Trump laments missing Davos star Greta's speech

webfact

16 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The Paris accord is an absolute scam

China is actually buying carbon credits to pollute more!! 

The IPCC and the commodities markets that they are using as instruments is a way for the despicable Al Gore and his scumbag friends to make trillions........yes trillions of $$$$$$$

From what you say, UN which provide the Framework for the Paris Agreement was party to the scam. Mighty strong accusation or you just mesmerized by Trump’s idiosyncratic crazy ideas.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

From what you say, UN which provide the Framework for the Paris Agreement was party to the scam. Mighty strong accusation or you just mesmerized by Trump’s idiosyncratic crazy ideas.  

Yeh the UN are part of the scam, is that a strong enough accusation?

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Some perhaps need reminding that the likes of Al Gore were banging this drum long before St Greta was even born & that others weren't convinced then either.

The world communities were concerned enough to commit to the Kyoto Protocol in 2008 in which 37 countries have binding targets to reduce greenhouse gas emission. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

I must admit there are some great lobbyists around the world!

But but Greta was not borne then. Still the worries of far reaching and long lasting changes to the natural environment, ecosystem and human societies must have impacted lobbyists to push hard for global commitments. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sucit said:

I would like to see these two in a head on head debate. I think it would be close. Which is kinda pathetic for Trump. 

i dont, neither bring any relevant history, science, or technical knowledge,

they are literally illiterates on all associated fields beside politics,

which unfortunately dominate and degenerate the debate into pure distilled filth of propaganda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

for the sake of objectivity and open mindedness it is interesting how this swedish woman reflects on greta thunberg and issues related to her

‘If the answer is yes, then you obviously have to buy into all the leftist Kitiona Andy into the panic’

Honestly atyclb, do you really swallow that kind of baseless premise or is just you don’t have any better arguments than this hogwash?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

‘If the answer is yes, then you obviously have to buy into all the leftist Kitiona Andy into the panic’

Honestly atyclb, do you really swallow that kind of baseless premise or is just you don’t have any better arguments than this hogwash?

If Greta Thunberg announced it was Thursday today some would applaud it as profound!

Unfortunately her autism makes here a prime target for the political exploitation of her parents and their friends. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Carbon Credits quickly became a tradeable financial instrument for many countries and organizations. As with all trades, supply and demand, people can and do make money.

But the idea they reduce carbon emissions is exactly that - an idea.

Unless India and China seriously buy into this, which at the moment they aren't, whatever the RoW do won't matter diddly squat.

And neither are at the moment. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So Greta has now been elevated to "stardom".

Based on what may I ask, perhaps her complaints, her scowl, her ability to repeat what adults tell her?

If it's come to this, IMO mankind is indeed doomed.

And what do you stand for?  I would rather have her president of the USA.  At least she can speak above the grade level of trump.  How do you know people tell her what to say?  Do you have proof ???? what about the kids speaking up about gun violence-survivors of mass killings-idiots because they are kids ???? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:
4 hours ago, atyclb said:

for the sake of objectivity and open mindedness it is interesting how this swedish woman reflects on greta thunberg and issues related to her

honest to god i wasn't baiting you

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Redline said:

I would rather have her president of the USA.

i went the other direction, never would it have come to my mind to support trump in any shape or form, but he is the last glimmer of reason in this propaganda,

i place my hope on him to stand against this lunacy that grip western europe politicians,

until they finally snap out of it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Fossil fuels generate heat. Absorbing radiation from the sun, and converting it to electricity, then storing it in batteries, does not.

there is energy waste heat from that too, just like for everything else,

its a reoccurring theme that alarmists does not know basic physics,

a coincidence ? i think not

and ditto for batteries, they will lose a good deal of that stored energy over time,

not to mention its entirely unrealistic from an economic view at this point in time.

here is a primer for engineering illiterates to keep discussion in the realm of reality,

oh wait, asking for reality amidst co2 & climate change angst, what was i thinking ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

What a stupid comment, who do you think writes Trump's lines, and most politicians, royals etc etc, where have you been living ?

As for Greta, she is a superstar, what have you done to educate your kids, if any on how to manage their share of for example, waste disposal, or reduction in green gas emissions, yeh, I thought so.

If we all took your opinion, our future generations would certainly be doomed, at least she is pushing the envelope for change, why, because it's needed, the world knows it, but Greta has come along and is pushing hard, and we should all support her cause, not put her down, I mean how negative can you be.

Superstar?  Really?  Because of all her extensive studies on climate?  I guess this would also make Chicken Little a superstar.  Wow, Chicken Little was way before his time.  Who would have thunk it. ????

• Thanks 2