What are your plans for Australia Day?

How are you Aussies celebrating Australia Day on Sunday? Sadly I don't have a bbq right now, so I'm heading to Australia Bar near BTS Nana on the day. Apparently they make a really good steak sandwich.

What are you true blue Aussies doing on Sunday?

Edited by tom in bangkok

Being its on a Sunday, I usually go to the local waterhole and listen to blokes from all around the UK telling their boring stories, hence the reason they got their name whinging poms, all jokes aside, it helps pass the time, but you can't beat a get together with Aussie's, now that's another waterhole that I frequent on 3 other nights, but it lacks sheila's, gotta have one shiela to look at, even if it's the UK bar owners wife, at least once a week oi

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think it's very appropriate to have a celebration while half your country is burning into the ground ...

But it's for sure a good reason to have a cold one on all the dying animals and all the people who lose everything !

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

They became Australian eventually!

Nonsense. Australia didn't become a country until 1901. Doubt there were many of the convicts still around by then.

There were more soldiers than convicts originally so it might be fairer to say we were founded on law and order.

i once went to the grand final free pour extravaganza at a hotel on silom, 

it was such an utter horror show, that now i avoid congregations of aussies and aussie event.

one chick at our table was so bladdered she was eating cigarette butts form the ashtray.

you lot do go big though, enjoy

Apparently, according to the new trend on changing Australia Day to some other day because it offends our indigenous population, I will be praying to Budda for forgiveness for steeling their country, that's after I have a meat pie with a cold beer watching AFL.

11 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Apparently, according to the new trend on changing Australia Day to some other day because it offends our indigenous population, I will be praying to Budda for forgiveness for steeling their country, that's after I have a meat pie with a cold beer watching AFL.

By 1935, January 26 was known as Australia Day in all states except New South Wales, where it was still called Anniversary Day. From 1946, January 26 was called Australia Day in all states and territories, and since 1994, the Australia Day public holiday has been on January 26 throughout the country.

The First DAY of Mourning was held in 1938, before the day was recognised by all states. 56 years before it became a public holiday

So not a new "trend"

Edited by RJRS1301

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Got a litre bottle of Bundy OP Rum and a dozen Four N Twenty pies, so will get smashed on Bundy and eat a few pies whilst listeneing to the hottest 100.

... or at least 'Rage' on iView 

Come to think about it, I might go looking for a brother and throw a roo on the barby and say no hard feelings mate, you see my parents are from Europe, I was born in Australia, I had nothing to do with it and live in Thailand now ????

55 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

The "celebration" of the invasion of Australia by the British and the begining of the white washed history of the country.

555 I'd say something really hilarious but I'd get a red card sure ban.

That's the the world is, people stealing land from each other since forever. Don't like it? Kill yourself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1