800,000 TBH seasoning requirements-Retirement ext.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not a retirement visa.

It's an extension of stay based on retirement.

Thai often call extensions retirement Visa.

Exactly as on tm30 they asked for your visa #. That's where you write reentry permit # for your current permission of stay. 

Exactly. You saved me the trouble of writing the same. The problem with your post @cheshiremusicman is that if you dont use the correct terms you get the wrong advice. Its not being finicky its about being accurate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimn said:

Exactly. You saved me the trouble of writing the same. The problem with your post @cheshiremusicman is that if you dont use the correct terms you get the wrong advice. Its not being finicky its about being accurate.

Yes. I hate being pedantic, but sometimes it's important. If you look for example AU Thai internet site for various visas, after the non O-A they have in brackets (retirement visa). No wonder it's confusing.

As to member I quoted about his extension stamp, yes it will have in blue "retirement". What needs to be read is small print. Permission of stay....etc

I obtained non o Vientiane 7 yrs back. 

It's a 90 day single entry. It expired 7 years ago. Jimn as you know.

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. I hate being pedantic, but sometimes it's important. If you look for example AU Thai internet site for various visas, after the non O-A they have in brackets (retirement visa). No wonder it's confusing.

As to member I quoted about his extension stamp, yes it will have in blue "retirement". What needs to be read is small print. Permission of stay....etc

I obtained non o Vientiane 7 yrs back. 

It's a 90 day single entry. It expired 7 years ago. Jimn as you know.

Lol, yes I agree. There was some Australian guy on here sometime last year David, arguing with UbonJoe and stating categorically that an OA visa he gets in Australia for many years is a Retirement visa because he said the Australian consulate said it was. He argued the OA was the way to go and could not understand why people got a "Retirement Visa in Thailand. He hasn't been on for a while but I wonder what his stance is now considering the insurance requirement that goes with an OA.

25 minutes ago, jimn said:

Lol, yes I agree. There was some Australian guy on here sometime last year David, arguing with UbonJoe and stating categorically that an OA visa he gets in Australia for many years is a Retirement visa because he said the Australian consulate said it was. He argued the OA was the way to go and could not understand why people got a "Retirement Visa in Thailand. He hasn't been on for a while but I wonder what his stance is now considering the insurance requirement that goes with an OA.

Often seems to be between rock and hard place as much as I love Thailand.

Prior to my last extension, Oct last year, I had decided to change to non O-A as I return couple time to AU each year. 

Then they introduced rubbish insurance requirement. So I chucked in 800+ into FD account.

When they insist upon insurance for non o folk extensions based on retirement my plan is to marry some chick. Then when they apply insurance to marriage guess I can have a kid. 

Overstay sounding a better option.

Seriously I just hope this compulsory Thai insurance will be reconsidered. At very least make insurance from world wide companies acceptable. 

Read lot about good cover from European and USA available to those citizens.

Clearly a money grab.

Keep in mind this whole push came from ministry of health not Thai imm. Is that correct?

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Often seems to be between rock and hard place as much as I love Thailand.

Prior to my last extension, Oct last year, I had decided to change to non O-A as I return couple time to AU each year. 

Then they introduced rubbish insurance requirement. So I chucked in 800+ into FD account.

When they insist upon insurance for non o folk extensions based on retirement my plan is to marry some chick. Then when they apply insurance to marriage guess I can have a kid. 

Overstay sounding a better option.

Seriously I just hope this compulsory Thai insurance will be reconsidered. At very least make insurance from world wide companies acceptable. 

Read lot about good cover from European and USA available to those citizens.

Clearly a money grab.

Keep in mind this whole push came from ministry of health not Thai imm. Is that correct?

The insurance requirement isn't going away and will likely be extended to the Non-Immigrant O... see attached original Department of Health announcement indicating the Non OA requirement is the "Pilot". And... you can get an insurance certificate completed that does allow your international health insurance to be used for the VISA requirement. ????

https://hss.moph.go.th/show_topic.php?id=2808
https://longstay.tgia.org/document/overseas_insurance_certificate.pdf

Edited by Tounge Thaied
Added a link

Ive posted before that my new retired IO friend  has told me categorically that the law is clear and that demanding Compulsory Insurance from longer term Non Imm O-A Retirement Extension Applicants is "not correct" in administering that by law , but I ( and my fellow farangs ) am powerless to do anything about it.

So I now shrug at any post trying to find any "logic" as to why any ruling happens or doesnt happen.

This is Thailand , comply if its cheaper ( logic ) , take another route if you cant , and if in YOUR case has 'fees' but saves you much more in lost interest and the cost of buying BS Insurance ( more logic) .

The rest is just fluff...

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not a retirement visa.

It's an extension of stay based on retirement.

Thai often call extensions retirement Visa.

Exactly as on tm30 they asked for your visa #. That's where you write reentry permit # for your current permission of stay. 

Please, argue all you like; but I was merely pointing out, that my new 12 month visa had the word 'Retirement' stamped on it which I don't recollect seeing before, but I will take another look at my passport when I've got nothing better to do!!!

This pedantic-ism happens every time someone like myself uses the term 'Retirement visa'. But you have to renew your objections to the term don't you?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I also provided the IMO with a map of where my house is located.    

Well, the more things change the more they stay the same.

It's all moot now as I have missed the deadline for 3 months anyways and not sure if the local immigration office in Banglamung Pattaya will accept 2 months seasoning, (refer to attached doc furnished by immigration at above location a few days ago and sent to me).

I'll ask them for bank deposit seasoning clarification (quoting this "doc" in a few days, when I arrive TH.)

THAI-icg_ret_Ext.jpeg

Edited by i84teen

4 minutes ago, i84teen said:

Well, the more things change the more they stay the same. It's all moot now as I have missed the deadline for 3 months anyways and not sure if the local immigration office in Banglamung Pattaya will accept 2 months seasoning, (refer to attached doc furnished by immigration at above location a few days ago). I'll ask them for bank deposit seasoning clarification in a few days, when I arrive TH.

That is outdated info.

There have been several reports that they will accept 2 months.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is outdated info.

Yeah, well that's good news albeit not surprising the "current" immigration rules/docs are outdated but in still in use.

Thank you, much obliged.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:18 AM, mikebell said:

I'm on a UK state pension which been frozen for the last 12 years, I'd love to know how you do it.

OMG. That seems criminal.

Thank god I do not have a UK pension.

Mine has increased 30% in the past 12 years. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually he is correct. If you add up the cola increases since 2005 to this year it comes out to a little over 30%.

Yeah... I did the calculation only back to 2008. The further back you go, the better it looks. COLA really tanked in 2009. Hopefully we are do for some make up years?

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is outdated info.

I recently renewed my 12 month extension of stay in the Kingdom (by virtue of 'Retirement') at the Hua-Hin IMO and they did NOT require the 800,000 to have been in my account for three months prior to the application and this was my 14th renewal.