90 Government MPs seek Constitutional Court ruling on legality of budget bill

webfact

Budget.jpg

File photo

Ninety government MPs have signed a letter, addressed to parliament president Chuan Leekpai, requesting that the Constitutional Court rule on the legality of the budget bill for the 2020 fiscal year, after at least 2 proxy were cast on the budget bill.

Government chief whip, Mr. Wirat Rattanaseth, said today (Wednesday) that the MPs would like the Constitutional Court to rule on whether proxy voting is contrary to Section 120 of the Constitution and, if it is, whether the whole budget bill is affected, or only the sections endorsed by proxy votes, and what should be done next.

At least, two government MPs, Phatthalung MP Chalong Thoedveerapong and party-list MP Mrs. Nathee Ratchakitprakarn, were found to have cast their votes while they were absent from parliament during the debate in January.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/90-government-mps-seek-constitutional-court-ruling-on-legality-of-budget-bill/

thaipbs.jpg

2 hours ago, webfact said:

At least, two government MPs, Phatthalung MP Chalong Thoedveerapong and party-list MP Mrs. Nathee Ratchakitprakarn, were found to have cast their votes while they were absent from parliament during the debate in January.

Probably 20 million cast votes for the current government that were either fictional or dead

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

I read it's a 174 now. Anywho, Prayut should be very proud of these politicians who are pointing out this grave malpractice. After all, he had the coup because he wanted to end behaviour like this. 

I look forward to seeing Prayut condemn these two MPs who voted without being present. I wonder if he will have them kicked out. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Ninety government MPs have signed a letter, addressed to parliament president Chuan Leekpai, requesting that the Constitutional Court rule on the legality of the budget bill for the 2020 fiscal year, after at least 2 proxy were cast on the budget bill.

A storms a brewing.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

The funny thing (bad for government) is that in the Bangkok post there is a ruling of the constitutional court shooting down Yingluck her budget bill because votes were casts for MP's that were not there.

If this time they rule differently it would be a clear sign for all to see that they are bias. I doubt they dare this so this budget bill will get a lot of flack.

Yes, many of us on here have been umming and ahing for a while as to whether or not this government is bias. We've been waiting with bated breath for ages for a clear sign.  

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, many of us on here have been umming and ahing for a while as to whether or not this government is bias. We've been waiting with bated breath for ages for a clear sign.  

I am talking about the constitutional court. Every government is bias we seen that in PTP and this lot always defending their own and attacking others.

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am talking about the constitutional court. Every government is bias we seen that in PTP and this lot always defending their own and attacking others.

Yes, are the constitutional court (the same one who said it couldn't rule on the oathgate scandal) biased? Oh, how we need a clear sign........

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your comparison of this mob with PTP is ridiculous.

What are you, some kind of obsessive or a closeted fan of dictatorship?

PTP were ALWAYS elected and ALWAYS had the courts against them while this mob have never won an election and have the courts in their pocket.

Next thing you know, you'll be telling us all that apples are oranges.

Bizarro.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Loongharkok said:

Your comparison of this mob with PTP is ridiculous.

What are you, some kind of obsessive or a closeted fan of dictatorship?

PTP were ALWAYS elected and ALWAYS had the courts against them while this mob have never won an election and have the courts in their pocket.

Next thing you know, you'll be telling us all that apples are oranges.

Bizarro.

I will not go into it too much as it will derail the topic. My point is that both sides are total hypocrites. The junta had an drug minister the PTP attacked it and the junta defended him The PTP had a murder (ordered a hit) and their party defended him while the junta attacked him.

That shows the total moral loss on both sides as both sides should have kicked their tainted MP out as fast as they could instead of focusing on the enemy and protecting their own.

Shows just total moral bankruptcy on both sides. Only side i like is Future Forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, are the constitutional court (the same one who said it couldn't rule on the oathgate scandal) biased? Oh, how we need a clear sign........

Yes but this is much easier to compare and far harder for them to wiggle out as the situations are completely the same. If they rule different now the sign is far clearer then any sign ever. 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes but this is much easier to compare and far harder for them to wiggle out as the situations are completely the same. If they rule different now the sign is far clearer then any sign ever. 

And then what? Nothing, that's what. Even die-hard conservatives know it's all rigged and corrupt - only difference is they don't care. 

They're a law unto themselves. Don't need any more signs to to confirm what anyone with half a brain should know. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

And then what? Nothing, that's what. Even die-hard conservatives know it's all rigged and corrupt - only difference is they don't care. 

They're a law unto themselves. Don't need any more signs to to confirm what anyone with half a brain should know. 

There is a big difference between knowing and proof. This would be 100% proof. Anyone with half a brain would understand this. That is why this is such a dangerous thing for them. 

If a court rules different on 100% similar situations its proof. 

So I am curious how this is going to work out. The timing of the verdict on the YL case with the proxi voting and now this is really bad for them. I find it strange that its not mentioned in the newspaper that is linked to Thaivisa but it is in the BKK post. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

There is a big difference between knowing and proof. This would be 100% proof. Anyone with half a brain would understand this. That is why this is such a dangerous thing for them. 

If a court rules different on 100% similar situations its proof. 

So I am curious how this is going to work out. The timing of the verdict on the YL case with the proxi voting and now this is really bad for them. I find it strange that its not mentioned in the newspaper that is linked to Thaivisa but it is in the BKK post. 

Nothing will happen. I'm sure you witnessed the PM not recite a simple oath properly. That's 100% proof and nothing happened.

Prayut is a puppet for a group of people who can't be touched. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 4:44 AM, webfact said:

Under common law and the Thai constitutional principle of "good people," the CC can excuse the manner in which the MP's delivered their vote and sustain their vote.