Krabi to deal with stray dogs

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

To prevent the same incident from happening again, officials were told to banish stray dogs from tourist areas. 

If only Pattaya council would take notice and follow this sensible lead

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Why not all areas?

It's a very valid point. Remove the dogs from the tourist areas (abundant food & scraps) and the void will be immediately filled by the smarter strays in the area.

Selective area clearance will not work unless it is sustained. That may be a reach.

Edited by chrisinth

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

I feel like a prisoner in my village: I daren't walk outside the village for fear of being surrounded by snarling, barking dogs.  In fact, it's got to the stage now, that I'm thinking about leaving Thailand;  I've had enough!

Welcome to the club ^^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

I feel like a prisoner in my village: I daren't walk outside the village for fear of being surrounded by snarling, barking dogs.  In fact, it's got to the stage now, that I'm thinking about leaving Thailand;  I've had enough!

You know i cant blame you I walked around my villiage and was attacked by these mongrels. The Thais think its funny when a dog attacks a ferang But i took the smile off there faces when i came back with a big stick and cracked a few of those dogs over there heads. They did a lot of yelling at me but i said now i can laugh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

I too welcome you to the club. Just last night a gang of them would not stop barking in the streets. Had a bad experience one night, chills went up my spine... never again will I venture out between 10 pm and 6 am. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, ThaiBrian said:

I too welcome you to the club. Just last night a gang of them would not stop barking in the streets. Had a bad experience one night, chills went up my spine... never again will I venture out between 10 pm and 6 am. 

What is it? they only start barking at night? Ive got 2 soi dogs in my soi dont hear them all day if anybody is walking down the soi at night thats when they start

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

What is it? they only start barking at night? Ive got 2 soi dogs in my soi dont hear them all day if anybody is walking down the soi at night thats when they start

Rival gang? Several weeks ago I saw over 15 dogs barking at a bunch of other dogs (I assume), but could not see. Wouldn't surprise me if there were 15 other dogs, total of 30. They don't bark or bother people during the day. They go around begging for food or relaxing in the shade from the hot sun. 

16 hours ago, Beggar said:

It is a huge problem all over the country. The Indians have their holy cows and the Thais have their untouchable stray dogs. 

I lived in Singapore for a while they used to round up the strays to put them down, strange that they are protected in Thailand ???

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Nobody in Thailand gets rid of soi/stray dogs! They feed them leftovers, then they breed and make more soi dogs and the whole cycle perpetuates.

Stray dogs should be eliminated...they're dangerous and diseased!

Yeah yeah as well humans without even tiny bit of compassion should be eliminated as well no? Many would agree to leave them strays n eleminate the humans instead.

7 hours ago, Moti24 said:

Well its up to you to fix that problem. Get tasers, only the sound makes dogs back. Get teargas and spray. Dogs will remember and back of next time they see you.

A 15-year old kid of an Australian guy at my condo got bitten in the south as well. Nobody did anything so he bought Gofen at the pharmacy and a lot of sausages at the 7/11. After a few days the dogs had all vanished from the beach and the locals wondered what happened to the numerous dogs. He still laughs about it.