Media frenzy as alleged Lopburi gold shop robber named - he’s a teacher and firearms expert

webfact

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Well just lets say what facts we do know:

1. The shop assistant, who he shot 3 times, was known to him.

2. The gold was found at his house, the location being revealed by his wife.

3. He borrowed an identical gun from his father on the day of the shooting. Simple ballistics tests will prove if it's the same weapon used in the shooting.

4. Most importantly, his father was a senior police officer. Remember the initial reports about the shooter being protected by an important person, locally?

Douubt that they will need any more evidence than that to convict in a Thai court or pretty much any other court in the World.

The police have known who he was from day 1 but have been stalling to find a patsy for the crime. Remember the guy in Nong Khai with the red bag?

Thanks, saves me scrolling through the now several stories on this crime.

10 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Well just lets say what facts we do know:

1. The shop assistant, who he shot 3 times, was known to him.

2. The gold was found at his house, the location being revealed by his wife.

3. He borrowed an identical gun from his father on the day of the shooting. Simple ballistics tests will prove if it's the same weapon used in the shooting.

4. Most importantly, his father was a senior police officer. Remember the initial reports about the shooter being protected by an important person, locally?

Douubt that they will need any more evidence than that to convict in a Thai court or pretty much any other court in the World.

The police have known who he was from day 1 but have been stalling to find a patsy for the crime. Remember the guy in Nong Khai with the red bag?

Also the Fino was borrowed from the father in law and returned.

His story of wanting to suicide obviously false, his panic at trying to leave the mall highlights that.

A lot of other “ evidence “ on the news channels also.

His wife and the shop girl messaging on FB.

He took a selfie with the shop girl in the background, found on his FF page.

Slowly the truth is appearing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rwill said:

I wonder if they will do a DNA test on the fetus to see if he was the father?

If his goal was suicide by cop he would have just waited for them to show up...

Pretty sure all the victims have been cremated by now. 

I think the pregnancy thing is from the rumor mill, at the time of the crime police had no reason to see if victims were pregnant etc, The victims had funerals and were cremated long before any link to a possible murder.

Just now, Peterw42 said:

Pretty sure all the victims have been cremated by now. 

I think the pregnancy thing is from the rumor mill, at the time of the crime police had no reason to see if victims were pregnant etc, The victims had funerals and were cremated long before any link to a possible murder.

It was a murder investigation from day 1. All the victims would have had full autopsies performed on them. It's also likely that the bodies haven't been released yet.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dcnx said:

Them claiming his DNA matches is a complete farce. 

DNA testing takes anywhere between 24 hours to 14 days in a civilized country. 

hasn't it been 12 days between the murders and his capture?  do we know when a sample of his DNA was taken to show a match?

Can anyone verify if the victim being 3 months pregnant is legit ? has that been announced or just speculation thats now being quoted as fact.

If she was the guys mistress and pregnant, the pregnancy wouldn't of been pubic knowledge, I dont think police would have been checking if victims were pregnant etc when investigating (at that time) a robbery.

I presume, 3 days later the victims body and any evidence was gone, she had been cremated.

... He was trying to get away with it !!! Re being so covered up !!! ... If he was trying to commit suicide I think he would have been more open. ....

... Stressed out yes, and in debt d/t foot ball gambling ! Well yes ... EASY to believe that. .... and Stressed out, trouble with / maybe even threatened, discreetly or in directly, by his pregnant ex, (See the end of the other thread) .... and Stressed out !!! ... So just <Deleted> shot them all !!! .... This is more like the truth. ... Just an <Deleted> ... 

.... AND ALSO !!! ... The easy availability to Fire arms for him, and training in their use and operation. 

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Can anyone verify if the victim being 3 months pregnant is legit ? has that been announced or just speculation thats now being quoted as fact.

If she was the guys mistress and pregnant, the pregnancy wouldn't of been pubic knowledge, I dont think police would have been checking if victims were pregnant etc when investigating (at that time) a robbery.

I presume, 3 days later the victims body and any evidence was gone, she had been cremated.

