800,000 TBH seasoning requirements-Retirement ext.

35 minutes ago, i84teen said:

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Anyone have a link to an official immigration document with the latest requirements for retirement extension or should this be obtained from the local immigration office?

Seemingly this doesn't exist... online that is, here is the best I could find. 

https://www.thethailandlife.com/the-thailand-retirement-visa-guide

Edited by Tounge Thaied

2 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Honestly, just leave it in there indefinitely.

If you have to. If you can show evidence of 65,000 baht monthly for retirement or 40,000 baht monthly for marriage, I would do this and not thai (pun intended) up your money in a worthless low interest thai bank account. 

1 minute ago, Tounge Thaied said:

If you have to. If you can show evidence of 65,000 baht monthly for retirement or 40,000 baht monthly for marriage, I would do this and not thai (pun intended) up your money in a worthless low interest thai bank account. 

I agree with you.  Ubonjoe is the Oracle.  What he says is true.  Your dissapointemnt is one of the crummy downsides to Thailand immigration that has made the visa issue a pain.  I can make at least 15-25% return on investment, why leave it as you said in a thai bank??  For what???

11 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

7 minutes ago, mike787 said:

I agree with you.  Ubonjoe is the Oracle.  What he says is true.  Your dissapointemnt is one of the crummy downsides to Thailand immigration that has made the visa issue a pain.  I can make at least 15-25% return on investment, why leave it as you said in a thai bank??  For what???

By all means, go the way of 65k per month. Just don’t complain if you encounter problems on your next renewal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, i84teen said:

Anyone have a link to an official immigration document with the latest requirements for retirement extension or should this be obtained from the local immigration office?

You already have all the information you require from UJ’s reply. Why bother reading anymore official documents? If anything, it will confuse you further. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

By all means, go the way of 65k per month. Just don’t complain if you encounter problems on your next renewal. 

I get your sarcasm... but can you tell us your frustrations or experiences on this? I have had no trouble at the Buriram office providing evidence of 40,000 baht for 12 months for my marriage O extension. 

• Like 1

Couple of questions if I may related to the OP:

1. Does the lump sum 800k in the bank for retirement extension have to be from a foreign transfer?

2. The thethailandlife.com link above mentions a "bank letter". I assume this applies to the monthly method only. For the lump sum method just the updated passbook is needed to show that the 800k/400k has been in the account for the requisite amount of time (per UJ's post above) and no bank letter, correct?

If not, it would nice to see a (redacted) version of such a letter to know exactly what it contains. Presumably, major bank branches would be familiar with the process.

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

1. Does the lump sum 800k in the bank for retirement extension have to be from a foreign transfer?

2. The thethailandlife.com link above mentions a "bank letter". I assume this applies to the monthly method only. For the lump sum method just the updated passbook is needed to show that the 800k/400k has been in the account for the requisite amount of time (per UJ's post above) and no bank letter, correct?

If not, it would nice to see a (redacted) version of such a letter to know exactly what it contains. Presumably, major bank branches would be familiar with the process.

1. No

2. Bank letter needed for 800k/400k in the bank.

The bank will know what to provide.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I get your sarcasm... but can you tell us your frustrations or experiences on this? I have had no trouble at the Buriram office providing evidence of 40,000 baht for 12 months for my marriage O extension. 

I think it is obvious not taking sides but all the reports for the last year have indicated every office is different glad you had luck at Buriram. Not everyone is as sharp as you, I use the Jomtien office some don't think like me but I kind of enjoy waiting at times being a people watcher it is entertaining as hell at times better than a reality show? 

Each year 15 now I apply I cross all my T-I's yet I still get nervous like a box of chocolate you just don't know what you are going to get?????

This year I used the bank method, top it off to 3 million because I have it joint, forget the Will and Trust stuff the legal system is useless. I continue to have all my pensions deposited into Charles Schwab take whatever I need each month, then still got investment with Vanguard. 

3 minutes ago, oobar said:

Can you receive funds from Vanguard through Bangkok Bank, New York?

Not unless they use the IAT format for the ACH transfer. It is also possible to use New York's SWIFT code to do the transfer. 

15 hours ago, i84teen said:

Sorry, I don't have a 'link'; but I have this morning renewed my 'Retirement Visa' at the Hua-Hin IMO (and please don't tell me that it's not a retirement visa because it is stamped 'Retirement') in my passport! I am on a Non O visa from way back when some 13 years ago.

The documents I had to show where:-

Copies of the the main page of my passport.

Copies of previous 'retirement' stamp.

Copies of my 'Blue Book' (house document).

One small photograph of myself.

Documents supplied by the SCB Bank obtained this morning showing the balance of my account (cost 200 B) and a print out of my bank book details showing inputs and withdrawals for about the last 6 months.

Pay 1900 B fee.

As usual you have to sign the blxxdy lot.

