Media frenzy as alleged Lopburi gold shop robber named - he’s a teacher and firearms expert

webfact

22 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

"Police said he claimed to have thrown all the gold stolen into a river in Sing Buri."

I think thats code for we have the gold for safe keeping.

Some police(s) have bought land adjoining the Sing Buri river and need to dredge it to get tourists boats up the river. 

2 hours ago, Duck J Butters said:

Nah, this guy is 100% a scapegoat and will disappear into a witness protection program along with his wife soon. 30 million to 100 million baht payoff by the government to participate in this hoax. 100%. The guy probably did have some debt and his life was fairly mundane. Why not take a huge payout like this by offering to cooperate with the authorities? They used to do stuff like this in the US all the time. It’s not uncommon to bribe citizens to confess for a big case where they need someone to blame for the sake of a nation. They needed to catch someone to save face as well. Not buying this hoax for a second.

Yep, and he time travelled back in time to post pictures on his FB timeline of him in a leg brace, of him in a picture with the girl he murdered etc etc.

I think you watch too much TV.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yep, and he time travelled back in time to post pictures on his FB timeline of him in a leg brace, of him in a picture with the girl he murdered etc etc.

I think you watch too much TV.

Too any Thai soapie by the look of it... 

"...betting on football" oh yes, smear foreigners while you're at it, POS. His logic: if England had neither invented Association Football nor created the Premier League, I couldn't have done it. True criminal behavior right there; blaming all but himself for his bare-assed culpability.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, sambum said:

From a simple Google click:-

"Most genetic tests take 24-72 hours but the time taken for DNA to go from crime scene to identification can span as long as 14 days. By the time that the results are back, the suspects often have been released."

But never let facts ruining a good BIB story beaten up by an ilinformed media. 

My bet is the coppers traced all 13 gun owners as reported and then would of looked at the family members too followed by known associates and would of homed in on specific gun owners known to have a silencer. DNA would place a specific person at the scene of the crime.

So sad. Too many guns in the wrong hands.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:20 AM, Angry Dragon said:

It's possible if the sweat contained skin cells.

I doubt the police had his DNA on file.  Instead, he was linked as a suspect to the crime based on other evidence.  The DNA test was then taken to confirm that it was his sweat.  Just my guess.

Sai Janani Ganesan, Postdoctoral researcher @ UCSF
Answered Jun 28 2014 · Upvoted by David Enoma, MSc Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Covenant University (2019) and Robin Corey, biochemistry postdoc · Author has 471 answers and 2.2m answer views

Originally Answered: Does Human sweat contain DNA?
DNA can be extracted from cells. Human perspiration in composition is just water, minerals like sodium, chloride, potassium, magnesium, urea etc. So, technically it does not contain human cells, hence no DNA. However, we constantly shed skin cells, even while stationary. This means, there could be some cellular material found in human perspiration, especially after a labour intensive activity. There is definitely a chance of finding DNA from perspiration, but one would have to look for it in a sample to be sure.

1 hour ago, tootall said:
Sai Janani Ganesan, Postdoctoral researcher @ UCSF
Answered Jun 28 2014 · Upvoted by David Enoma, MSc Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Covenant University (2019) and Robin Corey, biochemistry postdoc · Author has 471 answers and 2.2m answer views

Originally Answered: Does Human sweat contain DNA?
DNA can be extracted from cells. Human perspiration in composition is just water, minerals like sodium, chloride, potassium, magnesium, urea etc. So, technically it does not contain human cells, hence no DNA. However, we constantly shed skin cells, even while stationary. This means, there could be some cellular material found in human perspiration, especially after a labour intensive activity. There is definitely a chance of finding DNA from perspiration, but one would have to look for it in a sample to be sure.

What would he know, the BIB are the real experts with their long history of careful, in-depth, mishandling of vital evidence, they are even capable of finding people's DNA that's not even in the sample - that's provided they don't lose it or use it all up.