Coronavirus: Thailand is top destination for travellers from Wuhan

webfact

15 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Stay safe and well bud and i mean that sincerely. 

I appreciate the sentiment.  As for living in Asia for health benefits, you do have a point.  But I’ve been ill in more than one fully developed country, and life’s a bit too short to forgo this experience.  I don’t even want to think about the consequences of the lab in Wuhan.  I guess it’s a matter of personal comfort. You have yours, and I have mine.  Hope it works out for both of us.  Cheers.

Edited by Ramen087
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Coronavirus: Thailand is top destination for travellers from Wuhan

‘Bangkok is clearly the major international destination for traffic to and from Wuhan with on average around 545 arrivals each day’ – John Grant, OAG

Simon Calder, Travel Correspondent

vs.jpg

As concern grows about the spread of Wuhan Coronavirus, analysis of flight schedules has shown that the Thai capital, Bangkok, is the top international destination for travellers from the central Chinese city.

What an irony with this headline..... 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

This is a very serious situation. 547 cases have been confirmed. In China alone! It takes time to check that many people. In the meantime, those people have been interacting with the neighbors, acquaintances, business colleagues etc. They’ve been taking planes, buses, autos, taxis...and touching a lot of things that multiple people handle.  Like a steering wheel, condiments in restaurants, suitcase handles, tray tables and arm rests, and touch screens...  if the virus has mutated, you can double the exponential rate of growth... wear a mask, wash your hands, Carry hand sanitizers, and avoid crowds, if you can. This is no joke. Dismissal of initial warnings turn small outbreaks into epidemics, and epidemics into pandemics. 

Some of these knuckleheads are laughing about this, get serious folks

• Like 2

Why can't we joke about this????????????????

If we joke, will we really do something different??  no, of course not.

Oh, look, a chinese person!!!  maybe Wuhan!!!!  Run!!!!!!   

Oh, it's the end-of-the-world, I must cry until it's over.  ah, no.  

We can joke about anything we can't control.  We can't control this and we can't stop it and we can't do anything but read the news.  

Let's say you die if you leave your house after 10 p.m.  OK, now that is something we can control and we shouldn't laugh about that.   

• Like 1

Let me be totally upfront about this.  I have no proof, no evidence. This is pure conjecture.

• Wuhan quarantined

• Thai Baht finally down (although not nearly enough)

So do we have a correlation here?

your conspiracy theorist,

I.S. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Already reported on Western media in several countries that there have been several confirmed cases in Thailand. A serious concern for tourism in Thailand.

No TAT will do a campaign in Papua New Guinea they have many rich people, lol.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

As concern grows about the spread of Wuhan Coronavirus, analysis of flight schedules has shown that the Thai capital, Bangkok, is the top international destination for travellers from the central Chinese city.

Which should be suspended for the time being until the virus is under control and China can prove the flights are safe.

But I know T.A.T would not approve of such a measure, profits from Chinese New Year and arrival figures are more important than health issues.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Another UK tabloid. Tomorrows chip wrapper we said in the days of newspapers being an entity.

Correct on the death toll, 'up to' means they don't know how many infected. It's around 473 as of last night.

598 as of this morning

2 hours ago, spermwhale said:

Well China has now put a complete lockdown on travel to, from and inside Wuhan province. Planes, trains, buses and even subways have been stopped to contain the virus. 

But they have not stopped the cars 

7 hours ago, seajae said:

Wuhan has now been closed down with all transport shut off after several deaths over night, maybe Thailand needs to stop travelers at the border to do health checks etc as well to avoid this from becoming a major problem in Thailand but that would ruin their tourist numbers. Just maybe they need to place the populations health and well being above making money and getting tourists but I highly doubt it

But what about the money they bring in

2 hours ago, SkyFax said:

YUK

23 JAN 2020 - Snakes Are The Likely Source of China's Deadly Coronavirus. Here's Why

https://www.sciencealert.com/snakes-are-the-likely-source-of-china-s-deadly-coronavirus-here-s-why

Yes, I was in conversation with five Chinese earlier this morning. That is what they said. Some have relatives in Wuhan and have been on WeChat almost continuously. They said the word is it was snakes and spiders.

At some point panic will set in and all hell will let loose. The internet is a great device for amplifying paranoia exponentially. If the virus don't gets you then the panic buying and hysteria may well do so. So far only the ill and the very old need to be worried so that is most TVF users safe and sound. But since most don't go out and sit hunched over their computers my advice would be....

get masks plenty of them

get hand gel lots of it

stock up with loads of bottled water , tinned goods , crackers and the like.

when you go out wear the mask and only make essential trips

avoid crowded places particularly those frequented by Chinese

on return scrub up well paying particular attention to your hands and shower before returning to the internet for updates. 

watch the movie Contagion - which is wholly based on scientific evidence.

Edited by URMySunshine

I think this should be added here:

Chinese told to comply with airport coronavirus checks after woman ‘evaded’ screening in France

• Embassies urge citizens to follow instructions after traveller from Wuhan posts on social media that she took medicine to bring down her temperature
  • Passenger has been contacted and asked to call French emergency hotline

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3047334/chinese-told-comply-airport-coronavirus-checks-after-woman

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Might as well add a contagious virus to go along with water shortage...beach pollution...dangerous levels of air pollution and Immigration Officers that welcome expatss like family...☺

Go on my son, your TV alarm must have gone off again. By the way how is the good old USA?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1