty much can't set up anything at a BKB ATM unless you have a Thai ID card.

Edited by BritManToo

As of today, my BKB Visa debit card is still accepted in BKB ATMs for Cash Withdrawal and Transfers to another BKB account.  I was also able to successfully pay my post paid AIS mobile bill and used the card to pay for a piece of furniture at Index.

My B800K transfer from Charles Schwab in the US to my BKB savings account was posted to my BKB account less than 12 hours after being sent by CS. I expected longer.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:05 PM, lopburi3 said:

I've got a Bangkok Bank Visa debit chipped card....works fine...used it today/25 Jan in an ATM to get cash.  It's expiration run till 2022

The 15 Jan 2020 deadline was for "non-chipped/magnetic stripe only" cards. 

From Bangkok Bank website

image.png.bdbcb729b478998e1d1daa2ff72ceaf4.png