Overstay and WP status

Hi, If this is the wrong spot for this post, I apologize. Any help is much appreciated. 

Question is simple, is there any way to find out when my WP was applied for by my school, not processed but applied for? Please don't tell me to ask the school, they aren't any help; that's a different story. 

Yeah, I figured as much. Different question for the same issue though; if I have a contract stating I should be paid X amount at a tax rate of x% but the employer is paying less than the contractually agreed upon amount, does anyone know if the labor board would help? 

For example, (numbers are not real) let's say I'm getting paid 28,000 baht a month but my contract states I am being paid 38,000 a month and the tax rates differ too, do I have a case here in Thailand? contract is signed by all parties....

On 1/22/2020 at 5:49 PM, Templeton said:

Please don't tell me to ask the school, they aren't any help; that's a different story.

It seems to me that your school told you they have applied for a work permit, but don't show you any proof or receipt of that application.

That's why you want it to check yourself?

You can go check it at the local labour office.

Be noted that  it is illegal to work without having applied for a WP by your school or you, and without the proper nonB visa.

So don't stir any waters at labour.

Secondly, they don't pay you what is agreed upon in the contract?

Labour might be able to check that, or intervene.

If you are not working illegally....

Lastly, if you seem to have 2 problems already, why the <deleted> would you even consider working there?

It's not gonna get better.

It'll probably get worse after you complain about them stealing 10k of the already low salary.

Good luck with it.

2 hours ago, MarcB said:

Be noted that  it is illegal to work without having applied for a WP by your school or you, and without the proper nonB visa.

It's illegal to work without the permit. Applying does not grant permission to work.  Schools will lie to you and get you to work. Some never apply for a work permit just keep saying still working. 

Also you can work on a non-o for marriage doesnt have to be a non-b.  

OP  becareful allot of the schools do what they want and dont follow the rules.   As for the wages speak to the labor department they will help.  I've dealt with them a few times, very helpful.  

I already have my WP. to answer the question why am I here? I would have left if it was a simple moving process. Iv'e been in LOS for 4 years already. Its not as simple as packing my suitcase and getting on a train. If it was i'd do that. They also are trying to tell me I need to give them my WP to hold, meaning I can't have it unless I "check it out".

1 hour ago, Templeton said:

I already have my WP. to answer the question why am I here? I would have left if it was a simple moving process. Iv'e been in LOS for 4 years already. Its not as simple as packing my suitcase and getting on a train. If it was i'd do that. They also are trying to tell me I need to give them my WP to hold, meaning I can't have it unless I "check it out".

Your work perrmit yours to keep. ( just don't lose it )

If you leave it with them they can do lots of things with it that can backfire, on you.

Your opening post made it sound like you hadn't got one yet.

Re drop in salary you need to show your contract and payslips to the labour office and ask their advice. Another reason to keep 'your' WP. Give the school a signed copy.

Do it to them before they do it to you.

• 2 weeks later...

A work Permit takes 3-4 working days to process once the application is complete and accepted. If it is your 1st WP with this employer then you would have had to be there in person to sign it and it would have been handed to you the same day.

Originals must be signed in front of the labor office worker. Renewals can be done by messenger.

If this drama is longer than 10-14 days then no permit has been applied for. It's usually two working weeks in BKK. Can't imagine it should be longer in the provs.

Five WP none has taken longer than two weeks to actually process. Three schools required me to go to MoL. Three did not which were agencies and one public.

Edited by Number 6

On 1/24/2020 at 11:19 AM, Templeton said:

I advise not insisting that by law you must hold your WP. 

Give it to them then ask for it to open a bank account buy forget to give it back.

If they make you give it back, ask for it again, saying you need it to buy some stock, then sell some stock. Again, forget to give it back.

Next time say you need it to show the police or government for getting a yellow house book or a number of different things. They will soon get tired of giving it to you and asking for it back.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:40 PM, Templeton said:

Yeah, I figured as much. Different question for the same issue though; if I have a contract stating I should be paid X amount at a tax rate of x% but the employer is paying less than the contractually agreed upon amount, does anyone know if the labor board would help? 

For example, (numbers are not real) let's say I'm getting paid 28,000 baht a month but my contract states I am being paid 38,000 a month and the tax rates differ too, do I have a case here in Thailand? contract is signed by all parties....

Of course you have a case. 

But ultimately. You are responsible for paying tax. When you go to the tax office, your school must give you a letter stating how much you have earned. 

If it is not the same as you actually got paid, go to the DoL. However, realize that you'll probably lose your job, but you'll be due severance pay and can take the school to court. They usually negotiate with the DoL lawyer in an out of court settlement. Fight for your rights. You should get that extra 12x10,000 baht.