Most reasonable insurance acceptable for O -A Visa

Felt 35

My previous post is probably not what you wanted to hear, so.

I’m on an extension of OA visa and when this subject came up I checked out the cost of the acceptable insurance companies, 3 of them I had to email for a quote but only Pacific Cross replied.

Personally I looked at the cheapest option ( PC Standard Extra policy with a 300,000 baht deductible ) as see it as a payment for continuing the OA extension and not a usable insurance.

Despite this I found PC to be the clearest to understand of the acceptable insurance companies with English language speakers to assist setting up and with any issues.

Quite irrelevant to me as I decided to go with conversion to an O visa to avoid these insurance policies but thought I would pass on my findings.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

as see it as a payment for continuing the OA extension and not a usable insurance.

This is also my intention with asking for recommendations for a reasonable insurance because the coverage provided is in most cases unsatisfying.

Afraid there is no reasonable insurance that satisfies the Immigration requirement  

The whole program is unreasonable to start with, especially with the costs for anyone over 70, the pre-existing condition limitations, and the real kicker; it's useless outside of Thailand

If that were not enough we now read about incidents where extensions are denied because insurance timings don't fit extension timings

When the Cabinet-MFA-Immigration got into bed with the insurance companies for this fiasco they should have at least insisted that everyone be on the same page, but no, this is Thailand, land of wing it 

• Thanks 2

On 1/23/2020 at 9:23 AM, Langsuan Man said:

Afraid there is no reasonable insurance that satisfies the Immigration requirement  

The whole program is unreasonable to start with, especially with the costs for anyone over 70, the pre-existing condition limitations, and the real kicker; it's useless outside of Thailand

Pacific Cross has products that are more reasonable than the ones listed on that LongStay website and they supposedly meet the Immigration requirements. The insurance can also be used outside of Thailand.

I bought a policy from them ฿5,000,000 coverage 300K deductible that runs roughly ฿3400/month. Under 65 non-smoker, good weight, good health no pre-existing conditions. With the high deductible I don't expect to get much use out of the policy, I hope don't need it anyways, but it does give some peace of mind if something major happens.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 11:24 AM, KeeTua said:

Pacific Cross has products that are more reasonable than the ones listed on that LongStay website and they supposedly meet the Immigration requirements. The insurance can also be used outside of Thailand.

I bought a policy from them ฿5,000,000 coverage 300K deductible that runs roughly ฿3400/month. Under 65 non-smoker, good weight, good health no pre-existing conditions. With the high deductible I don't expect to get much use out of the policy, I hope don't need it anyways, but it does give some peace of mind if something major happens.

Do you or anyone else know what kind of background check and how long back in time both in Thailand and abroad Pacific cross and similar insurance companies do before they approve or decline a clients health insurance application?

Thanks,

Felt.

You should call a broker and get a quote. Just got a quote from AA Brokers as I do have health insurance but need to add OP coverage. So I need a rider added to my current policy.

Give them a call you have nothing to loose. Ask for Took or Benny as they both speak English.  I go though the Pattaya office as it is the main office. You do not need to go to the office as everything can be done by email. Good luck.

Office Pattaya
565/62 Moo 10, (next to Big C South Pattaya) Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150
T. +66(0)38 415795 
# 13 & 15 Cellphone : 086-3322197 & 081-7822196
Office hours Monday to Friday 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.

Office Hua Hin
Wong Chomsin Building, Office 504, 83/14 Phetkasem Rd., Hua Hin, Prachuab Khiri Khan 77110
T. +66(0)32 532783  Office hours: Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Social media https://www.facebook.com/AAInsuranceBrokers1/

e-mail banner

Be aware, that when already having health-insurance in your home-country and you are only considering the thai-approved health-insurance policy as an entrance-ticket for your OA-retirement extension, that there are serious disavantages on subscribing to a @#$% thai IO approved health-insurance policy.

OA-retirement extension applicants have been turned down because

- the thai insurer did not provide them with the original copy of the policy (required by some IOs);

- the thai insurer failed to upload their policy details in the IO Insurance database;

- the insurance start time did not match exactly to the day and hour of of the extension application (a total bull###t reason).

On top of that you might get in trouble when making a claim as you then have 2 insurance policies and each of them wanting the other to pay for your claim, resulting in an administrative nightmare to get reimbursed.

I took the liberty to PM you a comprehensive Roadmap to convert to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa outlining all details/options how to do it.  The requirements/conditions for an OA-retirement extension or an O-retirement extension are EXACTLY the same, except that the O does not require the bogus thai-approved health-insurance requirement.

To access your PM-message just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum

• Thanks 1