They were never investigating a robbery. It was a mass murder. Haven't you seen the CCTV footage of the incident? The police have.

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It was a murder investigation from day 1. All the victims would have had full autopsies performed on them. It's also likely that the bodies haven't been released yet.

Haven't all the funerals been on television ? If someone has been shot and its on video, why would they do anything beyond a cursory autopsy ?

I cant recall anytime where they announced a murder investigation.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

A close friend of the suspect, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Prasittichai, despite his gentle demeanour, had a bad temper and is deep in debt from betting on football.

So he chose to rob a gold store to attract the attention of police so he could be shot dead... complete rubbish. He was deep in debt and did the robbery so he could get the gold and convert that into  a payment to try to clear his debts, but it all went wrong when he killed innocent people, never being able to get rid of the gold.

If he was so stressed why didn't he just shoot himself at home?

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So he chose to rob a gold store to attract the attention of police so he could be shot dead... complete rubbish. He was deep in debt and did the robbery so he could get the gold and convert that into  a payment to try to clear his debts, but it all went wrong when he killed innocent people, never being able to get rid of the gold.

If he was so stressed why didn't he just shoot himself at home?

so where's the damn gold ....

image.png.4c83121bce75ba764f0dcd44393d5350.png

23 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Of course you can fully substantiate all that BS you are sprouting, can't you? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Of course you can fully substantiate all that BS you are sprouting, can't you? 

Exactly what is BS? That murder victims normally have autopsies performed on them? That the police knew there had been a murder as soon as they arrived at the scene?

You seem to follow me round the forum trolling me. What's your issue?

Remember the rule, criticise the post not the poster.

Edited by DannyCarlton

One wonders where the common sense and reasoning is. So, the guy has some real problems and issues. He wants to die. There are a hundred ways to do yourself, without taking innocent people along with you. Suicide (except in the case of terminal illness) is a very cowardly act to begin with, but to do this in such a way that young kids get slaughtered is beyond the pale. What can one even say? Talk about blowing it. Talk about dropping the ball. Talk about being a complete failure on every level possible. 

This arrest also begs the question. Did you guys arrest the right guy? The police here have a real credibility issue. RTP detective work? Seems somehow oxymoronic.

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

One wonders where the common sense and reasoning is. So, the guy has some real problems and issues. He wants to die. There are a hundred ways to do yourself, without taking innocent people along with you. Suicide (except in the case of terminal illness) is a very cowardly act to begin with, but to do this in such a way that young kids get slaughtered is beyond the pale. What can one even say? Talk about blowing it. Talk about dropping the ball. Talk about being a complete failure on every level possible. 

This arrest also begs the question. Did you guys arrest the right guy? The police here have a real credibility issue. RTP detective work? Seems somehow oxymoronic.

I think it is already reasonable to assume that the aim was not suicide or robbery but to silence the shop girl who was known to him and his wife, rumours that she was 3 months pregnant when she died could have been the trigger.

His actions on video and obvious attempt to remain anonymous dispel his suicide theory.

There is more to this than the stuff written here: ask your Thai friends/relatives. They caught him by dogged policework and they are to be commended for having got this idiot off the street relatively quickly. I agree with the comments that suggest this has more to do with a woman/a relationship than just a robbery ... I will eat these words if I am wrong as I have no evidence for that assertion.

He claimed to have thrown his gold and his gun in a river but I understand the police have now found them.

His father is said to be a policeman.

I also understand that they got the DNA evidence from the exit door: someone had locked that door to bock or impede his exit and he smashed his way out of it to make his getaway.

10 minutes ago, todlad said:

I also understand that they got the DNA evidence from the exit door: someone had locked that door to bock or impede his exit and he smashed his way out of it to make his getaway.

Maybe watch the video, he is wearing gloves so no DNA on the door, nobody locks the door, it momentarily doest open because the guy is covered from head to toe and doest trip the infrared (bodyheat) sensor . He diesnt smash his way out the door opens automatically  a couple of seconds later 

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1