Banner ad obscuring navigation

Social Media

I get it this place survives on Ads but the banner at the top isn't a moneymaker it looks like in-house stuff.

It's the wrong size and is too big for the content in portrait mode and landscape it covers the name of the site and obscures key navigation ! 

What a sloppy unprofessional image that displays, doesn't anyone care or have any pride in this site.

Look at these ...........

2020_01_23_08.24.42.jpg

portrait.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm also getting continuous ads in the bottom right hand corner of my screen, about 11 cm long and 3.5 cm high, also obscuring nagigation and covering my responses, as I type, to TV threads.

But to be honest I don't know if these ads are generated my ThaiVisa or are they generated my some other entity?

Any suggestion to remove them / stop them appreciated.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

Agree.  That banner add makes it very difficult to navigate the forum.

And now when I try to search 'Activity' on my mobile I get a full screen ad that cannot be closed, so cannot use the menu or see the content.

I know ads are needed to maintain a free site, but the implementation is very poor.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 8:30 AM, URMySunshine said:

I'm getting a persistent one on the left that continues with other applications and doesn't appear to have a close x button. 

It does have a close button, but you have to hover your cursor just above the top right hand corner of the ad for it to appear.

Only closes it temporarily, though! It will reappear after a short while, and immediately you navigate to a new page.

I know this site needs ad revenue to function; but there's already ads all the way down the right hand side of the page; why do we have to suffer these persistent pop ups as well?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 9:59 AM, scorecard said:

I'm also getting continuous ads in the bottom right hand corner of my screen, about 11 cm long and 3.5 cm high, also obscuring nagigation and covering my responses, as I type, to TV threads.

But to be honest I don't know if these ads are generated my ThaiVisa or are they generated my some other entity?

Any suggestion to remove them / stop them appreciated.

Having the same/similar problem. 

12 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Its a programmatic ad buy.....its done automatically by algorithms.....someone has been given the wrong sizes.

I have little doubt that either google (or similar) or TV sell ad space to others, that's sensible modern business.

But I guess your saying that 'someone' is in control of where these ads can appear on screen, how big they can be / dimensions / shape / how long they can appear, etc., so that they don't interfere with the main purpose of the site. That's logical.

So we come back to the point about just who 'controls' all of the above?

If it's ThaiVisa then please TV bring it under the correct controls.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

My original post is dated 23 Jan. Still happening 19 Feb.

Plus another one now appearing on the left corner, but bigger, a video (often video of the Indian PM making a speech), and no facility to mute or reduce the sound or to cancel the video.

Very annoying.

To TV support and mods, I'm assuming that the package you own / run to conduct the TV website allows you to control what's appears on screen, please take a look, please stop these annoying items which block your members / viewers from seeing what TV puts out and hinders writing answers / writing comments etc. Thanks.

To 

Plus another one now appearing on the left corner, but bigger, a video (often video of the Indian PM making a speech), and no facility to mute or reduce the sound or to cancel the video.

Very annoying.

To TV support and mods, I'm assuming that the package you own / run to conduct the TV website allows you to control what's appears on screen, please take a look, please stop these annoying items which block your members / viewers from seeing what TV puts out and hinders writing answers / writing comments etc. Thanks.

Very annoying.

The whole thing is not life threatening, it's not the end of the world, but it is annoying.

I have 'reported' my last 2 posts to the TV support team, hopefully someone will look at it. 

That add that blocks the navigation icons must have been like it for two years makes the site unusable on my iPhone mods aware of it nothing ever done about it.

i replied to a thread today started in aug 2019 about this video add running in bottom right hand corner ,,,,I just started getting it today????????????seems that thread has been ignored by mods/site developers for 8 months.

check out these screenshots how I try to post with this video add covering the text box.

3A37D62C-7D0B-40EE-87A4-C0605CF07874.png

DD92A679-CE0B-4618-AD6F-7CC851233331.png

B6B5FB60-8830-474D-AE86-133E2F9E3882.png

• Like 1

^ Truly awful from the mods, not used the site for a couple of months, just came back on it to catch up, it is completely un-usable and will revisit again in a couple of months. On my PC ive got about 25% of the screen Not covered in ads / vids. Being a web designer it is just upsetting to see! ???? ????

Edited by B1ade