At HH IMO (the new one, miles out of town!!!) they have a bloke who takes all your documents etc and fills in the form for you and then gives you a numbered ticket. I got there about 1115 and was out by 1200.  

My previous visa would have expired on the 28th of January and in my passport it states that I was granted a new one on the 23rd of January that will expire on the 28th of January 2021.

I hope that this helps.

27 minutes ago, cheshiremusicman said:

Sorry, I don't have a 'link'; but I have this morning renewed my 'Retirement Visa' at the Hua-Hin IMO (and please don't tell me that it's not a retirement visa because it is stamped 'Retirement') in my passport! I am on a Non O visa from way back when some 13 years ago.

The documents I had to show where:-

Copies of the the main page of my passport.

Copies of previous 'retirement' stamp.

Copies of my 'Blue Book' (house document).

One small photograph of myself.

Documents supplied by the SCB Bank obtained this morning showing the balance of my account (cost 200 B) and a print out of my bank book details showing inputs and withdrawals for about the last 6 months.

Pay 1900 B fee.

As usual you have to sign the blxxdy lot.

At HH IMO (the new one, miles out of town!!!) they have a bloke who takes all your documents etc and fills in the form for you and then gives you a numbered ticket. I got there about 1115 and was out by 1200.  

My previous visa would have expired on the 28th of January and in my passport it states that I was granted a new one on the 23rd of January that will expire on the 28th of January 2021.

I hope that this helps.

It's not a retirement visa.

It's an extension of stay based on retirement.

Thai often call extensions retirement Visa.

Exactly as on tm30 they asked for your visa #. That's where you write reentry permit # for your current permission of stay. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Please Excuse the thickheaded and redundant-ness of this post.

Am I correct in stating it; 'The seasoning is based upon the “application date” Not the actual RENEWAL DATE.' As in two months before and three months after the date of application.

Example - If I submitted an application to renew my extension, on October 22 2019 (renewal date Nov. 25). Add three months to that application date, and on January 22, 2020, yesterday, I could begin to draw money below the 800K mark. At all times keeping it above 400K. Until two months before I reapply when I have to pump it back up to 800K.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

Am I correct in stating it; 'The seasoning is based upon the “application date” Not the actual RENEWAL DATE.' As in two months before and three months after the date of application.

That is correct. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, i84teen said:

It's better to start with telling which immigration office you belong to. The requirements sometimes differ between offices. And you didn't say which method you're using,800k in the bank or monthly income. 

16 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

The interest you get in a Thai bank is better than in most of the European banks for same type of account since several years back. A 0% interest is quite common. Here you can get 0,5-1,5% depending on type of account. Even more if keeping the money in the bank for 2 years or more. 

12 hours ago, Why Me said:

1) Does not have to be from overseas.

2) Need letter from bank. Banks understand the local IO requirements and tailor the letter and supporting documents accordingly.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Checklists for required documents do exist, but the OP needs to tell which immigration office he belongs to. The requirements can differ a bit between offices. 

May I ask the checklist for Chaengwattana?

2 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

2) Need letter from bank. Banks understand the local IO requirements and tailor the letter and supporting documents accordingly.

Thanks. If you have one would you mind sharing a redacted version of such a letter? This way I (or any new applicant) could show it to the bank and they would know right away what we're there for, instead of having trying to explain matters in limited Thai.

33 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Thanks. If you have one would you mind sharing a redacted version of such a letter? This way I (or any new applicant) could show it to the bank and they would know right away what we're there for, instead of having trying to explain matters in limited Thai.

I'm using the 800k in the bank method, and when I need my annual bank letter, which at many banks incl mine, is called "bank guarantee", I don't have to explain anything, I just ask for a "bank guarantee for immigration". The girl behind the desk grabs my bank book, updates it, and then print out my letter. A stamp, a signature and 100 baht later, I'm out of the bank. Banks close to immigration offices normally know what you need, but there are exceptions,of course.

Edited by Max69xl

48 minutes ago, Why Me said:

May I ask the checklist for Chaengwattana?

I've seen this one here at TV earlier:

• A completed TM7 form with a photo (4x6cm).
  • Copy of rental contract and/or copy of house book and copy of Thai ID-card. (House book and ID signed by the owner).
  • Passport.
  • Copies from passport: The photo page, last entry stamp and last extension.
  • A copy of the departure card (TM6)
  • Copies from the bank book: The last 2 months + the first page with the account name.
  • A bank letter from a Thai bank confirming the status of your account (2 months prior to the day when applying).
  • A TM30 report might be asked for.
  • Every copy signed at the bottom in blue ink. 
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oobar said:

Can you receive funds from Vanguard through Bangkok Bank, New York?

Sorry don't know in regards to Vanguard, the money or investment I have with them are IRA'S haven't touch them and still growing.

I did though last year had 30,000 USD sent to my Bangkok Bank in Thailand from Charles Schwab, it don't see it as a problem. You can contact Vanguard Online Questions I do this regularly it is very good in responding precise and quick.