Media frenzy as alleged Lopburi gold shop robber named - he’s a teacher and firearms expert

webfact

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe watch the video, he is wearing gloves so no DNA on the door, nobody locks the door, it momentarily doest open because the guy is covered from head to toe and doest trip the infrared sensor .

I will ask again about the DNA evidence, then

54 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Haven't all the funerals been on television ? If someone has been shot and its on video, why would they do anything beyond a cursory autopsy ?

I cant recall anytime where they announced a murder investigation.

I would imagine that when the funerals of the 3 victims do take place, they'll be conducted under the full glare of the media. I've seen nothing in the media.

Why would they announce it was a murder? 3 people shot dead in a shopping mall, hardly an accident. What else would it be other than mass murder?

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said he claimed to have thrown all the gold stolen into a river in Sing Buri.

No, he didn't!! The police just found the jewelry stuffed at the roof truss of their house (or parents house?) 

39 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe watch the video, he is wearing gloves so no DNA on the door, nobody locks the door, it momentarily doest open because the guy is covered from head to toe and doest trip the infrared (bodyheat) sensor . He diesnt smash his way out the door opens automatically  a couple of seconds later 

Yes, the door was locked. In the full security footage, we see the security guard locking the door. The perp then shoots at him from a distance (missing him, there are evidence photos of the same door with these bullet holes). Then the security guard he runs into the nearby KFC. The Perp shoots the guard, killing him. Perp then runs up to the locked door and it won't open, so he roughly barges it a few times until it gives way. It would have been quite easy for his exposed wrist to touch the glass on the door with the haphazard nature of his actions.

1 minute ago, Wanderer77 said:

Yes, the door was locked. In the full security footage, we see the security guard locking the door. The perp then shoots at him from a distance (missing him, there are evidence photos of the same door with these bullet holes). Then the security guard he runs into the nearby KFC. The Perp shoots the guard, killing him. Perp then runs up to the locked door and it won't open, so he roughly barges it a few times until it gives way. It would have been quite easy for his exposed wrist to touch the glass on the door with the haphazard nature of his actions.

How many other DNA traces would have been on that door?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

How many other DNA traces would have been on that door?

I'm guessing not that many because people don't normally need to push on an automatic door or physically interact with it, in order to open it. If they reviewed the footage and saw the exact area of glass his skin would have made contact with (and nobody else touched that area after he did), then that probably isolates his DNA somewhat.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jun2x said:

No, he didn't!! The police just found the jewelry stuffed at the roof truss of their house (or parents house?) 

At first he did claim gold was thrown in the river, later was discovered hidden in a roof, reports say his wife told the police.

4 minutes ago, Wanderer77 said:

Watch the video, the gard walks towards the door but does not at any time lock the door, the sensor fails to see the guy because of no body heat, the guy hits the door once, the sensor sees the body heat then opens the door. If a door is locked, it doesn't magically open( motorized) if you hit it, no matter how hard.

16 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

That makes sense .

He certainly wasn’t hanging around for the police when he was panicking to exit the mall doors .

My money is on him having a connection with the shop girl, she is the only one who was guaranteed to be in that place at that time, the other poor souls were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He certainly made sure she died ( 3 bullets ) and was 3 months pregnant which could have been the trigger.

Only my guesswork obviously but the robbery motive is definitely weak ( took a small amount and then threw in the river ).

You have to get a life. Seriously 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Sounds pretty much like your Thai police bashing rant . Why not admit your not up to speed rather than use the old cliche .

"Police sources said the sound suppressor the robber had on the pistol he used had drawn their attention to the suspect."

Sounds like the police did their job.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Wanderer77 said:

I have not seen the video(s) so was going on the information Mrs T gave me. You are supporting what she said.

19 hours ago, kekalot said:

shoes he was wearing is nothing like the higher laced-up boots they circled in the photo but hey.

if he confessed.

Pretty sure I'd confess too, especially in one of those 'safe' houses. Safe house, pretty convenient that. They buy that just recently or have them all over the nation ?

Oh, I'd also think maybe him saying he wanted to commit suicide by police will make a later real suicide more acceptable.

Edited by IAMHERE
add weasel words

28 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

"Police sources said the sound suppressor the robber had on the pistol he used had drawn their attention to the suspect."

this is thailand, he might get a few years off, because he used a suppressor, so he did not scare the other mall visitors, kinda deranged thought

8 minutes ago, justin case said:

this is thailand, he might get a few years off, because he used a suppressor, so he did not scare the other mall visitors, kinda deranged thought

Then again, he may get off completely because they took him to the safe house for who knows what reasons many on TV suspect. 

48 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Pretty sure I'd confess too, especially in one of those 'safe' houses. Safe house, pretty convenient that. They buy that just recently or have them all over the nation ?

Oh, I'd also think maybe him saying he wanted to commit suicide by police will make a later real suicide more acceptable.

RTP has several safe houses set up here.

Udon, plus others. 

They use them with the CIA and special forces, according to something I read...

CIA and Washington officials have had a secret prison in Thailand some time too.

Some interesting reading when you look...

22 hours ago, z42 said:

Good that he is locked up. The csi LA page has had the sleuths digging well into this guy's fb uploads.

My gf told me that the Thai news rumour mill has gambling debts as the motive.

If this is in fact the correct guy, he deserves the death row treatment and absolutely no benefits from the pardoning systems.

Going in a shopping mall and spraying bullets everywhere is truly deplorable. 

Nah, this guy is 100% a scapegoat and will disappear into a witness protection program along with his wife soon. 30 million to 100 million baht payoff by the government to participate in this hoax. 100%. The guy probably did have some debt and his life was fairly mundane. Why not take a huge payout like this by offering to cooperate with the authorities? They used to do stuff like this in the US all the time. It’s not uncommon to bribe citizens to confess for a big case where they need someone to blame for the sake of a nation. They needed to catch someone to save face as well. Not buying this hoax for a second.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, dcnx said:

Them claiming his DNA matches is a complete farce. 

DNA testing takes anywhere between 24 hours to 14 days in a civilized country. 

From a simple Google click:-

"Most genetic tests take 24-72 hours but the time taken for DNA to go from crime scene to identification can span as long as 14 days. By the time that the results are back, the suspects often have been released."

Edited by sambum