eSIM True Pixel 3a XL

JohnMidnight

Just now, Langsuan Man said:

No,  but I did learn that your Pixel 3A must be upgraded to Android 10, and other than providing you with the QR code did True tell you it would work ?

Most of the forums indicate that the carrier must support the Pixel 3A before it will show up as an optional network 

Hi,

Yes on Android 10.  Shop only knew how to set up  iPhones,   Queried on the True internet help line, gave them make model and was told to go nearest True shop. 

Hi,

Too late I discovered that after three failed scan attempts " customer is required to contact True shop for registration"   So no service from either the physical or esim.

Returned to shop, made one final attempt but no joy.

So can assume that the eSim did send my number to True but it was rejected for whatever reason.

Will send another query to True.  

Hi,

Received following from True

"Dear valued customer, w have checked with the concerned team and found that the Google Pixel 3A XL is not supported for a TrueMove eSim yet. Once we already add this feature we will inform customers again. Please wait for the public relations in the future and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience.

To extend our apologies, a free 1GB Data valid for 7 days has been offered @@@@. Thank you for using True."

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2020 at 9:15 AM, JohnMidnight said:

Hi,

Received following from True

"Dear valued customer, w have checked with the concerned team and found that the Google Pixel 3A XL is not supported for a TrueMove eSim yet. Once we already add this feature we will inform customers again. Please wait for the public relations in the future and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience.

To extend our apologies, a free 1GB Data valid for 7 days has been offered @@@@. Thank you for using True."

Thank you for the follow up. Glad to know since I was thinking of changing from DTAC to True in order to use my Pixel 3A XL in Thailand without having to remove my US SIM card

2 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Thank you for the follow up. Glad to know since I was thinking of changing from DTAC to True in order to use my Pixel 3A XL in Thailand without having to remove my US SIM card

Hi

Ta,  If I receive any update will post here.