Let them speak: Most Americans want witnesses in Trump impeachment trial - Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

1 hour ago, CaptRon2 said:

The Democrats could have let the courts decide, after all that is the responsibility of the judicial branch, but they were in to much of a rush, now they want The Republican Senate to do the job they they screwed up. Pretty funny, and once again exposing how weak they are, but as a Trump supporter I have to thank them for A Slam Dunk for President Trumps second term. 

Then why are the doj in court arguing against ruling on subpoenas because they have no juridiction to be involved in political matters.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

By the same token how qualified are Ivanka and Kuchner for the positions they hold? And were Qatar the victims of a “shakedown” over the Kuchner property loan?  

Just saying ; they attended Davos meeting, WHY?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sujo said:

Because trump wont let them. Tells congress to go to court. Bit at the same time his doj is arguing the court has no juridiction.

Hypocrits.

Trump stopped them from taking him to court? You understand how ridiculous that is? 

How could Trump stop them from taking him to court?

10 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Trump stopped them from taking him to court? You understand how ridiculous that is? 

How could Trump stop them from taking him to court?

Hmm, sorry but It appears you are not understanding what he wrote.

13 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

I'm an American (USA) citizen and I want witnesses in any and all trials/cases. Witnesses provide crucial evidence that any honest person should want, regardless. The witnesses in the Trump impeachment will provide crucial evidence one way or the other. REGARDLESS of which partisan side of the aisle...EVERYONE SHOULD want to hear witness testimony, to bring out the facts and get to the truth. EVERYONE. 

No one is stopping the witness testimony that the House used to impeach him. 

What crucial evidence is missing? Did the House not have an overwhelming amount of iron-clad evidence when they impeached him? All of that is admissible, yes? 

Seems you guys have all known the “truth” for the three years you’ve been calling for his impeachment, certainly long before this phone call debacle. 

This whole thing is I big nothing burger that the left wants to propagandize using their media. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Then why are the doj in court arguing against ruling on subpoenas because they have no juridiction to be involved in political matters.

Exactly, they are in court letting the judicial system make the decision, just like the Dems could have/should have done, but that would have interfered with their politically motivated time schedule.

Why would you expect the Republicans to clean up the mess the Dems handed them? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Congratulations Frits, on quoting an article that is founded on statements from more unnamed sources, in the real world all you are doing is repeating rumors. Your “Trump is a criminal” statement carries no weight and as usual you credibility contributes to diminish.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mogandave said:

One of the allegations that came out of the House’s impeachment inquiry. 

Why did the House not take the time to hear all the witnesses they are demanding now? 

Are you seriously lost?  Who has been cooperating ????

4 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Because Trump forbade testimony.

2 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Hmm, sorry but It appears you are not understanding what he wrote.

I think I do understand. He and you both seem to be claiming Trump can stop people from testifying, yes? 

But just like when Obama barred people from testifying by exerting executive privilege, it’s Trump’s legal right to force the House to go through the court and demonstrate a compelling reason why they need it. 

The house chose not to do this.

This President does not have to provide anything to the House until the Supreme Court says he has to, just like the last President.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I’m not on the left, and I’ve known him to be a crook since the 1980’s, when he first came to prominence ... 

It’s okay to think that Trump’s policies are good for your country, but not to excuse the obvious ... that he is a crook. He’s not alone, Putin, Duterte, Xi, etc. 

Yes.

Actually a significant portion of 45 fans well understand what 45 has done but sadly they don't care and are still standing by their man. 

Poll evidence in link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/01/22/sizable-chunk-trumps-base-thinks-he-has-broken-law-many-those-people-remain-his-corner/

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes.

Actually a significant portion of 45 fans well understand what 45 has done but sadly they don't care and are still standing by their man. 

Not entirely true, My neighbor in NY (before i sold my house there) and good friend (i stay at their house when ever in NY) is a Republican  Orange county  legislator, her Mom was a long time, now retired, republican county commissioner.  I disagree with their politics, as I am sure they disagree with mine, but we like and respect each other. 

When trump was first elected, a Trump flag flew in their front lawn , the flag has since then come down , and the only way I have heard them describe trump is  "embarrassing".

A lot of these "trump supporters" at this point do not support trump, they are unwilling to admit that they were had.

As far as politicians are concerned , like everyone else , have a front stage persona and a backstage persona, to do the things they want to do they need to be invited to the dance and  they have to survive within the environment they live in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Not entirely true, My neighbor in NY (before i sold my house there) and good friend (i stay at their house when ever in NY) is a Republican  Orange county  legislator, her Mom was a long time, now retired, republican county commissioner.  I disagree with their politics, as I am sure they disagree with mine, but we like and respect each other. 

When trump was first elected, a Trump flag flew in their front lawn , the flag has since then come down , and the only way I have heard them describe trump is  "embarrassing".

A lot of these "trump supporters" at this point do not support trump, they are unwilling to admit that they were had.

As far as politicians are concerned , like everyone else , have a front stage persona and a backstage persona, to do the things they want to do they need to be invited to the dance and  they have to survive within the environment they live in.

Huh?

If someone is no longer a 45 fan then that person is not included in descriptions of 45 fans.

Polls have shown his core base has been mostly steady with fluctuations showing little loss and even less gains. Of course it never goes to 50 percent and never will. Currently I think it's about 42 percent. Yes it's still shocking that a president with such low support can still win the presidency but based on the electoral structure, yes she still can. 

But my post was obviously about people that can be described NOW as 45 fans. 

Edited by Jingthing

Just now, Jingthing said:

Huh?

If someone is no longer a 45 fan then that person is not included in descriptions of 45 fans.

Polls have shown his core base has been mostly steady with little loss and even less gains

But my post was obviously about people that can be described NOW as 45 fans. 

It is my opinion that poles only reflect what people are willing to publicly admit, I believe  and I am sure that in the privacy of the polling booth, if given a viable option they will react differently.

Just now, sirineou said:

It is my opinion that poles only reflect what people are willing to publicly admit, I believe  and I am sure that in the privacy of the polling booth, if given a viable option they will react differently.

Well I think polls still have value. Yes 45's win in 2016 was a shock but in general the national polls got it amazingly correct. They predicted the popular vote win quite well down the number of millions margin. What they failed at was much much harder to predict. A historic black swan almost fluke that won based on a tiny number of votes (about 70,000) in only four states. To expect polling organizations to have predicted that would be entirely unreasonable. 

• Like 2