Retirement Visa

OK I am confused 

I just noticed that I have a notice that I must submit to immigration 

1. my passport

2. book bank (baht 800,000 and or pension certificate

for update of stay permitted on 08 April 2020

My reason for confusion is that i submitted a letter from the Canadian Embassy verifying my monthly income as well i presented them with my print outs for 12 months for my bank in Canada.

Can one of you guys explain to me what the hell is happening.

Strikes me that it somehow failed to click with the dozy dimwit at your local immigration office (Pathum Thani?) who issued this notice that you were extending for retirement on the basis of 65k monthly income and not 800k/400k in the bank. Were you handed this notice at the office, or did you receive it out of the blue in the post?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Strikes me that it somehow failed to click with the dozy dimwit at your local immigration office (Pathum Thani?) who issued this notice that you were extending for retirement on the basis of 65k monthly income and not 800k/400k in the bank. Were you handed this notice at the office, or did you receive it out of the blue in the post?

little piece of paper in my passport no mention was made to me

32 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

little piece of paper in my passport no mention was made to me

Think that it can safely be ignored in your case. But of possible interest to Pathum Thanian retirees using the 800k/400k bank method, who may wish to note that their local office appears to have acquired "rogue" credentials by pointlessly requiring them to return 90 days after submitting their latest retirement extension application, armed with an updated passbook in order for it to be confirmed that no heinous felony has been committed on account of the bank balance having slipped below the relevant required minimum at any time during the previous 90 days by even a single satang.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

OK I am confused 

I just noticed that I have a notice that I must submit to immigration 

1. my passport

2. book bank (baht 800,000 and or pension certificate

for update of stay permitted on 08 April 2020

Maybe they want another embassy letter after 3 months. I suggest you ask the office to clarify.

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

Think that it can safely be ignored in your case. But of possible interest to Pathum Thanian retirees using the 800k/400k bank method, who may wish to note that their local office appears to have acquired "rogue" credentials by pointlessly requiring them to return 90 days after submitting their latest retirement extension application, armed with an updated passbook in order for it to be confirmed that no heinous felony has been committed on account of the bank balance having slipped below the relevant required minimum at any time during the previous 90 days by even a single satang.

Ubon Ratchathani Immigration also require retirees on the 800000k baht in the bank route to return after 3 months.

• Thanks 1

I expect that they want you to return to insure that the 800k has remained in your bank account for the three months after the extension per the new requirements and they are further requiring that you submit an "official" bank statement and not just your bankbook as proof.  Some offices are making it harder and harder to remain stay here.

• Haha 1

I have to do my 90 day report in April so I will see.  I also went out of the country so it will be interesting.  I asked if I had to report back right away and they said no but HEY THIS IS THAILAND LOL

I will have my letter from the embassy handy just in case

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE WORDS OF ADVICE  Will let you know what happens after I have been there in April

20 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

as well i presented them with my print outs for 12 months for my bank in Canada.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something but are you saying that you applied using the income method?  Then you say your bank in Canada?  The Embassy letter should have been all you needed but then if you show that the pension money went to a Canadian bank, that won't do it since it has to be in a Thai bank.

Any one of the following would have been OK.  Monthly >65K into a Thai bank, 800K for the proper time in a Thai bank or a valid Embassy letter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding something but are you saying that you applied using the income method?  Then you say your bank in Canada?  The Embassy letter should have been all you needed but then if you show that the pension money went to a Canadian bank, that won't do it since it has to be in a Thai bank.

I think he meant at the Canadian embassy when he did the statutory declaration. The embassy requires proof of income to do them.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:42 AM, kingstonkid said:

I have to do my 90 day report in April so I will see.  I also went out of the country so it will be interesting.  I asked if I had to report back right away and they said no but HEY THIS IS THAILAND LOL

I will have my letter from the embassy handy just in case

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE WORDS OF ADVICE  Will let you know what happens after I have been there in April

Just a word of caution. I asked at Pathumthani Office if I needed to report right away after returning from overseas trip when getting my re-entry permit. Officer said no. I wasn't convinced and telephoned them the day we got back. They said yes I must, wifey had to do a new form, photocopies of passport, entry stamp, etc. And must do it within the 24 hours to avoid the fine.

My experience is they are sticklers for all and every rule. Over the last few years things had really improved, in and out quickly. But over the last couple of years, with all the changes, it's getting confused and difficult again. 

Hope all goes well and please do let us know how you get on.