Media frenzy as alleged Lopburi gold shop robber named - he’s a teacher and firearms expert

webfact

30 minutes ago, anterian said:

He was identified by DNA from sweat left behind at the scene. Last I heard Thailand does not have a DNA crime scene lab.

... and considering his gambling debts; he could have been earlier funding it by selling mummy's gold?

Hope they have gone back through the longer term history of the goldshop's cctv.

9 minutes ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

DNA from his sweat? 

It's possible if the sweat contained skin cells.

I doubt the police had his DNA on file.  Instead, he was linked as a suspect to the crime based on other evidence.  The DNA test was then taken to confirm that it was his sweat.  Just my guess.

• Like 1

This sounds like a mental case, sounds too incredible.

Steal gold and then dump into river instead of selling them off to pay off his debts?

He wanted to be killed by police when he can just shoot himself dead? Unbelievable..... something is amiss.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

This sounds like a mental case, sounds too incredible.

Steal gold and then dump into river instead of selling them off to pay off his debts?

He wanted to be killed by police when he can just shoot himself dead? Unbelievable..... something is amiss.

If he can kill people, i guess he can speak lies too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry Dragon said:

It's possible if the sweat contained skin cells.

I doubt the police had his DNA on file.  Instead, he was linked as a suspect to the crime based on other evidence.  The DNA test was then taken to confirm that it was his sweat.  Just my guess.

Them claiming his DNA matches is a complete farce. 

DNA testing takes anywhere between 24 hours to 14 days in a civilized country. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, poohy said:

"Police said he claimed to have thrown all the gold stolen into a river in Sing Buri."

Just packing my wellies and heading to a riverbank in Singburi ..will be gone for a while!

Don't bother, the local BIB beat you to it? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

has confessed to the crime, saying stress drove him to seek a way to be shot and killed by police.

He is seeking to avoid being charged with premeditated murder - mandatory death sentence?

Whether shooting the security guard as he escaped counts as 'murdering to prevent discovery of a crime' I don't know (I think mandatory death sentence on that one)

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Come on give us the details on how he was arrested. I want to believe its the right guy but seriously you aint got nothing but a confession. Some mental cases dob themselves in for all various types of crimes all the time.

Doesn't matter as long as the reward is paid. 

12 minutes ago, mokwit said:

He is seeking to avoid being charged with premeditated murder - mandatory death sentence?

That makes sense .

He certainly wasn’t hanging around for the police when he was panicking to exit the mall doors .

My money is on him having a connection with the shop girl, she is the only one who was guaranteed to be in that place at that time, the other poor souls were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He certainly made sure she died ( 3 bullets ) and was 3 months pregnant which could have been the trigger.

Only my guesswork obviously but the robbery motive is definitely weak ( took a small amount and then threw in the river ).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, poohy said:

"Police said he claimed to have thrown all the gold stolen into a river in Sing Buri."

Just packing my wellies and heading to a riverbank in Singburi ..will be gone for a while!

Can you please provide any more details on this location and a map. What exact part of the river  ?

I have been out all day buying flippers, snorkeling gear, googles and an oxygen tank in case I need to dive. 

• Like 1

It was his own wife who suspected and informed the police. The gun belonged to his father who was an ex policeman, the motorcycle he borrowed from his grandfather and returned both the gun and motorcycle back to them after the killings. Mother is a teacher.

Edited by saakura