Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Chinese boy, 10, lands in Phuket suspected of carrying Wuhan flu

Recommended Posts

Chinese boy, 10, lands in Phuket suspected of carrying Wuhan flu

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

 

1579682423_1-org.jpg

Health Control Division officials check arrivals on direct flights from Wuhan on landing at Phuket International Airport. Photo: Phuket Airport Health Control Division

 

PHUKET:-- A 10-year-old boy from China suspected of being infected with the Wuhan coronavirus is in isolation at Vachira Phuket Hospital after he landed in Phuket on a direct flight from Wuhan with his parents last night (Jan 21).

 

Phuket Public Health Office (PPHO) Chief Thanit Sermkaew said that the boy had an elevated body temperature and exhibited “likely symptoms” of being infected with some form of influenza or pneumonia.

 

“His condition was discovered by officers checking at Phuket International Airport,” Chief Thanit told The Phuket News.

 

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-boy-10-lands-in-phuket-suspected-of-carrying-wuhan-flu-74488.php

 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-01-22
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they caught one, but how many will pass through and develop symptoms later? Gong xi Gong xi!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

So why are these tourists not being screened before getting on their flight. Makes to much sense to stop the person boarding the plane and possibly infecting other passengers.

 

They have had screening operation in Wuhan in place for some days now. Maybe his symptoms developed during the flight.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

There is no general mechanism to medically clear people before they board a plane. A state of emergency in Thailand or China would first need to be declared. If you're wondering, I am a licensed U.S. Paramedic with a B.S. degree in Emergency Medical Services Management. 

But Thailand and China are not the USA and they have facilities in place that can easily be used to screen all departing pax.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But Thailand and China are not the USA and they have facilities in place that can easily be used to screen all departing pax.

Could easily have happened, and he developed symptoms during flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But Thailand and China are not the USA and they have facilities in place that can easily be used to screen all departing pax.

When you say screen people you are indicating that somehow people can be cleared of disease before they board a plane. They cannot. There is usually up to a two week incubation period after exposure before symptoms appear. People suspected of being exposed (coming from the epicenter of outbreak) will need to be quarantined for a period of time to ensure people are symptom free. There is currently no mechanism to do this anywhere in the world without declaring a state of emergency to bring in the necessary medical resources to conduct this. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

When you say screen people you are indicating that somehow people can be cleared of disease before they board a plane. They cannot. There is usually up to a two week incubation period after exposure before symptoms appear. People suspected of being exposed (coming from the epicenter of outbreak) will need to be quarantined for a period of time to ensure people are symptom free. There is currently no mechanism to do this anywhere in the world without declaring a state of emergency to bring in the necessary medical resources to conduct this. 

I repeat, China does what it needs or wants to do as and when it sees fit.

 

Also in this case, the  World Health Organisation has said it is not necessary to restrict travel so with the recommended screening process in place, travel continues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

So why are these tourists not being screened before getting on their flight. Makes to much sense to stop the person boarding the plane and possibly infecting other passengers.

 

somebody located in China, posted here at TV 2-3 days ago that people are being tracked at the local airport..... Chinese way of tracking,  1 caught 100 go thru

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...