Lopburi gold shop murder suspect’s arrest a result of joint effort

webfact

Gold shop murder suspect’s arrest a result of joint effort

Gold-Lopburi.png

The apprehension of school director Prasitthichai Khaokaew, a suspect in the gold shop murders, by the Crime Suppression Division’s Hanuman special unit, was the outcome of an extensive joint effort by police and forensic experts, who analysed CCTV footage from the crime scene and along possible escape routes.

Informed police sources have told Thai PBS that the experts studied the clothing of the robber, including his long-sleeved black sweater with grey patches on the shoulders, and his black sneakers, which provided clues about his unique taste in clothing. 

Forensic experts analysed the robber’s stance and walk until they agreed that the robber was someone who had undergone surgery on his right knee. Then they looked at the gun he used and thought it could be a Czech made 9mm CZ SP75-01. They then delved into the records of registered owners of this model and found it belonged to a police officer.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/gold-shop-murder-suspects-arrest-a-result-of-joint-effort/

thaipbs.jpg

45 minutes ago, webfact said:

They then delved into the records of registered owners of this model and found it belonged to a police officer.

And...?

...police examined CCTV from the mall in Lop Buri province, where the crime was committed and where the robber was seen riding a white and red Yamaha motorcycle away from the mall.

The robber rode past Wat Dong Noi, turned right in Motel 111 lane toward Ban Mai Khun Nuan and then turned right through Tambon Tha Sala onto Pahonyothin highway. He then made a U-turn in front of Thai Rath Wittaya 1 School to turn into Chompon Road, turned left into Erawan Road before entering Lop Buri View housing estate, where Mr. Prasitthichai has a house.

Oh.

I reckon once some blanks are filled in (or some inferences totally expunged), we will see this one on (mostly foreign) Crime TV some time in the future.

41 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

Is this for real? Experts in the study of clothes? This place gets weirder by the minute . . . ????

He wanted to dress for the occasion, and that was where he made his mistake, fortunately, and well done to the experts for having a keen eye in the department of clothing ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

He didn't kill the child in cold blood, it was a ricochet.

Um, what about the other two people he shot dead, were they ricochet's as well ?

Give him the death penalty, but by the hand of the father of the child, death by a dining table fork, i.e. a slow and painful death.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

He wanted to dress for the occasion, and that was where he made his mistake, fortunately, and well done to the experts for having a keen eye in the department of clothing ????

You fell for it hook line and sinker. Its police talk. I'm kidding sort of. The wife or girlfriend it's alleged identified him and the DNA and work done by the various experts makes it look good in the media and on the board soon to be presented at the next police press briefing in HQ. The DNA will match because the police say so.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

We can make fun of the BIBs and indeed, I have done so many times. This time, kudos to them. Good work, good inter-agency work. Job well done!

Yes.

There are those that are well trained and care and know what they are doing.

They need more, but good thing the right ones were on this case.

• Like 1

"Informed police sources have told Thai PBS that the experts studied the clothing of the robber, including his long-sleeved black sweater with grey patches on the shoulders, and his black sneakers, which provided clues about his unique taste in clothing. 

Forensic experts analysed the robber’s stance and walk until they agreed that the robber was someone who had undergone surgery on his right knee. Then they looked at the gun he used and thought it could be a Czech made 9mm CZ SP75-01. They then delved into the records of registered owners of this model and found it belonged to a police officer."

There are rumors that the police was tipped by his wife, who recognized too much and couldn't live with it.....

Edited by Teddy3943

1 hour ago, neeray said:

For what it's worth, my Thai partner has gleaned this from the Thai news, "His wife gave the clue to the police".

The police research his clothes and tell news.

His wife see and know his clothes/shoes.

E57749FA-7A90-471B-947D-63BB0F6688BF.jpeg

D7D8630C-2006-4072-8A89-93934EA15840.jpeg

E61B7735-A22B-4AC1-922E-49177B46CEF9.jpeg

18DF8026-7714-4FE5-808D-1E4940157AC2.jpeg

3D63A824-FE60-4A68-8F8E-A89163711C0A.jpeg

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Um, what about the other two people he shot dead, were they ricochet's as well ?

Give him the death penalty, but by the hand of the father of the child, death by a dining table fork, i.e. a slow and painful death.

They're from Isaan. They dine on the floor, not the table.

At least you got the utensil correct.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yeh I agree, he should be killed, just noting that he didn't kill the kid in cold blood.

Dispose of this POS as soon as possibly and as painfully as possible

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe not a ricochet as such but a stray/unintended bullet. You can see in the footage its a shot he fires next to the mall staff guys head , either to kill or scare the guy, that kills the boy. Otherwise its a pretty good shot from 10-20 meters away, if intentional.

What I read was that it went through the security guard's shoulder and ended up in the boy's head. 

Heatbreakingly bad luck for the little fella

• Like 1